MNN (Brief Footage from Edgar Wright's THE WORLD'S END; Scarlett Johansson in LUCY)

Status
Not open for further replies.
:) I actually did that last year when Statham was first cast in Heat. I put it in the MNN thread title and a few that didn't read the content were upset.

Edit: Ok, I changed the thread title with the Heat news.

Funny thing is. i nearly did that:redface: i had something like "wow i can't believe they're remaking heat" and i was about to post but just thought, "i better check that again"

Woah i got mad then......remaking Mann's Heat would have been a joke.

Statham taking on another role where he plays the same character he's always played.....Jason Statham.

This would have been a great troll thread title. Sherdoggers would have started raging if they saw "Heat to be remade and starring Jason Statham" undoubtedly Mann's Heat would have popped into their mind.

It did for me. I was like, "Oh come on!"

Ghost rider 2 is one of the very few movies I wasn't able to completely watch through. I thought in the beginning that it might become a so bad its good kind of flick, but it definitely just stayed shitty.

:) I actually did that last year when Statham was first cast in Heat. I put it in the MNN thread title and a few that didn't read the content were upset.

Almost raged...

I fear what would happen if you ever put your efforts into trolling instead of being the best source of movie information on the internet

Am I the only one who's never seen Clerks 1 or 2?

Nope..
I have Clerks one on VHS, Laserdisc, and the 10th anniversary editon on DVD. I have Clerks 2 on DVD and they're two of my favorite films.

hahah i immediately thought it when i read the headline in the Movie news thread and was looking for the post regarding it so i could go on a venomous rant against remaking that movie. thankfully it's not THAT heat.

Nope..
I have Clerks one on VHS, Laserdisc, and the 10th anniversary editon on DVD. I have Clerks 2 on DVD and they're two of my favorite films.

Clerks is obviously better and more significant but Clerks II is underratedly funny in my opinion.

2191514-256-k372939.jpg

i saw "Heat remake" and my blood started boiling lol

Kevin Smith Started Writing CLERKS III at 4:20 this Morning

We can only hope he stopped at 4:25 the same morning.
Nicolas Cage Says He's Done Playing GHOST RIDER

GhostRiderSpiritofVengeance-1-1.jpg

He had as much a chance of starring in another Ghost Rider as he did the remake of Ishtar.

This would have been a great troll thread title. Sherdoggers would have started raging if they saw "Heat to be remade and starring Jason Statham" undoubtedly Mann's Heat would have popped into their mind.

This is exactly what I thought when I saw the threadline (headline + thread, get it?).
And my jimmies were rustling.

Nicolas Cage Says He's Done Playing GHOST RIDER

GhostRiderSpiritofVengeance-1-1.jpg

Speaking with MTV Splash Page, Nicolas Cage offers an update on a potential third outing as Marvel's Johnny Blaze/Ghost Rider. He starred in 2007's Ghost Rider and last year's Spirit Of Vengeance - both distributed by Sony and both critically panned. Despite being talks about a third film, Cage says that he likely won't be involved. "I think the ship has sailed on that one. At least with me involved."

He then expresses his thoughts on the "success" of the second movie. "Contrary to whatever the perception is, that was an enormously successful movie. We made it for, like, $47 or $48 million dollars, and it approached $200 million. I view that as a success. I think people need to know we did that on a shoestring budget. When you look at it that way you see the enormous talent of Mark Neveldine and Bryan Taylor, that they were able to accomplish that."

Cage then says that he believes that a third Ghost Rider movie will be made someday (he suggests using a female version), but his days of riding flaming motorcycles and swinging chains are over. "Personally, I'm done. I've done what I had to do with that part. You never say never, but right now, today, I would say that I'm done."

Nicolas Cage Done Playing GHOST RIDER; Says the SPIRIT OF VENGEANCE Was a Success

Just leave the character alone all together not easy to translate to the big screen without it being ridiculous even more so that other Superheroes

I'll only watch Horrible Bosses 2 if Jennifer Anniston repays men around the world for getting their hopes up about a topless scene in Wanderlust and bitching out because of that prune Theroux. Fuck that guy.

what in the god damn fucking hell.... why in the fuck are they remaking Heat????? Hollywood is pathetic

Liam Neeson and Giovanni Ribisi to Join Seth MacFarlane's Western Comedy

Liam-Neeson-Giovanni-Ribisi-Dragonlord.jpg

Get ready for a double-barrel shot of casting for Seth MacFarlane’s A Million Ways to Die in the West! Word has it that Liam Neeson (Taken) is in negotiations to play the film’s nefarious outlaw whose wife teaches a cowardly farmer the ways of gun-fighting in order for him to win back his lady love. Giovanni Ribisi (Gangster Squad) is also on board the comedy Western as the protag’s equally-spineless best friend. A Million Ways to Die in the West also stars Charlize Theron (Prometheus) and Amanda Seyfried (Les Miserables), making the principal cast just about set.

