More proof that snopes cannot be trusted...

I'd like to thank the posters who agreed with TS after the OP.

I'm glad I know who around here is just pushing an agenda and not actually reading threads. TS made a complete ass out of himself, and following him to go after a source we'd all agree has a track record of at least 95% accuracy(prove me wrong if you disagree), is hilarious.

Is snopes perfect? Probably not if it's run by people. Is it more trustworthy than your average conservative meme? By a country fucking mile.

I'm glad I know who around here is just pushing an agenda and not actually reading threads. TS made a complete ass out of himself, and following him to go after a source we'd all agree has a track record of at least 95% accuracy(prove me wrong if you disagree), is hilarious.

Is snopes perfect? Probably not if it's run by people. Is it more trustworthy than your average conservative meme? By a country fucking mile.

Snopes is no Foodbabe.com, that's for sure!

"The proof that Snopes is biased against conservatives is that they DON'T disproportionately attack liberals!!! No, I'm not fucking crazy, why do you ask? Here, let me link you to this Forbes article that directly corroborates an issue that exists only in my mind."
Demented dodging.

100% liberal employees who have openly attacked conservatives = not relevant, zero bias on snopes part. Also tinfoil CT.

Demented dodging.

100% liberal employees who have openly attacked conservatives = not relevant, zero bias on snopes part. Also tinfoil CT.

Well, let's see the results of their work:

The vast majority of fake news is from the right.

They debunk more fake news from the right than the left (which is proportionate).

They do not debunk a disproportionate amount of left-leaning stories (as you want them to do).

They do not ignore left-leaning fake news, exclusively debunking the right (as you claimed they did and which was proven to be bullshit).

So it's pretty obvious you want this organization, which is taking a pretty proportionally-representative approach, to adopt a right-wing bias by disproportionately debunking the left.

"But they've got 100% librul employees!"

Well, how many right wingers do you know who want to fact check right wing fake news bullshit? More than likely they would want to work for Snopes in order to implement the same bias you are demanding snopes implement.

Maybe you could give your head a shake, please? But you'll have to pull it out of your ass first.

They do not debunk a disproportionate amount of left-leaning stories (as you want them to do).
Do I? I am calling them biased. They can continue to be biased, and you can continue to claim they aren't.

You claim that facebook shitposts veer more to the right, I would probably agree.

They don't exclusively source claims from "fake news and CT from social media" though. We know they look at tabloid hyperbolic articles too which are neither virals or memes.

And we don't know their methodology, it's just you claiming it's 1:1 representation of social media. They don't claim that either. It's also humanly impossible to convert 1:1 coverage of "fake news" (that may be more right wing) on the internet into fact-check pages. Since not everything they come across gets converted into a fact check therefore some things have to be decided on. It's not big fact check mill aggregating and converting everything as they find it. They are not impartial.

There is no way the operate their business in the manner you think they do. Not with 100% liberal employees and obviously loaded questions they can easily 'fact'-check (which further signals where their biases lie).

They do not ignore left-leaning fake news, exclusively debunking the right (as you claimed they did and which was proven to be bullshit).
I addressed that with Ruprecht. It wasn't on absolute terms. It's impossible to not have checks pointing the other way for a site like that, but the lopsidedness is great. All the factors I have mentioned cannot be ignored just because "well there's more right wing fake news out there".

Well, how many right wingers do you know who want to fact check right wing fake news bullshit?
That's funny. You don't have to be partisan to fact check, but it does raise eyebrows for an organization to operate that way claiming to be bastions of truth and impartiality. The Forbes article talks about this.

You are a moron who does not even understand the OP.

They went after a website and called them out for reporting what the veterans group came upon. I hope the cops are right, but the initial claim by snopes was absolute crap.

You are a moron who does not even understand the OP.

They went after a website and called them out for reporting what the veterans group came upon. I hope the cops are right, but the initial claim by snopes was absolute crap.

1. What the veterans group CLAIMED to have come upon.

2. According to those cops who you hope are right, the veterans were COMPLETELY WRONG.

3. Your gripe is these liars being outed for being liars, and your defense is "but look, we used quotation marks when making false claims!"

Sorry, but your OP speaks for itself. Loudly, and clearly. All you've accomplished is making me trust Snopes more.

Snopes is a joke and it's been beaten to death here and many other places of discussion . The bizarre thing itt was every left leaner missing the TS's original point almost subconscious. It's a defense mechanism, as frustrating as it is it's still fascinating. Your seeing a perfect example here with @uppercutbus beating both @Ruprecht and @JosephDredd in there arguments. I got love for all you guys so please don't take it the wrong way. You're all clever and resourceful guys.

But as for this one...

What are your blabbing about you fucking psychopath? "I'd like to thank the posters..." What? So you know the people here who know that snopes is BS so you can what? What does that precious info do for you? Are you making a list of conservative people to keep for your troll bidding here? Mental ass, passive aggressive threat.

