Moments like Paul Craig's triangle that affected the course of our lives

Kaiokenrye24

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Paul Craig was on the way to losing a 30-27 decision, then he locks up a triangle choke literally last second that saved his ufc career and helped net him a 4 fight contract.
He would have retired if he lost the fight

Is there an equivalent moment where a life altering moment happened (or didn't happen) due to the slightest of margins.

Something about that is amazing to think about. It's on the brink material

Edit: He also got a $50k potn bonus

Last edited:
That triangle didn't affect my life at all. I gave him a BJ Penn nod for it, though.

Chael was about to expose and send AS back to the favelas where the competition is easier, but the ref jumped in to stop the fight as Chael was just about to get out of the triangle.

Not only did Paul Craig save his career, he also gave Ankalaev his first loss. Ankalaev would still be undefeated and would be seen as a major prospect in the barren wasteland of LHW today.

The mauler getting screwed out of that decision vs jon 'roids jones changed the trajectory of both of their careers, as well as everyone each of them fought after, especially cormier and crumble.

The mauler getting screwed out of that decision vs jon 'roids jones changed the trajectory of both of their careers, as well as everyone each of them fought after, especially cormier and crumble.
<24>

Chael was about to expose and send AS back to the favelas where the competition is easier, but the ref jumped in to stop the fight as Chael was just about to get out of the triangle.
"I'm gonna plead ignorance on that first fight, and you're right. I thought if you tapped it ended the round. I was not aware that the contest as a whole would come to a conclusion."

Paul Craig was on the way to losing a 30-27 decision, then he locks up a triangle choke literally last second that saved his ufc career and helped net him a 4 fight contract.

Is there an equivalent moment where a life altering moment happened (or didn't happen) due to the slightest of margins.

When Hillary Clinton was getting her ass whooped by Bernie Sanders and then started hacking all the vote machines with 'Fraction Magic', colluded with the media to cancel all the exit polls which concealed her fraud, murdered Seth Rich for exposing their corruption - thus creating the "Russian Narrative', fell on her face seizing at the 9/11 memorial and all of this combined resulted in Trump being POTUS and the complete split and possible destruction of the Democratic Party. Now that is what I call dee Po Craig Effect, lassie.

Some people take MMA way too seriously. LOL

My life was completely ruined when Kongo ko’d Barry after being
Ko’d twice in the fight

My wife and kids left me , my home was foreclosed on, and I gained 200 lbs from the depression

I now live in a van down by the river

Not only did Paul Craig save his career, he also gave Ankalaev his first loss. Ankalaev would still be undefeated and would be seen as a major prospect in the barren wasteland of LHW today.
I think to anyone with a brain that he still is. IMO, he had a 'Chael Lapse', where he got complacent being so far ahead and was close to finishing and fell on his face before the finish line. It's kind of like when you are holding your pee for hours with no problem, but then near a toilet, think about the act of peeing & then spritz in your pants...

Ko’d twice in the fight

My wife and kids left me , my home was foreclosed on, and I gained 200 lbs from the depression

I'm bummed the women fighters have to wear the reebok shit when they weigh in. They used to wear saucier shit from time to time.

Ko’d twice in the fight

Yo yo, it's like this, playboy: I thought you may have been Dan 'Maitreya' Quinn, but then I saw you owned a van and knew it was not, play boy.

not only did he earn another contract, but in that last second, he made $$$. i posted this after the fight in another thread:

walks into the cage with only a guaranteed $16k ($12k show + $4k reebok). last fight on his contract, and probably 1 second away from being released. in that 1 second, he earned another contract (most likely) and another $62k. talk about a momentum shift.

Sick triangle that showcased his heart. Weak ass Russian couldn't fight it off for 1 more second? Can tell he is scared to go to sleep. Both will be cut by 2020.

Some people take MMA way too seriously. LOL
Thats what we are here for man. Go hard or go home. If youve never screamed at the television in rage,or ran around like those two guys on youtube when crocop beat gonzaga,your not really living.

I wonder if it would be ok for them to wear this:

42411190_l_a2.jpg

If they did I would start watching the weigh-ins.

I'd watch that too. On loop.

Thats what we are here for man. Go hard or go home. If youve never screamed at the television in rage,or ran around like those two guys on youtube when crocop beat gonzaga,your not really living.

The good times of old are over, my friend. Now UFC could replace the fighting with fart contests and they'd be more exciting. Less people would probably accidentally shit themselves too. (Looking at you, Justine Kish)

Back