MNN (Seth Rogen, James Franco to Assassinate Kim Jong-un in THE INTERVIEW Trailer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kevin Spacey to Play Winston Churchill in CAPTAIN OF THE GATE

Kevin-Spacey-Image-032614-Dragonlord.jpg

Perhaps Kevin Spacey has been bitten by the political bug. The actor, who plays dastardly politician Francis Underwood in Netflix's House of Cards, is set to tackle Winston Churchill. Spacey is attached to star in Captain of the Gate, a film that Sierra/Affinity is producing and fully financing for around $20 million. StudioCanal, which recently produced the airline thriller Non-Stop, is in early talks to come on board as a producer.

Churchill was U.K. prime minister from 1940-45 and again from 1951-55 and is widely regarded as one of the greatest wartime leaders of the 20th century. The film chronicles his rise to power as he stood against parliament to defend Britain and the world from Adolf Hitler's Third Reich.

Ben Kaplan, who previously tackled the late President Ronald Reagan for a History Channel film, wrote the screenplay. He also has penned episodes for the documentary TV series Vietnam in HD and WWII in HD. Sierra/Affinity is currently looking for a director.

Kevin Spacey to Play Prime Minister Winston Churchill in CAPTAIN OF THE GATE

Meryl Streep to Star in Jonathan Demme/Diablo Cody Project

Meryl-Streep-Image-600x200-Dragonlord.jpg

Hollywood is salivating over a red-hot package making the rounds that has Jonathan Demme attached to direct a Diablo Cody script, with none other than Meryl Streep attached to star, an individual familiar with the project told TheWrap. In Ricky and the Flash, Streep would play a woman who abandoned her family when she was younger to find fame and fortune as a rock star. Decades later, she decides to be a mother again to her estranged children, one of whom is going through a rough divorce.

The prestige package is being shopped to studios and high-level production companies with access to financing. Universal and Fox 2000 are among the studios that have expressed interest in the project, according to one insider. Demme and Cody won Oscars for The Silence of the Lambs and Juno, respectively, while Streep has three Academy Awards on her mantle. Demme previously worked with the acclaimed actress on the Manchurian Candidate remake.

Meryl Streep to Star in Jonathan Demme's 'Ricky and the Flash', Penned by Diablo Cody

2nd Trailer for the Wachowskis' JUPITER ASCENDING Released

Jupiter-Ascending-Channing-Tatum-022714-Dragonlord.jpg

Warner Bros. and Village Roadshow Pictures have released a fantastic new trailer for The Matrix Trilogy and Cloud Atlas writers/directors Lana and Andy Wachowski’s original sci-fi adventure Jupiter Ascending. The story follows Jupiter Jones (Mila Kunis), a recent Russian immigrant who scrubs toilets for a living, but then discovers she has the genetic signature that makes her next in line to be Queen of the Universe. Channing Tatum plays an ex-military half-werewolf half-albino hunter tasked with tracking her down.

One thing is abundantly clear from this new trailer: the scope of Jupiter Ascending is positively epic. The Wachowski siblings appear to have gone all-out with this sci-fi pic, and the result is an ambitious, colorful, and massive world that looks like a whole lot of fun. Eddie Redmayne feels almost Shakespearean as the villain, and it's incredibly impressed by just how big and other-worldly this thing is. The film also stars Sean Bean, Douglas Booth, Tuppence Middleton, James D’Arcy, Tim Pigott-Smith, and Doona Bae. Jupiter Ascending opens in 2D, 3D, and IMAX 3D on July 18th.

2nd Trailer for the Wachowskis' JUPITER ASCENDING

Extended Deleted Scene and New Clips from THE RAID 2

The-Raid-2-Gang-War-032614-Dragonlord.jpg

An extended deleted scene from The Raid 2 has been released online. The film picks up directly after the events of the first pic, as rookie cop Rama (Iko Uwais) must go undercover in the criminal underworld to protect his wife and infant son after his raid of a gangster-ridden high-rise attracted the attention of some very bad, powerful people. The details don’t really matter since it’s an action showcase that doesn’t show any of the main characters. Instead, it’s yet another example of director Gareth Evans‘ skill at directing action, and the movie’s extreme violence.

