MNN (Trailer for Shark Thriller 47 Meters Down; Joe Johnston to Direct Narnia: The Silver Chair)

No Sly....No Expendables......Point.....Blank.....Period.

First Trailer for ANNABELLE: CREATION Tells a Creepy Origin Story

Several years after the tragic death of their little girl, a dollmaker and his wife welcome a nun and several girls from a shuttered orphanage into their home, soon becoming the target of the dollmaker’s possessed creation, Annabelle. Directed by David F. Sandberg (Lights Out), the film opens August 11, 2017.

I struggle to think of ways the Expendables could get worse. I know there are much worse movies, but the entire franchise is based on the fact that there are millions of '80s-era action fans who literally care nothing about plot or characters.

Sony Reportedly Developing VENOM as R-Rated Start to Their Own Marvel Universe

Venom-Marvel-032717-Dragonlord.jpeg

Earlier in March, Sony Pictures gave Venom a release date, and now rumors suggest that the film will be the start of something potentially much bigger.

According to a new rumor coming out from Collider, Venom is being developed with the intent of the film earning an R-rating and for the film to launch a new shared Marvel Universe separate from the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Sony’s Marvel Universe will not be connected to the MCU in any way and the planned Venom and Black Cat and Silver Sable films are all part of Sony’s own shared universe, not spin-offs of any existing films. Marvel’s Kevin Feige has nothing to do with these films; it’s Tom Rothman, chairman of Sony Pictures Entertainment’s Motion Picture Group, who’s calling the shots.

Collider's report makes it clear that the announcement of Venom‘s release date indicates that the execs are happy with the script and the new direction they’re embarking on, but with no director set for either film, obviously things can still change since all of the announced films are still in development.

According to industry casting website MyEntertainmentWorld, Venom will enter production in the fall of 2017, about one year before its release.

Another interesting tidbit from the listing is that the Venom movie is listed as an "Action/Horror/Sci-Fi" movie, an interesting mix for a superhero movie.

Sony Developing ‘Venom’ as R-Rated Start to Their Own Marvel Universe; Production Start Date Revealed
dOES sONY OWN ENOUGH CHARACTERS TO START THEIR OWN UNIVERSE?

Final Trailer for Guy Ritchie's KING ARTHUR: LEGEND OF THE SWORD

dOES sONY OWN ENOUGH CHARACTERS TO START THEIR OWN UNIVERSE?
I think so, Spider-Man has one of the most deepest collection of supporting characters and villains in comic history. It's just a matter of how Sony executes it.

I think so, Spider-Man has one of the most deepest collection of supporting characters and villains in comic history. It's just a matter of how Sony executes it.
I don't know, marvel had to bring in others and their spin offs as well, i don't know if the marvel verse would have been good if it was just ironman and his villans, etc.

I guess we will see

2nd Trailer for THE MUMMY Reveals the Villain's Origin Story

I'm wondering how Kingpin fits in...he started as a Spidey villain if i remember correctly and then moved more towards DD

Sylvester Stallone Exits THE EXPENDABLES Franchise

In a crushing blow to fans of The Expendables, Sylvester Stallone has washed his hands of the franchise. He has withdrawn from taking part in the fourth installment, even though, sources said, it would have meant the biggest upfront payday in his career at north of $20 million.

The reason? He and Nu Image/Millennium chief Avi Lerner could not find common ground on a new director, on the script and on certain qualitative elements of the film. That went right down to the selection of the CGI house to handle visual effects. The franchise has used Lerner’s own VFX house, Nu Boyana in Bulgaria.

Sources said that Stallone — who set a high bar for himself reprising Rocky Balboa with Michael B Jordan and director Ryan Coogler in Creed — was concerned about potentially underwhelming results of another franchise with which he is indelibly linked. Stallone wrote the first script with Dave Callaham, co-wrote all the sequels, and directed the first film. But knowledgeable sources said that Expendables team leader Barney Ross has led his last mission.

One who knows the dynamic of the long Stallone-Lerner relationship suggested they often disagree and eventually work it out over a couple of cigars, but it doesn’t sound like that’s going to happen this time. Lerner acknowledged the differences he has had with Stallone, but wasn’t willing to concede a divorce just yet.

“We’ve got disagreements with Sly, but we’ve had them for over a year and a half,” he told Deadline. “Right now, each one has an opinion. We agreed on 95% of things, but there are certain things in production we don’t agree on. I don’t think it’s over, but write whatever you want. In my opinion, it’s not dead.”

