MNN (Brief Footage from Edgar Wright's THE WORLD'S END; Scarlett Johansson in LUCY)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bryan Cranston, Mads Mikkelsen, Rebel Wilson Join KUNG FU PANDA 3

bryan-cranston-mads-mikkelsen-rebel-wilson-kung-fu-panda-3-slice.jpg

The voice cast for DreamWorks Animation

First Trailer for Neill Blomkamp's ELYSIUM Starring Matt Damon

Elysium-1st-Image-Matt-Damon-Dragonlord.jpg

Sony Pictures has released the first trailer for Neill Blomkamp's highly-anticipated sci-fi thriller Elysium. The story takes place in 2159 where two classes of people are roughly divided: the wealthy live on a man-made space station called Elysium, while the rest of the humans inhabit an overpopulated and ruined Earth. Secretary Rhodes (Jodie Foster), a hard line government official, will stop at nothing to enforce anti-immigration laws and preserve the luxurious lifestyle of the citizens of Elysium. That doesn

Unless Pacific Rim tanks at the box office and Del Toro kills himself and then Dragon goes beserk

I think this is a scenario where Dragon may go Positive Balance up in here.

Fan-Made Poster for LUKE CAGE Starring Dwayne Johnson

Here's a cool fan-made poster of a fake Luke Cage movie starring Dwayne Johnson that managed to fool a few people during April Fools' Day. The poster is pretty good and I like the costume design which successfully captures the character's Thunderbolt outfit. But I wished they made Johnson a bit bigger.

Luke-Cage-Poster-Dwayne-Johnson.jpg

Nice. I can see it. What's even better is that the Rock is back on the juice. He is way more muscular now than in this pic.

I'm just gonna befriend more mod's to offset the odd's of friends being banned
It doesn't work like that. You just end up with more mods being banned.

IMO Mr. Eko could make an awesome T'Challa.

Give this guy the Luke Cage role.
Check out my Superhero Fantasy Casting Volume 4: Black Panther for my casting choices.

I think this is a scenario where Dragon may go Positive Balance up in here.
At least it will sound better.

"He's going to Dragon'd himself."

Disney Acquires Rights to Larry Brenner’s Pitch, LABYRINTH

labyrinth-slice1.jpg

Walt Disney Pictures has obtained the rights to Labyrinth after a pitch from 2011’s Black List writer Larry Brenner. According to Deadline, the action-adventure film, produced by Jim Whitaker (American Gangster), tells the story of a mythical princess’ journey to save her father by trekking through the dangerous and elaborate labyrinth. Sound familiar? That’s because the premise is very similar to Jim Henson’s 1986 film by the same name, although there’s no relation.

Brenner is a newly discovered screenwriter who go his start after being a finalist on Final Draft’s Big Break Screenwriting Contest in 2011. His screenplay for Bethlehem – a story about a group of survivors who makes a deal with a vampire in exchange for protection during a zombie apocalypse – landed him on The Black List that same year. Universal Pictures later acquired the rights to the project and it’s currently in development.

Walt Disney Pictures Acquires Rights to Larry Brenner’s Pitch, LABYRINTH

New Release Dates for I, FRANKENSTEIN, INSIDIOUS 2, AUSTENLAND

insidious-chapter-2-logo-slice.jpg

I, Frankenstein – Director Stuart Beattie’s graphic novel adaptation has been pushed back yet again from this coming September to the less-than-promising date of January 24th. The Aaron Eckhart-starrer will now open opposite the Arnold Schwarzenegger/Sam Worthington thriller Ten.

Insidious: Chapter 2 – The Patrick Wilson/Rose Byrne-fronted horror sequel will now open a week earlier on September 13th, opposite Machete Kills and Battle of the Year.

Austenland – Sony Pictures Classic has set Jerusha Hess’ Sundance comedy for a limited release in NY and LA on August 16th. The film stars Keri Russell and Jemaine Clement.

Walk of Shame – Director Steven Brill’s comedy, which stars Elizabeth Banks and James Marsden, has been slated for wide release on September 20th. The film will open opposite the Hugh Jackman/Jake Gyllenhaal thriller Prisoners and Ron Howard’s racing drama Rush.

Escape Plan - The Arnold Schwarzenegger/Sylvester Stallone thriller previously known as The Tomb has been moved up from September 27th to September 13th.

New Release Dates for I, FRANKENSTEIN, INSIDIOUS 2, AUSTENLAND and WALK OF SHAME

Twelve New Images for Michael Bay’s PAIN & GAIN

Paramount has released a bunch of new images for Pain & Gain. Director Michael Bay turned up the saturation for the sun-soaked Miami setting, and it looks great, especially with the bulked-up stars Mark Wahlberg, Dwayne Johnson, and Anthony Mackie holding the frame. They play “three personal trainers in 1990s Miami who, in pursuit of the American Dream, get caught up in a criminal enterprise that goes horribly wrong.” Ed Harris, Tony Shalhoub, Rob Corddry, Rebel Wilson and Bar Paly also star. Pain & Gain opens April 26. Click HERE to see the latest red-band trailer.