But you already have that list don't you? You made a post with that list your first day or two here on the site. Your a only here to be a shit stirring troll, This is account 3 or 4? 4 right? You add nothing to this place you're a lunatic. It's a shame people here will even click like for anyone of your posts your שטיק is so blatant. Cya

Yeah, we used to call fact checkers the news, until we figured out they were lying to us, and they were forced to rebrand as "fact checkers"

In context of this thread your post is not worth a $1.

Any reasons you think there are for me to dismiss anything said by law enforcement are entirely because you drew the kind of connections that an idiot would draw in order to believe people who have criticized police are thoroughly unreasonable people. Maybe you should smarten the fuck up.

You think the police put out a press release that was different than the conclusion to their investigation? Half of your criticisms are you ranting about society. You sound fucking insane. Maybe you should smarten the fuck up.

Its amazing the balls people can grow behind a computer screen. Typical behavior when someone with an inferior position in life attacks with profanity instead of with actual rebuttal, ya miserable sheep.

Allow me to visually narrate the following exchange with navigation-clogging GIFs and jpegs:

M_HY8c.gif

DUCKMALLARDWILD-3.jpg

Monkey see monkey do I guess, no wonder there is only trolling on this site.

They no editorial oversight and do not follow standard journalistic procedures such as interviewing the authors of articles they are trying to debunk to get all sides of the story.

Hey, @HeLLMuTT and @Throwin Bombs , I'd like for you and @uppercutbus to to explain to me the logic behind this thread.

1. There is a crackdown on irresponsibly false news stories happening.

2. The Free Thought Project puts out an article which exclusively quotes the people claiming children are being trafficked through the campsite. They conclude their article with a tribute to the good men and women who found this site as people who are successfully diminishing child trafficking. The closest thing TFTP come to questioning their claims is when a single line begins with, "While it's entirely possible that this camp could be used by homeless people..." and then finishes with a paragraph explaining why it's not possible.

3. The police concluded that there is no child-trafficking happening at the campsite.

4. Snopes checks with the police and, correctly, points out that everything in the TFTP is wrong.

5. TFTP is flagged as publishing fake news, which they did.

6. A complete and utter numbnuts (who I won't name because name calling is against the rules here) numbnutted his way to this forum and numbnutted out a thread in which he's furious that Snopes didn't contact TFTP to "get their side of the story". He condemns them with the (wildly incorrect) claim that it's standard journalistic procedure to do so, completely oblivious to the fact that TFTP never presented a single dissenting opinion to the veterans' deductions nor did they update the article (or publish a new article) with the conclusion of the police investigation. Which, you know, is actually standard journalistic procedure.

7. Anyone reading this article would conclude that a child-trafficking ring was discovered at this campsite, even though we know that's completely untrue.

Now can one of you fine fellows explain to me why the TS isn't a completely mindless hack, unable to reason because of all the bullshit propaganda he's submitted himself to?

If anyone wants some context, there's a news clip posted somewhere in this thread that has a brief interview with one of the veterans that found the site.

Annnnnnd he's an idiot.

So basically Facebook flagged a conspiracy theory created by idiots, and a few people are pissed that Snopes gives deference to the police over the original bullshit theory.

Kind of difficult to be adequately prepared when stumbling across something. Just saying.

Every person carries a cell phone and I'm not aware of any that don't have cameras.

Snopes is just a shill tool and anyone relevant understands this. I'm more for Elon Musk's idea.

pfft they sure think they're big shots. They see themselves as arbiters of truth protecting democracies around the world:

So? It's not bigfoot Facebook is interested in them "fact" checking.

Snopes Is a Sneaky Liar About California’s Bill To Ban Christian LGBT Talk
https://thefederalist.com/2018/04/24/snopes-sneaky-liar-californias-bill-ban-christian-lgbt-talk/

Hilarious. You start with Zerohedge and Daily Mail and now you've moved on to the Federalist.
...but supposedly you're concerned about bias and accuracy.

Snopes always always uses a strawman argument, changing the wording of the question just enough so that they are technically not wrong. Then your average idiot parrots what they think they have read. In terms of sneaky misinformation tactics, it's why Google loves them.

...and here we see the typical persecution complex on display.
So far you're failing to point out any actual misinformation.
Even your Federalist article admits they are right, "Sure, it is virtually impossible that California will immediately attempt to ban the sale of the Bible itself. "
The video they were responding to was pretty obvious tabloid journalism.
Here we see you try and switch back from "they cover more right wing stuff" to "their reports are biased" and yet you fail utterly to demonstrate that with any actual examples whatsoever.
That's been the story of all your posts in this thread. A lack of actual examples.

That's the narrative you are using to explain the glaring bias in what Snopes chooses to report.

