Moose: "I see holes in Lyoto's standup. He makes mistakes, and will pay for it."

The only problem that I have with this fight is that it's at risk at being overly technical, which means I won't know what the fuck is going on half the time

i think the odds are correct. -280 for machida is about right. lets not forget how mousasi looked against jardine (at lhw where his gas tank would be better.) and i know he wont, but machida can outwrestle and hold down mousasi like king mo had very little trouble doing.

mousasi has the striking in his favor, but machida has more tools and more experience in the octagon. he will dictate the pace and win an ugly decision. good strikers are machidas weakness, unfortunately.

Moose is a better aggressor than Machida. Machida is always on the defense.

The only problem that I have with this fight is that it's at risk at being overly technical, which means I won't know what the fuck is going on half the time

Haha, self-deprecating honesty on Sherdog, what a rare treat.

Moose is the most skilled fighter I know not named Fedor.
It is really weird to watch Machida fighting someone more skilled than him, lol.

So many dumbasses on Sherdog. "Lyoto only looks good against sloppy brawlers."

"Machida only has defense he doesn't use offense."

Ignorant people need to die.

Overeem is a k-1 level striker too, so was Crocop. He hasn't faced competition of Lyotos caliber, let alone UFC caliber. Talented, absolutely. Proven, not even a little bit, his first stiff test against Lawal and fails with flying colors. As much shit as other fighters in the UFC get called over rated, Mousasi takes the cake. Say what you want, the facts don't lie, he hasn't faced the level of competition to get as much praise as he does.

Orly? Lawal was "his first stiff test"? Yeah, let's ignore the fact that he beat Hunt, Jacare, Kang, Manhoef and Sokoudjou (when he was a beast and feared by most). Let's pretend that never happened.

lol at anyone that thinks machida is gonna get jabbed up. machida could win this fight with footwork alone.
machida by KO or UD.

lol at anyone that thinks machida has this one in the bag, or that it will be easy in any way shape or form.

So stoked for this fight. I love both guys but I have to go with Machida for this one. He's just so fast and elusive.

Orly? Lawal was "his first stiff test"? Yeah, let's ignore the fact that he beat Hunt, Jacare, Kang, Manhoef and Sokoudjou (when he was a beast and feared by most). Let's pretend that never happened.

Hunt in the middle of his well documented 'everyone is beating me' losing spree. Sean f@#4king McKorkle tapped out Hunt.

Sokoudjou is barely 500 (at the time and now) and he and Kang are world famous for getting stopped. So Manhoef... who Filho, Lawler and Tim Kennedy all stopped in the first round.

A green Jacare got stopped with an upkick of all things, is arguably his best of this bunch. Beating Jacare then does not mean what it does now.

I like Mousassi, quite a bit actually. I think he has a lot of potential and is generally exciting to watch. But he's nowhere near as proven as he gets paraded around here, its bizarre fandom for this guy on sherdog.

I doubt he is better on the ground than Machida.
If Keith Jardine can make it thru laying on him, so can Machida.

11 submissions vs 2. Yeah Machida is obviously the superior submission artist. *cough*

This fight is eliciting a lot of delusion from both fan bases.

I like Mousassi, quite a bit actually. I think he has a lot of potential and is generally exciting to watch. But he's nowhere near as proven as he gets paraded around here, its bizarre fandom for this guy on sherdog.

Yeah, I just can't understand why someone with a 34-3-2 record, including 18 KO's and 11 submissions, gets any kind of hype. It's a strange world we live in!

Back