MNN (First Trailer for TAKEN 3; CROUCHING TIGER 2 Images and Details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ridley Scott Says No Xenomorphs in PROMETHEUS Sequel

Ridley-Scott-Xenomorph-Prometheus-Dragonlord.jpg

While director Ridley Scott may be in the midst of pre-production on The Martian, starring Matt Damon, work on the second Prometheus movie is also well underway. “Right now, as we speak, it’s being written,” he says. “I’ve had 15 drafts evolving. I definitely want to do that again because I really enjoyed doing ‘Prometheus’. He is sanguine about the mixed reaction to the first prequel, about which many negative comments revolved around the lack of recognizable monsters from the original.

“The beast is done. Cooked,” he says simply. “I got lucky meeting Giger all those years ago. It’s very hard to repeat that. I just happen to be the one who forced it through because they said it’s obscene. They didn’t want to do it and I said, ‘I want to do it, it’s fantastic’. But after four [he has conveniently forgotten the ‘AvP’ movies], I think it wears out a little bit. There’s only so much snarling you can do. I think you’ve got to come back with something more interesting. And I think we’ve found the next step. I thought the Engineers were quite a good start.”

So what can audiences expect to happen? “You’ll probably have to go with [Noomi Rapace’s Elizabeth Shaw] and [Michael Fassbender’s android David] – without his head. Find out how he gets his head back on!”

Director Ridley Scott Provides an Update on BLADE RUNNER 2 and PROMETHEUS 2

Sorry Ridley, the biggest problems with Prometheus wasn't a lack of classic xenomorph, it was the shitty script and retarded characters. The fact that you've had 15 drafts already and still aren't done sounds to me like we're in for more of the same: pretty to look at but utterly brain dead.

Patrick Wilson, Matthew Fox Join Western BONE TOMAHAWK

Patrick-Wilson-Matthew-Fox-Tomahawk-Dragonlord.jpg

Patrick Wilson and Matthew Fox have signed on to star opposite Kurt Russell and Richard Jenkins in Caliber Media's ultraviolent Western Bone Tomahawk. S. Craig Zahler, whose Black List script The Brigands of Rattleborge helped him land a three-picture deal at Warner Bros., is directing from a screenplay he wrote (Zahler also is the drummer, singer, lyricist and co-songwriter for the metal band Realmbuilder).

Bone Tomahawk revolves around four men attempting to rescue a group of captives from a band of cannibalistic troglodytes that live beyond the edge of civilization. Wilson will play Arthur O'Dwyer, a cowboy whose rise to the foreman position of a cattle outfit is interrupted by an unfortunate accident that reshapes his life in unforeseen ways. Fox will play John Brooder, whose dark inclinations have put him and his polished weapons at the very edge of the western frontier.

Zahler is best known as an author and screenwriter. His crime novel Mean Business on North Ganson Street will be published next week by St. Martin's Press and is already being adapted at Warner Bros. with Leonardo DiCaprio attached to star and produce.

Patrick Wilson and Matthew Fox to Star in Ultraviolent Western Film 'Bone Tomahawk'

Comments: Finally! After 2 years, we finally have some movement on Bone Tomahawk. It's a shame Timothy Olyphant is no longer involved in the film with Matthew Fox replacing him as the eloquent sharpshooter with a dark impulse. Fox can pull it off after seeing him play the crazed professional assassin in Alex Cross.

Natalie Dormer to Star in 'Zombie' Thriller PATIENT ZERO

Natalie-Dormer-092514b-Dragonlord.jpg

Natalie Dormer has been set to star in Patient Zero, the Screen Gems action thriller that Stefan Ruzowitzky will direct from a script written by Mike Le. Vincent Newman is producing. Dormer has been building feature credits that include The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Parts 1 & 2, Rush and Captain America: The First Avenger. She is best known for playing Margaery Tyrell, whose short reign as queen on HBO’s Game Of Thrones was interrupted when the tyrant king Joffrey was poisoned during their wedding reception.