If you’ve ever wanted to see the thrill of a car chase sequence combined with hard-hitting martial arts hand-to-hand combat, today is your lucky day. Sony Pictures Classics has released a new clip from director The Raid 2, and it highlights a scene in which star Iko Uwais lays the smack down inside a car while the car itself squares off against other cars on the road. The scene is emblematic of The Raid 2 as a whole, as critical response has praised Evans for upping the ante with inventive and hardcore action sequences. The film also stars Arifin Putra, Tio Pakusadewo, Oka Antara, Julie Estelle, Ryuhei Matsuda, Kenichi Endo, and Kazuki Kitamura. The Raid 2 opens in theaters on March 28th.

New Clips and Extended NSFW Deleted Scene from THE RAID 2

I like The Rock...but Hercules just looks like another run of the mill films we've seen a thousand times.

First Teaser Trailer for Disaster Thriller INTO THE STORM

51d3jk.jpg

New Line Cinema and Village Roadshow have released a trailer teaser for Into the Storm. The found-footage movie takes place in a small town that

Possible COMMUNITY Movie in the Works; Justin Lin Could Direct

Community-Cast-Season-Five-Dragonlord.jpg

According to TV Guide's insiders, at least one director has already been considered to helm the inevitable Community feature: Justin Lin, who directed the last four movies in the Fast & Furious franchise. Lin has also directed several episodes of Community. Of course, if Lin ultimately can't do it, several other feature directors have also sat behind the camera for Community, including Joe Russo and Anthony Russo (Captain America: The Winter Soldier). The Russos spent the first several seasons on Community as executive producers, and Joe Russo most recently directed last week's "Advanced Advanced Dungeons & Dragons" episode. Jay Chandrasekhar (Super Troopers) has also directed several episodes.

Why all the talk about a Community movie? NBC and Sony insiders say they're optimistic that a final, 13-episode season is in the cards for Community, especially given the network's inability this season to successfully launch any new comedies on Thursday night. NBC's Universal TV also co-produces Community, which has helped justify past renewals. But even if NBC were to cancel Community, lead studio Sony Pictures TV would likely aggressively shop the final season elsewhere, to outlets such as Hulu (which already has the show's digital rights).

That would make the "six seasons" portion of Community's inadvertent prophecy come true. And as creator Dan Harmon marvels at the real possibility of a sixth Community season, he has become increasingly vocal in expressing a desire to make the other half of the "Six Seasons and a Movie" joke come true as well.

COMMUNITY Season 6 Renewal Looking More Likely; Justin Lin Could Direct Movie

New Trailer for RIO 2 Features Jermaine Clement's "I Will Survive"

Rio-2-Wallpaper-Nigel-Dragonlord.jpg

While this winter has left many of us in the states feeling frozen, a new trailer for 20th Century Fox and Blue Sky Studios

So happy to hear about a second Tucker and Dale movie. I hope it can maintain its comedic value and grow in to a series.

First Official Trailer from TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES

2ujsbic.jpg

The first official trailer from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles has landed online. Not gonna lie, this looks way better than I was expecting. The action looks fantastic and premise feels "superheroic." Directed by Jonathan Liebesman (Wrath of the Titans), the film stars Alan Ritchson, Pete Ploszek, Jeremy Howard, and Noel Fisher as the mo-cap turtles. William Fichtner, Whoopi Goldberg and Danny Woodburn co-star in the Michael Bay production. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles opens August 8th.

Synopsis: The city needs heroes. Darkness has settled over New York City as Shredder and his evil Foot Clan have an iron grip on everything from the police to the politicians. The future is grim until four unlikely outcast brothers rise from the sewers and discover their destiny as Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. The Turtles must work with fearless reporter April and her wise-cracking cameraman Vern Fenwick to save the city and unravel Shredder’s diabolical plan.

Last edited:
TUCKER & DALE VS. EVIL Sequel Officially Announced

LOVED Tucker & Dale and recommend it to everyone who hasn't seen it yet. I really hope they can pull of the sequel but I have doubts. The first one was so out of right field I don't know if they could successfully pull that off again. Fingers crossed though.

