MNN (Brief Footage from Edgar Wright's THE WORLD'S END; Scarlett Johansson in LUCY)

Status
Not open for further replies.
New THE PLACE BEYOND THE PINES Clip Shows Heist Plot

Place-Beyond-Pines-Gosling-0311-Dragonlord.jpg

2013 will be the year of Ben Mendelsohn. Although he's been working in film for decades now—everywhere from Terrence Malick's The New World to Baz Luhrmann's Australia, this is the first year America has really fallen in love with him. In the past few months, we've seen him as the drug-addicted small time crime partner to Scoot McNairy in Killing Them Softly, the uncommitted and absent father to Jessa on Girls, and in just a few weeks we'll be enjoying his performance as Ryan Gosling's partner in crime in Derek Cianfrance's The Place Beyond the Pines.

And in a new clip from the film, we get a taste of the casual relationship between the two as they plan out one of their bank robbing schemes. It's a lighter moment in Pines, filled with humor and lovability that builds to the catalyst the pushes the film forward. The film opens March 29th in New York and Los Angeles.

New Clip of Ryan Gosling Planning a Heist THE PLACE BEYOND THE PINES

Last edited:
Veronica Mars movie...I'm intrigued, but the kickstarter backer perks/rewards leave much to be desired. I might donate though, it'd be cool to say I did it. Over $140k so far.

Edit: I waited a few minutes before posting this, 170k now...

My wife is freaking out about this. She was a huge fan of the show and was crushed when it got cancelled. I watched last 2 seasons with her and enjoyed them. She's been watching the kick starter all morning. Last she checked it was around $800K. Should hit its minimum $2mil easy.

Last edited by a moderator:
First Red-Band Trailer for Jeff Wadlow's KICK-ASS 2

Kick-Ass-2-Colonel-Stars-0313-Dragonlord.jpg

Universal has released the first red-band trailer for director Jeff Wadlow‘s sequel Kick-Ass 2. After Kick-Ass’ (Aaron Taylor-Johnson) insane bravery inspires a new wave of self-made masked crusaders, led by the badass Colonel Stars and Stripes (Jim Carrey), our hero joins them on patrol. When these amateur superheroes are hunted down by Red Mist (Christopher Mintz-Plasse)—reborn as The Mother F%&*^r—only the blade-wielding Hit Girl (Chloe Grace Moretz) can prevent their annihilation. When we last saw junior assassin Hit Girl and young vigilante Kick-Ass, they were trying to live as normal teenagers Mindy and Dave. With graduation looming and uncertain what to do, Dave decides to start the world’s first superhero team with Mindy.

Unfortunately, when Mindy is busted for sneaking out as Hit Girl, she’s forced to retire—leaving her to navigate the terrifying world of high-school mean girls on her own. With no one left to turn to, Dave joins forces with Justice Forever, run by a born-again ex-mobster named Colonel Stars and Stripes. Just as they start to make a real difference on the streets, the world’s first super villain, The Mother F%&*^r, assembles his own evil league and puts a plan in motion to make Kick-Ass and Hit Girl pay for what they did to his dad. But there’s only one problem with his scheme: If you mess with one member of Justice Forever, you mess with them all.

The film stars Aaron Johnson, Chloe Moretz, Christopher Mintz-Plasse, Clark Duke, Donald Faison, John Leguizamo, Olga Kurkulina, and Jim Carrey. Kick-Ass 2 opens on August 16th.

If the Youtube video is taken down again, go to MTV to see the Kick-Ass 2 trailer.

Last edited:
I fear what would happen if you ever put your efforts into trolling instead of being the best source of movie information on the internet
My itsy bitsy trolling is mostly limited to creating threads with controversial movies like Scarface remake, Akira remake, Oldboy remake, etc. I don't really care about the subject matter, it's just amusing to watch people rage.

nice to see Felicity getting some work lately.

Yup. And to think cutting her hair off during that time almost cost her her career.

I'm a big fan of the show as well. The show's premise immediately appealed to me because it reminded me of a high school version and more fun version of Twin Peaks with a cross of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, which were two of my favorite shows back then. But VM's quality wasn't the same after they solved Amanda Seyfried's murder at the end of season one. Season two tried to recapture the formula with the bus accident arc but the was slightly notch below the first season.

Last edited:
BIOSHOCK Movie Is Dead Due to WATCHMEN's Box Office Failure

slice_bioshock_wallpaper_big_daddy_01.jpg

It was just a few years ago that word broke of Gore Verbinski's (Pirates of the Caribbean, Rango) plans to develop BioShock as a feature film. Unfortunately, budgetary concerns led to the project being cancelled and, today, Irrational Games' creative director Kevin Levine reveals that it was he himself that ultimately decided to "kill" the project.

"My theory is that Gore wanted to make a hard R film," Levine recalls, "...Then 'Watchmen' came out, and it didn't do well for whatever reason. The studio then got cold feet about making an R rated $200 million film, and they said what if it was a $80 million film - and Gore didn't want to make a $80 million film... They brought another director in, and I didn't really see the match there - and 2K's one of these companies that puts a lot of creative trust in people. So they said if you want to kill it, kill it. And I killed it."

ComingSoon.net spoke with Verbinski some time back about his plans and he himself lamented the budget woes.