Patient Zero focuses on an unprecedented global pandemic that causes the evolution of a new species. An aggressive form of rabies turns the infected into predators, addicted to violence. An inexplicably gifted human survivor with the ability to speak the new mutant language leads a hunt for Patient Zero and hope for a cure.

‘Game Of Thrones’ Actress Natalie Dormer To Star In ‘Patient Zero’ For Screen Gems

Running Time for INTERSTELLAR is 2 Hours and 49 Minutes

Interstellar-Set-Nolan-McConaughey-092414-Dragonlord.jpg

Well, no one every accused director Christopher Nolan of making short movies. According to the Event Cinemas website, the official running time for Nolan's Interstellar is 169 minutes. In comparison, The Dark Knight Rises had a 165 minute running time and Inception had a 148 minute running time. Going back through all the movies that Nolan has directed, Interstellar will actually be his longest movie yet. Of course, if the film is as good as early feedback suggests it is, fans will probably leave wanting more.

The film revolves around a group of explorers who make use of a newly discovered wormhole to surpass the limitations on human space travel and conquer the vast distances involved in an interstellar voyage.

The film stars Matthew McConaughey, Anne Hathaway, Jessica Chastain, Casey Affleck, Michael Caine, David Oyelowo, Wes Bentley, John Lithgow, Ellen Burstyn, Topher Grace, David Gyasi, Mackenzie Foy, Bill Irwin, Timoth

Trailer for Michael Mann's BLACKHAT Starring Chris Hemsworth

29m51ly.jpg

Legendary and Universal have released the first trailer for Michael Mann

New BIG HERO 6 Trailer Is All about the Big, Cuddly Baymax

rk7ne9.jpg

Disney has released a new trailer for Big Hero 6, and the focus continues to be on how Baymax (voiced by Scott Adsit) is adorable. We do get a bit more of the plot in this trailer, which shows that Baymax was created by Hiro Hamada

Listen to Trent Reznor, Atticus Ross' Full Score for GONE GIRL

Gone-Girl-Rosamund-Pike-092514-Dragonlord.jpg

As the release of the highly anticipated movie version of Gone Girl draws closer, those eagerly awaiting the film have a new way to feed their addiction for all things Nick and Amy. You can now stream the entire Gone Girl soundtrack, composed by director David Fincher's frequent collaborators Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross, on NPR's website. [Click HERE to listen to the soundtrack.]

FIncher previously told The Wall Street Journal that the inspiration for the ominous score was the relaxing music he heard while getting his back adjusted at a spa. "I was listening to that calming, placating music and thought, 'We need to tap into this.' The movie is about the facade of the good neighbor, the good Christian, the good wife," he says. "So the notion was to start with music that's attempting to give you a hug."

Reznor remembers the initial conversation consisting of some creepier motifs: "He said, 'Think about the really terrible music you hear in massage parlors'…The way that it artificially tries to make you feel like everything's OK. And then imagine that sound starting to curdle and unravel." Still, the score features lilting, piano-driven melodies that often evolve into more haunting sounds, featuring more electronic elements.

Listen to Trent Reznor, Atticus Ross' Full Soundtrack for David Fincher's GONE GIRL

Read yesterday that Natalie Dormer has been cast in Patient Zero. Was super pumped since I love the Patient Zero book and last I read the author Johnathan Maberry had it optioned for a TV series. Then I read the synapsis and really hoping that it only shares the same name and not based off of the book. They both had infected but everything else sounds completely different.

Y: THE LAST MAN Movie is Dead; Rights Revert Back to Creators

Y-The-Last-Man-092514-Dragonlord.jpg

The Y The Last Man movie adaptation is officially dead, once again. Almost-director Dan Trachtenberg was asked about the project on Twitter and said the following:

im sure i'm in the minority, but i think this looks really bad. a hulking genius computer hacker with a model face and combat skills comes out of prison after 15 years to stop a more geniusier evil genius computer hacker? is it a parody? i guess this is what happens when an old guy tries to adapt his vision of what cool was decades ago to something contemporary.

I wasn't impressed with the Blackhat trailer also.

