Television MOON KNIGHT TV Series (Wins an Emmy)

If you have seen the entire series, how would you rate MOON KNIGHT?

• Total voters
The third personality is,

Jake Lockley. In the comics, Lockley is NYC cab driver, with extensive knowledge and experience of the criminal underworld. He's also the most violent of MK's personalities, to the point that even Khonshu himself thinks Jake sometimes goes too far.

even Khonshu himself thinks Jake sometimes goes too far

monkey-puppet-omg-shock-gif.gif

Regarding episode 3, disappointed to see Moon Knight getting impaled multiple times and surviving like it was nothing. Making the wearer of the suit invulnerable lowers the stakes for me as the protagonist doesn't seem to be in any danger at all.

I think they've done a lot to reduce stakes in this episode. The complete absence of struggle to find the sarcophagus (Oh this guy I know has it). Plus the fact it's in the open in a gaudy lit up pyramid, the whole thing just seemed an unnecessary barrier to finding Amit's tomb. If you want to show Layla's usefulness in the dangerous world of black market artefacts I think it could have been done in a less clumsy way.
The huge body count in that fight, particularly from Layla. I've got the impression Layla is supposed to be a bit of a check on Marc's violent side and as she's starting to show affection to Stephen this is adding to her being a more 'moral' character. Then we have her dropping mooks and stabbing guys who to be fair, were just protecting their boss after she and Marc try and rob him.
Finally, the gods are cans. Konshu can cause a solar eclipse and change the appearance of the night sky on a global or at least national level (Although he does need Stephan's help) yet the whole council of gods can't find a way to observe Harrow who's pretty openly running a cult where people praise Amit and talk about resurrecting her?

Isaac is definitely the highlight of the show for me, I'm enjoying his portrayal of Simon and this growth of him in confidence as Marc's surety starts to crack. I'm intrigued enough to keep watching, I'd like to know who originally had the body and see how many more personalities pop up.

I'm not a comic reader, but I always got the impression Moon Knight was meant to be quite a funny character, I've not really seen any comedic tendencies through this series other than Stanley. I think his lack of being in control in E3 is a big part of its weakness.

I think they've done a lot to reduce stakes in this episode. The complete absence of struggle to find the sarcophagus (Oh this guy I know has it). Plus the fact it's in the open in a gaudy lit up pyramid, the whole thing just seemed an unnecessary barrier to finding Amit's tomb. If you want to show Layla's usefulness in the dangerous world of black market artefacts I think it could have been done in a less clumsy way.
The huge body count in that fight, particularly from Layla. I've got the impression Layla is supposed to be a bit of a check on Marc's violent side and as she's starting to show affection to Stephen this is adding to her being a more 'moral' character. Then we have her dropping mooks and stabbing guys who to be fair, were just protecting their boss after she and Marc try and rob him.
Finally, the gods are cans. Konshu can cause a solar eclipse and change the appearance of the night sky on a global or at least national level (Although he does need Stephan's help) yet the whole council of gods can't find a way to observe Harrow who's pretty openly running a cult where people praise Amit and talk about resurrecting her?

Isaac is definitely the highlight of the show for me, I'm enjoying his portrayal of Simon and this growth of him in confidence as Marc's surety starts to crack. I'm intrigued enough to keep watching, I'd like to know who originally had the body and see how many more personalities pop up.

I'm not a comic reader, but I always got the impression Moon Knight was meant to be quite a funny character, I've not really seen any comedic tendencies through this series other than Stanley. I think his lack of being in control in E3 is a big part of its weakness.

I think Khonshu is hilarious but maybe that's just me.

Also not a comic reader, only thing I know of Moon Knight is a meme with him and Punisher.

"Hey Frank, still murdering people?"

"Yup. How you doing Marc, still crazy?"

He's the moon god, that's his wheelhouse. Also he's having to do all that cause he doesn't know where Ammit and Harlow are either, these gods don't have any kind of special eye in the sky view of the world or mass telepathy or anything

He's the moon god, that's his wheelhouse. Also he's having to do all that cause he doesn't know where Ammit and Harlow are either, these gods don't have any kind of special eye in the sky view of the world or mass telepathy or anything

But they can teleport their avatars to their mystical meeting point, trap a fellow god in stone by standing around. They just seem a bit rubbish.

But they can teleport their avatars to their mystical meeting point, trap a fellow god in stone by standing around. They just seem a bit rubbish.
Just different powers, I don't see any discrepancy there, it's not even like they can read minds in general but can't penetrate Harlow or his followers, besides Ammit (supposed) ability to sense future evil in a person they don't seem to have anything in terms of reading inner thoughts or larger scope of vision. Seems akin to wondering why Thor can't shapeshift like Loki

Last edited:
Not sure if people here are aware, but the actor who played Anton in this latest episode, Gaspard Ulliel, passed away in January. He had an accident while skiing in France

gaspard-uliel-midnight-man-moon-knight-marvel.jpg

At the end of the episode, Disney did acknowledge it in the credits

Ironically the whole, Trial by the Gods thing was done so much better in the Doom War arc of the Black Panther comic. Doctor Doom invades Wakanda, his final goal to steal all of Wakanda's Vibranium reserves from a special vault. However, this is guarded by the Panther Goddess, Bast - who's part of the Egyptian Pantheon.

Doom strips off his armour and stands before Bast. He does not fight or attempt to trick her. He allows her to scan his soul, his most deeply held creed. Bast learns that Doom truly believes only he can save earth from catastrophe - by ruling it with an iron fist. Thus, his motivations are pure and he is worthy to take the Vibranium.

They should have done something like that, with the Gods scanning Harrow and concluding that his intentions are pure. Given that Harrow appears to genuinely believe that Ammit will bring forth heaven on earth, that wouldn't be out of character.

Not sure if people here are aware, but the actor who played Anton in this latest episode, Gaspard Ulliel, passed away in January. He had an accident while skiing in France

gaspard-uliel-midnight-man-moon-knight-marvel.jpg

At the end of the episode, Disney did acknowledge it in the credits

I did not put that together. thanks for sharing. always a tragedy

I watched episode 3 last night. might have just been my mood but I was bored.

I am still going to watch but I really hope it picks up again. or that I feel more engaged next week

These gods are dumb as hell. They can’t tell they’re being lied to?

some good stuff and some lame low quality stuff, i will keep watching but its not so great maybe 6.8/10 so far three episodes in im not feeling like they are actualizing the full potential of the character and the CGI isnt so great

This show has a lot of promise, but I'm just not enjoying it fully. Like something is missing and I can't put my finger on it. I'm trying to stick with it though.

These Disney+ MCU shows are slacking. Haven't seen one yet that I'm fully invested in week to week.

I'm enjoying it so far.

He's doing really well with the dissociative personality disorder. Each character feels unique and even body language and facial expressions he is doing completely unique to each.

Hopefully the plot picks up a bit though.

This show has a lot of promise, but I'm just not enjoying it fully. Like something is missing and I can't put my finger on it. I'm trying to stick with it though.

These Disney+ MCU shows are slacking. Haven't seen one yet that I'm fully invested in week to week.

WandaVision was the only one I was super invested in. All the others lost my attention at some point.

The problem, I think, is they’re made (poorly) for adults - fans of “serious” graphic novels. They should be made for child fans of comics - action, like most were back in the 70s and 80s before comics became so serious, weighty and heavy

Back