Stallone has no shortage of films he can do, and he’s looking to team on something with Jackie Chan, Deadline hears.

http://deadline.com/2017/03/sylvester-stallone-departs-the-expendables-franchise-1202057171/

That's weird. I kind of assumed Stallone owned the IP for the franchise.

Also, I wonder if this is just some strategic maneuvering on Stallone's part to get what he wants. Say something about quitting in the media, get people talking, twist Lerner's arm a little. . .

Stallone + Jackie Chan sounds interesting.

Armie Hammer Joins Alicia Vikander in Battling Monsters in FREAKSHIFT

Armie-Hammer-040317-Dragonlord.png

Armie Hammer will star with Alicia Vikander in the Ben Wheatley-directed Freakshift, the action thriller about a band of misfit cops who hunt down and kill nocturnal underground monsters.

Vikander is the lead female protagonist and Hammer plays her love interest, with production gearing up for August. This marks a quick re-team with Wheatley, who wrote the script with Amy Jump.

Hammer co-stars in his new film, Free Fire, the Brie Larson-starrer that bows in the U.S. on April 21 through A24. Sam Riley, Sharlto Copley, Armie Hammer, Cillian Murphy and Jack Reynor also star.

Hammer’s on a good run. He’s coming off Nocturnal Animals, and aside from Free Fire, he voices Jackson Storm in Cars 3 for Disney. He received strong festival notices for Call Me By Your Name. He was also at the Berlin Film Festival with the Stanley Tucci-directed Final Portrait, starring opposite Geoffrey Rush. He just wrapped Hotel Mumbai, the Anthony Maras-directed drama that stars Dev Patel.

Armie Hammer Joins Alicia Vikander in Battling Nocturnal Underground Monsters in Ben Wheatley's 'Freakshift'

Ridley Scott to Direct BATTLE OF BRITAIN Project; Matthew Orton Writing Script

Ridley-Scott-040317a-Dragonlord.png

Ridley Scott may be currently gearing up for his Getty kidnapping drama, but he’s also got his eye on another historical pic that he’s keen to add to his list of credits. The Brit director is planning to helm a project for 20th Century Fox based on the epic Battle of Britain, one of the most decisive battles in World War II history that saw the British underdogs overcome Nazi titans.

Up-and-coming UK writer Matthew Orton, who recently wrote the WWII historical drama Operation Finale (previously known as Eichmann) which will star Oscar Isaac, will write the script. Matt Charman, who wrote Bridge of Spies for Steven Spielberg, will exec produce the film.

Sources tell Deadline that Battle of Britain is in very early stages, but this is a passion project for Scott, who’s been keen to make a film version of what is known as “Britain’s finest hour” for some time. Fox bought the project as a pitch last year, and Scott Free will produce with Safehouse’s Joby Harold and Tory Tunnell. Steve Asbell will oversee the project for Fox.

It will be the first time someone has tackled the weighty subject matter of the epic military campaign — considered the first major battle fought entirely by air forces — since Guy Hamilton’s 1969 film Battle Of Britain. In the summer of 1940, after Adolf Hitler swept through France and drove the British army out of mainland Europe, the British public readied themselves for a Nazi invasion. A large part of Hitler’s early-war momentum was driven by his powerful air force, the Luftwaffe, and in late June 1940 (after the Dunkirk evacuation), Germany began to prepare for a battle with Britain’s Royal Air Force. Around 3,000 RAF men fought the mighty Luftwaffe in the battle, which lasted 112 days, and by October, the RAF emerged victorious. It became the first major defeat for Germany in WWII and is seen as one of a few major turning points of the war for the allied forces.

Ridley Scott To Direct Battle Of Britain Project For Fox; Matthew Orton Writing Script

First Trailer for ANNABELLE: CREATION Tells a Creepy Origin Story

Several years after the tragic death of their little girl, a dollmaker and his wife welcome a nun and several girls from a shuttered orphanage into their home, soon becoming the target of the dollmaker’s possessed creation, Annabelle. Directed by David F. Sandberg (Lights Out), the film opens August 11, 2017.

This looks good - my young niece loves horror movies for some reason...lol. This movie will be a must.

I think it's a dumb move for Sony to start their own universe instead of leasing the characters back to Marvel, who knows what to do with them.

First Trailer for INGRID GOES WEST Starring Aubrey Plaza

Back