dwayne-johnson-anthony-mackie-mark-wahlberg-pain-and-gain-600x400.jpg

pain-and-gain-tony-shalhoub-mark-wahlberg-dwayne-johnson-600x400.jpg

pain-and-gain-dwayne-johnson1-600x400.jpg

pain-and-gain-rob-corddry-600x450.jpg

pain-and-gain-mark-wahlberg1-600x400.jpg

anthony-mackie-pain-and-gain-600x370.jpg

Jim Carrey to Star in Steve Oedekerk's Comedy RICKY STANICKY

Jim-Carrey-02-Dragonlord-1.jpg

Jim Carrey is set to breathe new life into Summit’s long-developing comedy Ricky Stanicky. The film was initially written by Jeff Bushell (Beverly Hills Chihuahua) and begins when three teens pull a prank by burning down a house in their neighborhood. The kids create a fake person to take the blame—“Ricky Stanicky”—and 20 years later are still using the alibi to get out of every uncomfortable situation. When their wives finally force them to set up a meeting with Stanicky, they hire an actor to inhabit the personality. Steve Oedekerk (Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls) recently came onboard to re-write and direct the film, and the ensemble comedy is said to be in the same R-rated vein as The Hangover.

James Franco was previously attached to play the Stanicky role in 2010 and Joaquin Phoenix subsequently circled the part, but now THR reports that Carrey has signed on to lead the pic. Michael De Luca and Smart Entertainment’s John Jacobs are producing, and filming on the pic is looking to begin this summer. Oedekirk has a long history with Carrey, as he served as a writer on the sketch comedy series In Living Color before penning films like Bruce Almighty and Patch Adams.

Jim Carrey to Star in Comedy RICKY STANICKY for Director Steve Oedekerk

Screenwriter Max Landis Gives an Update on CHRONICLE Sequel

Max-Landis-Dragonlord-1.jpg

Max Landis: “Chronicle 2 is in an interesting place right now. It’s moving along. There was this whole announcement that they wanted to just do the same thing again because my father said that. My father is not involved in Chronicle 2. He doesn’t know the process, it was not his place to say that. The truth is when you have a movie that was as successful as Chronicle was, it’s not as quick of a process. There are a lot more voices coming in and saying ‘This is what the sequel should be’ because there’s a bigger expectation and a bigger fear of failure. And that’s really what’s going on with Chronicle 2.”

“Josh [Trank] is directing Fantastic Four. I’m doing a hundred other movies. Chronicle 2 has become this question of ‘How do we all make a movie that we all respect?’. and that’s true to what Chronicle is. There’s no one at the studio who wants to make a bad movie. They all want to make a good movie just as much as I do. We’re not fighting.”

“The report came out that they didn’t like my script. They liked my script. It’s just a really dark script. The question is more of ‘How do we all compromise to get something we want?’. And that’s an incredibly slow process.”

Screenwriter Max Landis Gives an Update on CHRONICLE 2; Says It’s a “Really Dark Script”

Will Forte Gives an Update on MACGRUBER Sequel

slice_macgruber_movie_image_will_forte_01.jpg

MacGruber has had an interesting journey from an easily dismissed adaptation to box office flop to cult hit. It continues to rack up devotees who happily quote it and know what “KFBR392″ means. But despite these fans, MacGruber 2 looks highly unlikely. Last June, star and co-writer Will Forte said he didn’t think any sane person would fund it, but he added that they were definitely writing the script within the next six months. Forte recently provided an update while doing press for his upcoming drama, Run and Jump. Forte tells EW:

“We are going to make MacGruber 2 for sure. Whether we have to do it with a video camera in our backyards – there will be some form of MacGruber 2.”

“Jorma [Taccone], the MacGruber director, he had the idea to do a Kickstarter like two years ago. He kept saying ‘We should do a Kickstarter’ and we were like ‘Yeah, maybe at some point.’ He’s always ahead of the curve. That’s the lesson you learn — always listen to Jorma.”

Will Forte Says “There Will Be Some Form of MACGRUBER 2″

Georges St-Pierre Talks About Batroc Role for CAPTAIN AMERICA 2

Georges-St-Pierre-Batroc-Leaper-Dragonlord.jpg

Yesterday, Marvel Studios announced it has begun production on Captain America: The Winter Soldier. The press release gave us the first official image from the sequel as well as a short plot synopsis that revealed the Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson) will have a major role. It also confirmed that Georges St-Pierre is set to play a villain, Georges Batroc, a.k.a. Batroc the Leaper. In an interview with SportsNet, the UFC Welterweight Champion talks about his physical appearance for the role and how long he'll take part in filming (transcript via CBM):

“They asked me to let my hair grow to play a villain. I also let my [facial] hair grow; it took me a month to grow this. I don't know [how long the movie is filming], but I'll be in LA for a week. It's my first experience, so it'll be fun and I'm excited. For this kind of thing, I'm not nervous.”

Val Kilmer Becomes BATMAN Again for LIFE'S TOO SHORT

Val Kilmer made a guest appearance on the British TV series Life's Too Short alongside his Willow co-star Warwick Davis. In the following hilarious skit, the Batman Forever star wears the cape and cowl again in an attempt to surprise Davis' bemused secretary.

Val Kilmer Dons The BATMAN Cowl Again For LIFE'S TOO SHORT

Michael Jai White is too much of a direct to DVD actor, I can't see a big studio getting behind him to star in a big budget film.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back