"I couldn't really get past anybody that would spend the money that it would take to do it and keep an R rating," he said. "Alternately, I wasn't really interested in pursuing a PG-13 version. Because the R rating is inherent. Little Sisters and injections and the whole thing. I just wanted to really, really make it a movie where, four days later, you're still shivering and going, 'Jesus Christ!'... It's a movie that has to be really, really scary, but you also have to create a whole underwater world, so the pricetag is high. We just didn't have any takers on an R-rated movie with that pricetag."

Irrational Games' Ken Levine Explains Why He Called Off a BioShock Movie

THE HOBBIT: THE DESOLATION OF SMAUG Trailer Premiere Date

Hobbit-Desolation-of-Smaug-00-Dragonlord.jpg

As some of you may know, the first look at the footage from The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug will be included on the Blu-ray/DVD release of The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey out on March 19th. But here's some info on where and how you can watch the trailer. It will be revealed via a live-streaming event at thehobbit.com/sneak on March 24 at 3 p.m. ET/12 PT.

In order to get access to the live-stream you'll need an UltraViolet code that's only available through a purchase of copies of An Unexpected Journey. There's no word on when or if the trailer will be released at a later date for those that don't make the purchase. Also, you can submit questions for Peter Jackson to answer in a Q&A taking place directly after the trailer premiere through the film's facebook and vine pages.

THE HOBBIT: THE DESOLATION OF SMAUG Trailer to Premiere on March 24

BIOSHOCK Movie Is Dead Due to WATCHMEN's Box Office Failure

slice_bioshock_wallpaper_big_daddy_01.jpg

It was just a few years ago that word broke of Gore Verbinski's (Pirates of the Caribbean, Rango) plans to develop BioShock as a feature film. Unfortunately, budgetary concerns led to the project being cancelled and, today, Irrational Games' creative director Kevin Levine reveals that it was he himself that ultimately decided to "kill" the project.

"My theory is that Gore wanted to make a hard R film," Levine recalls, "...Then 'Watchmen' came out, and it didn't do well for whatever reason. The studio then got cold feet about making an R rated $200 million film, and they said what if it was a $80 million film - and Gore didn't want to make a $80 million film... They brought another director in, and I didn't really see the match there - and 2K's one of these companies that puts a lot of creative trust in people. So they said if you want to kill it, kill it. And I killed it."

ComingSoon.net spoke with Verbinski some time back about his plans and he himself lamented the budget woes.

"I couldn't really get past anybody that would spend the money that it would take to do it and keep an R rating," he said. "Alternately, I wasn't really interested in pursuing a PG-13 version. Because the R rating is inherent. Little Sisters and injections and the whole thing. I just wanted to really, really make it a movie where, four days later, you're still shivering and going, 'Jesus Christ!'... It's a movie that has to be really, really scary, but you also have to create a whole underwater world, so the pricetag is high. We just didn't have any takers on an R-rated movie with that pricetag."

Irrational Games' Ken Levine Explains Why He Called Off a BioShock Movie

That is a horrible shame, but I am immensely impressed that someone fought so hard for it.

Wife checked the Kickstarter and saw they made their goal of 2mil in like 12 hours.

They still have 30 days to make more money. They can't take the money until the end of the fundraising period.

Hopefully this is independent and this doesn't set a by precedence by allowing other big movie studios to do this. It would suck to see the day to see a $50 million movie get funded through kickstarter. Screw them if they still complain about piracy then.

My wife was reading about it and it sounds like all of the cast really wanted to make a movie by WB didn't see a market for it. The had a meeting prior to starting the Kickstarter and WB gave them the blessing for the rights if the Kickstarter was a success. They also mentioned additional money would expand the movie budget/marketing.

My wife was reading about it and it sounds like all of the cast really wanted to make a movie by WB didn't see a market for it. The had a meeting prior to starting the Kickstarter and WB gave them the blessing for the rights if the Kickstarter was a success. They also mentioned additional money would expand the movie budget/marketing.

Yeah. They have to pay that 20% Kickstarter fee of the total of whatever they make. Plus the shipping of the incentives that donors are going to receive.

I'm just worried about some big movie company like Summit Entertainment, in example, and they decide to do a Twlight remake and kickstartered it. The mindless drones of fans that franchise have would throw its money at it and people would still have to pay for the ticket to see the movie. I just don't like how that this might plant the idea that these greedy studios might be able to do that.

Yeah. They have to pay that 20% Kickstarter fee of the total of whatever they make. Plus the shipping of the incentives that donors are going to receive.

I'm just worried about some big movie company like Summit Entertainment, in example, and they decide to do a Twlight remake and kickstartered it. The mindless drones of fans that franchise have would throw its money at it and people would still have to pay for the ticket to see the movie. I just don't like how that this might plant the idea that these greedy studios might be able to do that.

I thought I remember reading about a big video game studio trying to pull off something like this. I remember a lot of fan backlash against it as well. Going to go back and look for the story now to see what happened.

I thought I remember reading about a big video game studio trying to pull off something like this. I remember a lot of fan backlash against it as well. Going to go back and look for the story now to see what happened.

Here's what you're looking for:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/doublefine/double-fine-adventure

People outside looking in are just being assholes about it. Everyone that backed it is going to get a copy of the game. There's no controversy at all as for I'm concerned.

They wanted to raise $400k initially and went above and beyond that. The controversy is what they are going to do with the rest of the money. They already released a couple of free mobile games and the rest is being put to the game they are developing.

Wow, that Veronica Mars thing gives me hope for a return of Firefly, or at least another movie that Nathan can do between seasons of Castle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back