First Official Trailer from TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES

2ujsbic.jpg

The first official trailer from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles has landed online. Not gonna lie, this looks way better than I was expecting. The action looks fantastic and premise feels "superheroic." Directed by Jonathan Liebesman (Wrath of the Titans), the film stars Alan Ritchson, Pete Ploszek, Jeremy Howard, and Noel Fisher as the mo-cap turtles. William Fichtner, Whoopi Goldberg and Danny Woodburn co-star in the Michael Bay production. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles opens August 8th.

Synopsis: The city needs heroes. Darkness has settled over New York City as Shredder and his evil Foot Clan have an iron grip on everything from the police to the politicians. The future is grim until four unlikely outcast brothers rise from the sewers and discover their destiny as Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. The Turtles must work with fearless reporter April and her wise-cracking cameraman Vern Fenwick to save the city and unravel Shredder

More Behind-the-Scenes Images from DAWN OF THE PLANET OF THE APES

New set photos from Dawn of the Planet of the Apes have been released from Empire Online. A growing nation of genetically evolved apes led by Caesar is threatened by a band of human survivors of the devastating virus unleashed a decade earlier. They reach a fragile peace, but it proves short-lived, as both sides are brought to the brink of a war that will determine who will emerge as Earth

Full Trailer for INTO THE STORM Starring Richard Armitage

f4k7me.jpg

The teaser trailer for the tornadic thriller Into the Storm dropped yesterday, and now the first full trailer for the picture is available. New Line Cinema and Village Roadshow bring this contemporary look at the dangerous business of storm chasers and the powerful force of mother nature to screens later this summer. Much like yesterday

Just saw zoe kravitz and January jones filming "good kill" in downtown Albuquerque.

Dale and Tucker sequel could be good. I really liked the first, even though I think they missed a chance to make an A+, and made a B/B+.

I would have had the audience see more through the college kids perspective for the first 1/3 of the movie, then do a back-track and see it from Dale and Tuckers perspective to see how stupid and funny it all was. They had the right idea, and they nailed some funny parts, but they just didn't get the most out of the great idea/material they had. IMO.

Will the sequel be a different genre of movie? Will they be confused for domestic terrorist or something? I personally would have wrote a "Deliverance" spoof for the sequel.. Just interested to see wth they could possibly do.

Jake Johnson Confirms Joining the Cast of JURASSIC WORLD

Jake-Johnson-Jurassic-World-032614-Dragonlord.jpg

The list of actors who were initially connected to Jurassic World has slowly been checked off with confirmations, one by one. Jake Johnson (New Girl, Drinking Buddies) is the latest actor to be confirmed for the Colin Trevorrow film, which will begin shooting very soon, after a screenwriting delay. The info comes from a Huffington Post interview in which Johnson was asked about taking the Jurassic gig thanks to his previous work with Trevorrow on Safety not Guaranteed. Indeed, that was the route Johnson took to the job. The actor said:

"Absolutely. Now, I’m also a huge fan of Jurassic Park. When I was growing up and Jurassic Park came out, I freaked out like every other kid. I was born in ’78, so I was, like, 12. If it wasn’t Colin and someone said they wanted me in Jurassic Park, I would jump on it. The fact that it’s Colin, written by Derek Connolly (who wrote Safety Not Guaranteed) and both those guys are personal friends, I’d go through a wall."

The Jurassic World cast also features Chris Pratt as “a rugged, ex-military man named Owen,” Bryce Dallas Howard, BD Wong reprising the role of Dr. Henry Wu from the original film, Vincent D’Onofrio, Irrfan Khan, Ty Simpkins, Nick Robinson, and Omar Sy. Jurassic World is scheduled for release on June 12, 2015.

NEW GIRL Actor Jake Johnson Confirms Joining Colin Trevorrow's JURASSIC WORLD

First Trailer for WORDS AND PICTURES Staring Clive Owen

v74f1v.jpg

The first trailer for director Fred Schepisi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back