Action-Packed Trailer for Wachowskis' JUPITER ASCENDING

Jupiter-Ascending-Poster-092514-Dragonlord.jpg

When 2014 began, many thought Jupiter Ascending would be one of the coolest films of the year. Fans eagerly anticipated its summer release date. As that date drew closer and closer, however, it was pretty obvious something was happening. Warner Bros. bumped the sci-fi film by Andy and Lana Wachowski to February of 2015. Was this a cry for help or just a delay for something awesome? It's still unknown. But a new Jupiter Ascending trailer might offer a clue. It

THE IMITATION GAME Posters Starring Benedict Cumberbatch

The Imitation Game is directed by Norwegian filmmaker Morten Tyldum (Headhunters) and written by Graham Moore, making his feature writing debut. Benedict Cumberbatch plays Alan Turing, the genius British mathematician, logician, cryptologist and computer scientist who led the charge to crack the German Enigma Code that helped the Allies win WWII. Turing went on to assist with the development of computers at the University of Manchester after the war, but was prosecuted by the UK government in 1952 for homosexual acts which the country deemed illegal. Keira Knightly, Matthew Goode and Mark Strong also star in the film which The Weinstein Company will release just before Thanksgiving on November 21st. Click HERE to see the latest trailer.

imitationgame-ukposter-full.jpg

85342.jpg

First Posters for THE IMITATION GAME Starring Benedict Cumberbatch

FIncher previously told The Wall Street Journal that the inspiration for the ominous score was the relaxing music he heard while getting his back adjusted at a spa. "I was listening to that calming, placating music and thought, 'We need to tap into this.' The movie is about the facade of the good neighbor, the good Christian, the good wife," he says. "So the notion was to start with music that's attempting to give you a hug."

Reznor remembers the initial conversation consisting of some creepier motifs: "He said, 'Think about the really terrible music you hear in massage parlors'

He goes back to nin for the money. I remember when he retired and sold everything on eBay only to come back like 2 years later

im sure i'm in the minority, but i think this looks really bad. a hulking genius computer hacker with a model face and combat skills comes out of prison after 15 years to stop a more geniusier evil genius computer hacker? is it a parody? i guess this is what happens when an old guy tries to adapt his vision of what cool was decades ago to something contemporary.

Honestly, I kind of agree. It almost seems like the film doesn't know what it wants to be. Is it a technological thriller or a traditional action movie?

When I heard the title, I immediately knew it was about hacking and thought that could be cool. After all, I think the subject is worthy of good movies, but we simply have far too few of them. This doesn't appear to be the movie to change that, unfortunately.

For now, the King of the Hacker Movies is still:

[

Origin Details on THE FANTASTIC FOUR; Sue Storm Is Adopted

Fantastic-Four-Future-Foundation-Dragonlord.jpg

Schmoes Know has got their hands on some new interesting plot details for the Fantastic Four reboot from a very reliable source. There’s been some concern among fans about the status of the Storm family in the films following the casting of Michael B. Jordan, an African American, as Johnny Storm and Kate Mara, a white actress, as his sister, Susan. The site reports that it is actually Mara’s Sue Storm who is adopted in the film, with her and Michael B. Jordan’s parents being African American.

The site also hears that instead of the group gaining their powers from a failed scientific mission in outer space like in the original comics and existing films, this time the group’s origin story will be much more like their Ultimate versions. In the film, the team will gain their powers through a lab experiment gone wrong in a way, where they create a portal to another world or dimension (its not clear) and they get their powers after the exposure to this other dimension/planet. Much like how the group gets their powers in the Ultimate Fantastic Four comics, after they are engulfed in a failed teleporter experiment.

The other small tidbit of news that Schmoes Know have is that the film is going to be VERY character-driven. This first installment is much more focused on setting up the characters and their relationships with each other and their nemesis Victor von Doom (Toby Kebbell) than it is about making things blow up in big action set pieces.

Fantastic Four Reboot Will Have Different Origin, Sue Storm Will Be Adopted

Comments: The news that this movie will be very character-driven doesn't surprise me in light of the fact that there are barely any set photos available while they were shooting a few months back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back