Media Mokaev's tweet didn't goes as planned...

I don't understand why he's so disliked... Other than the obvious reasons of him being Dagestani/Muslim/wrestle-heavy...
I personally with he wouldn't tweet so much, I too would be annoyed if Erceg got a title shot over me.
Each to their own, I guess.
<Fedor23>
He's a good guy but his "hug at all cost" style is dreadful to watch.

He's a good guy but his "hug at all cost" style is dreadful to watch.
Evloev has the same style and gets nowhere near as much hate though.

They are extremely similar. Wrestle, wrestle, wrestle some more. Get caught in a tight sub, don't tap, escape, go back to wrestling.

Brazil only cares if they are winning like in all things
Nah, Pantoja is champion and is winning but he has far fewer fans than Charles Oliveira who is not champion and is losing. even Costa has more fans and he hasn't won a relevant fight in 6 years.

Nah, Pantoja is champion and is winning but he has far fewer fans than Charles Oliveira who is not champion and is losing. even Costa has more fans and he hasn't won a relevant fight in 6 years.
Oliveria has almost 30 fights in the UFC and it took him a very long time to get the fan base he has. no one gave a shit about charles for the first 80% of his ufc career, He only got bandwagoners after he beat chandler

Costa is handsome and funny. Only reason he has fans.

Oliveria has almost 30 fights in the UFC and it took him a very long time to get the fan base he has. no one gave a shit about charles for the first 80% of his ufc career, He only got bandwagoners after he beat chandler

Costa is handsome and funny. Only reason he has fans.
my point is that winning is not the only way and is not a guarantee of popularity. Pantoja is a winner and is liked by hardcore fans but casuals don't know him well. It's probably a flyweight thing. Historically FLW is one of the least popular divisions among MMA fans, even GOAT Demetrious Johnson wasn't popular when he was in the UFC.

I don't understand why he's so disliked... Other than the obvious reasons of him being Dagestani/Muslim/wrestle-heavy...
I personally with he wouldn't tweet so much, I too would be annoyed if Erceg got a title shot over me.
Each to their own, I guess.
<Fedor23>

His last fight was pretty embarrassing, and you're only as good as your last fight. MMA fans have the memories of goldfishes, plus it's just the sheeplike mob mentality of the internet.

They are extremely similar. Wrestle, wrestle, wrestle some more. Get caught in a tight sub, don't tap, escape, go back to wrestling.
I dont hate eiher but Mokaev also displayed some nice striking vs Lopes, Grundy and Ige. He just doesnt finish fights though he is fighting pretty durable guys overall.

Mokaev finishes more but that Perez fight was pretty rough watch and people probably have that one in their mind.

I dont hate eiher but Mokaev also displayed some nice striking vs Lopes, Grundy and Ige. He just doesnt finish fights though he is fighting pretty durable guys overall.

Mokaev finishes more but that Perez fight was pretty rough watch and people probably have that one in their mind.

The fact that you referred to both of them as mokaev pretty much shows the accuracy the comparison 🤣

PwEJy3U.jpg
EDk2yFl.jpg
Sherdoggers went all out. LOL!

I've been a firm believer that Brazilian have been the worst for a while. It seems like they have no love for the current drop of Brazilian fighters. The last time I seen Brazilian fans actually enthralled was 142 and before that was 134. OVE A DECADE Ago.

Same fans who gave no fucks about Glover retiring, Glober should've retired in America.

Probably a lot to do with UFC not putting the top Brazilian stars on Brazilian cards these days. They give them unpopular champs like Pantoja or WMMA instead of the Oliveiras and Pereiras.

Evloev is evolving though, his stand up is getting better, and he is comfortable trading. Evloev to me is still a work in progress.

Has any other reason came up about why the fans might leave as soon as they can?

Is traffic that bad?

Safety issue (getting robbed) about leaving so late at night, and being one of the few left?

Or maybe got to get up early for Church? 🤓

To this day, that imo that was the saddest, most embarrassing display of someone who is a great example for all of his countrymen get no love, Glover retired Tia empty stadium.

Korean Zombie for ex, retired in island country 5km away from his home, loss in a knockout and yet was given all his flowers and probably had the best retirement of any fighter to this day.

Brazilian fans are just embarrassing themselves.
Putting those two retirements side by side on video should be an argument against holding cards in Brazil.

Bunch of keyboard warriors that would shit their pants if Mokaev even looked in their direction.

Not you Sherbro's of course, but those on twitter talking like that to a pro fighter.
I'll be honest with you chief, I'm pretty sure I could take Mokaev on at this point in his career. Literal wet noodle arms. ;)

The fact that you referred to both of them as mokaev pretty much shows the accuracy the comparison 🤣
I confuse Evloev and Mokaev all the time as well for some reason. They have a little lab churning these guys out in dagestan.

KZ retired in Singapore... im sure there were Korean fans, but KZ getting a proper retirement in country not of his own was baffling to me. That would be equavilent to a Brazilian retirement fight in Mexico,
And yet they all sang his walkout song

I think I've only watched Evloev 1 time, I didn't care for him either too much.

Back