THR reports that Neeson is in negotiations to join A Million Ways to Die in the West as the film’s major antagonist. Written by MacFarlane and Alec Sulkin and Wellesley Wild (Ted, Family Guy), the picture centers on Albert (MacFarlane), a sheep farmer who chickens out of a duel and loses his girlfriend (Seyfried) as a result. In an effort to win her back, Albert makes the acquaintance of an outlaw’s wife (Theron) who teaches him how to duel. The plot thickens when Albert begins to fall for her and when the outlaw himself returns to reclaim his woman.

Deadline also reports that Ribisi has joined A Milliion Ways to Die in the West. The role, once reportedly offered to Jonah Hill (Django Unchained), is that of Edward, a simple cobbler whose girlfriend who won’t have sex with him, but works as prostitute for everyone else in town. Edward tries to get Albert back into the dating scene. MacFarlane will also direct the picture and plans to start shooting in May.

Liam Neeson and Giovanni Ribisi to Join Seth MacFarlane's Western Comedy

1. Producer Rob Tapert Reveals Plans for ARMY OF DARKNESS 2

Army-of-Darkness-0309-Dragonlord.jpg

Last night at the post-premiere Q&A for the South by SouthWest Film Festival premiere of Evil Dead, director Fede Alvarez revealed that they're already writing the sequel to the remake, which we're going to dub Evil Dead 2 until a better title comes along. But just last week, Sam Raimi revealed that he and his brother Ted are working on a screenplay for an Evil Dead 4, which would presumably follow the further adventures of Bruce Campbell's Ash Williams.

According to Raimi's Ghost House Pictures producing partner Rob Tapert, they were never talking about doing an Evil Dead 4 but actually doing a direct sequel to Army of Darkness.

"That would be 'Army of Darkness 2,'" Tapert corrected the earlier news story when ComingSoon talked to him at the movie junket. "Everybody calls it 'Evil Dead 4' but 'Army of Darkness' wasn't called 'Evil Dead' anywhere except by the fans."

"Sam threatens this every six months," Bruce Campbell says. "I've heard this a thousand times, because in the back of his mind, he never wants to let go, because he loved making these movies. We all loved making them together. They were a nightmare to make, very difficult, but they lasted the test of time, so he's not going to let that go, and I'm never going to say 'no.' It'll be me and a walker fighting some other old guy. But that's what he does and who knows? It may happen."

2. EVIL DEAD Premieres at SXSW; EVIL DEAD 2 Script Being Written

Evil-Dead-Red-Carpet-SXSW-Dragonlord.jpg

The gates of Hell were opened to a new generation of filmgoers in Austin on Friday, as South by Southwest hosted the world premiere of Evil Dead -- Sony's slick, shockingly graphic remake of Sam Raimi's 1981 no-budget horror masterpiece. And judging by the cheers, screams and assorted gagging sounds coming from the packed house at the Paramount Theatre, the effort was a worthwhile one.

"We're like proud uncles of this young man," said Bruce Campbell, star of the original and a producer on the remake, of director Fede Alverez. The 35-year-old Uruguayan was hand-selected by Raimi to resurrect his signature film on the strength of Alverez's 2009 short, Panic Attack!. "We're glad we got him because we won't be able to afford him much [longer]," Campbell added.

Raimi wasn't able to attend the screening, being otherwise preoccupied with the opening of a "tiny, little independent film" known as Oz the Great and Powerful, Alvarez joked.

During the late-night Q&A session, Alvarez revealed that he and co-writer Rodo Sayagues have already begun work on the script for Evil Dead 2, with Campbell later adding that the team envisions the films existing as another standalone trilogy.

"We were a little embarrassed seeing the green garden hose shooting s--t out," Campbell said of one particularly sloppy FX sequence from the 1981 version. "But are we going to go back like George Lucas and fix it? No." The line drew some of the loudest cheers of the night.

3. Bateman, Sudeikis and Day to Return for HORRIBLE BOSSES 2

Horrible-Bosses-02-Dragonlord.jpg

After more than half a year of negotiations, New Line has closed deals to reunite Jason Bateman, Charlie Day and Jason Sudeikis for a sequel to Horrible Bosses, the surprise hit comedy released in 2011. Jamie Foxx is also likely to return and is negotiations to reprise his role as murder consultant Motherf---er Jones for the pic, which will see Seth Gordon back in the director's chair.

The original movie saw Bateman, Day and Sudeikis as harried workers who, in Strangers on a Train meets Nine to Five fashion, try to off one another's bosses, with mixed results. Foxx mentored -- the term is used loosely -- the trio. John Francis Daley and Jonathan Goldstein, who worked on the first movie, penned the sequel.

Colin Farrell, Jennifer Aniston and Kevin Spacey played the horrible bosses. Farrell

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back