Like I said, that means you are now admitting to the glaring number of biased pages on their website and are offering an explanation that absolves them of any bias in cherry picking which ones to cover and how to phrase the claims. Laughable.

I have offered we go through the links for CNN and migrants you have not accepted that offer.

No, covering more right-wing false stories isn't "bias" when there's a lot more of them.
I've already shown that they cover plenty of left-wing material and apolitical material, in exactly the same manner. You on the other hand have gone to exactly the sort of sources pushing the claims they debunked, and posted that as evidence of their bias.
Hilarious.

Funny how that conveniently fits the leftist narrative. Lots of news showing migrants in a bad light. Best to look for all the out-there claims we can debunk making them look good. No bias right?

Yeah, the fact that most of the fake political stories being shared on social media are pandering to the right-wing is a left-wing plot... that's a great way to view the problem.

This isn't even that critical of left. Makes look Trump bad by association, picture and all etc.

Uhuh... so debunking a trending left-wing meme on social media isn't critical of the left, and it makes Trump look bad because they repeat the meme.
Right. Your ability to analyse information is amazing, no wonder you have a problem with snopes.

They are obviously biased too. It wasn't a random meme that started the claim, it was the MSM and whatever whackjobs there that decide Trump meant "all immigrants". So maybe they really liked that meme that they had to make a page for it, can't imagine why. If you scroll further down, Hitler and Trump together hah.

WHAT'S TRUE
Adolf Hitler and the Nazi Party consistently described Jewish people as animals.

or

WHAT'S TRUE
The MSM defended MS-13 and tried to promoted a flase narrative about what Trump said to make it look like "all immigrants". One they backtracked on.

They go with the first.

Yeah... you seemed to miss the "What's False" section.

"Neither of the quotes offered in the meme is a literal one, and Trump's quote more specifically described MS-13 gang members as "animals.""

Seems accurate.

That's not representative of impartiality at all. You are saying that just by reporting on something from Raw Story, because it's a trashy left-wing site, the contents automatically is unflattering to the left? I went through two pages of links and that's not what I'm seeing. In fact overwhelming majority don't look good for the right.

Also that raw story link is buried in the article right in the middle, it's not in the headers anywhere on the age, it's not in the search results anywhere. Ctrl+F won't indicate which ones are and aren't in the search results page. Some of them just infer Raw Story as one of the news outlets covering a story other outlets also reported on.

I linked an actual story. Are you going to say the coverage of the O'Reilly story also was a "left wing narrative"? Amazing.
Yes, Raw Story is usually listed as a source for claims that are being spread on twitter or facebook. That's how snopes operates. The majority of their political stories are responses to viral memes, chain posts, tweets etc. Their writers have backgrounds which typically intersect with social media such as news aggregator sites, fact checking (for other organisations) and science communication.

I'm sure you read my post on the political affiliation of their employees. Fake news?
You mean the article from Zerohedge? Hah. They have 9 article writers, and the most left-wing of them is Arturo Garcia (based on his own history of stories for Racialicious, Alternet, The Guardian and Raw Story).
Funnily enough their "proof" of his bias isn't actually any article he's written, and nothing he's done for snopes, but rather this tweet.

arturo.jpg

That's it.

You're really attempting to champion Zerohedge against Snopes... says it all really.

People are just upset that their bullshit is being called out.

You want another one? Here's them looking at click bait titles and saying "miscaptioned!" in order to avoid confirming them like the SJW snowflakes they are.

FACT CHECK: Did Justin Trudeau's Eyebrow Fall Off at the G7 Summit?
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/justin-trudeaus-eyebrow/

^ it didn't fall off completely! Miscaptioned!

Miscaptioned means the claim is false, but the footage is real.
Once again a product of the sort of material they cover.

"This rating is used with photographs and videos that are “real” (i.e., not the product, partially or wholly, of digital manipulation) but are nonetheless misleading because they are accompanied by explanatory material that falsely describes their origin, context, and/or meaning."

Figures you'd fall for something like Trudeau having fake eyebrows.

It should be blatantly obvious to anyone that Snopes, just like politifact, has an agenda.

If you look at the particularly aggrevious examples posted and just pretend Snopes is calling it down the middle, you are mentally deficient. No other way to put it.

Soros was 9 years old during WW2.

<Dany07>

He was 14 when the Holocaust began in Hungary. Hitler Youth age. Kids younger than him were fighting across Europe in 1944/1945. And in a world where 10-year olds in Poland are condemned for not doing enough to help the Jews.... 14/15 is old enough to be responsible for your actions.

Last edited:
He was 14 when the Holocaust began in Hungary. Hitler Youth age. Kids younger than him were fighting across Europe in 1944/1945. And in a world where 10-year olds in Poland are condemned for not going enough. 14/15 is old enough to be responsible for your actions.
<Dany07>

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back