More weird sleep paralysis dreams

Brampton_Boy

Douchey Mc Douche
@red
Reaction score
There have been several great threads on sleep paralysis in the past, but the search function seems perpetually broken and I can't seem to find any of them.

I have been suffering from sleep paralysis most of my adult life - it doesn't happen very often (3 times per year roughly), but when it does, it is extreme and leaves me shaken the next day.

Normally I feel an intense terror and I am acutely aware that it is happening (something in the room with me, feeling like something is touching me or talking to me), and eventually I force myself awake in a panic.

Last night's episode was very different, in that something "followed" me across dreams. I would bet my bottom dollar that I woke up several times (to go to the washroom, put out the dog etc.), and each time I would fall back asleep, this "thing" would reappear in my dreams. The logical side of me knows that it isn't possible, and I was probably asleep the whole time, but my goodness it seamed so real.

What was also different about this dream is that there was no sense of (immediate) panic or dread, I just noticed what looked like a woman standing in the distance looking at me. She didn't look entirely human - her eyes were way too large for her head and her skin was milk white. In every dream that I could remember, she would just be standing at the periphery of whatever I was doing in my dream, but getting progressively closer each time. In the last dream that actually startled me awake, she smiled, and she had rows of teeth like a shark.

While it is technically not the scariest episode of sleep paralysis I have ever had, it is the one that left me the most bothered. Like I said, I would bet money that I got up on multiple occasions, and even made note of the weird dreams I was having, only to have it continue when I went back to bed.

I know a lot of you suffer from sleep paralysis, so I would love to hear your stories as well.

There have been several great threads on sleep paralysis in the past, but the search function seems perpetually broken and I can't seem to find any of them.

I have been suffering from sleep paralysis most of my adult life - it doesn't happen very often (3 times per year roughly), but when it does, it is extreme and leaves me shaken the next day.

Normally I feel an intense terror and I am acutely aware that it is happening (something in the room with me, feeling like something is touching me or talking to me), and eventually I force myself awake in a panic.

Last night's episode was very different, in that something "followed" me across dreams. I would bet my bottom dollar that I woke up several times (to go to the washroom, put out the dog etc.), and each time I would fall back asleep, this "thing" would reappear in my dreams. The logical side of me knows that it isn't possible, and I was probably asleep the whole time, but my goodness it seamed so real.

What was also different about this dream is that there was no sense of (immediate) panic or dread, I just noticed what looked like a woman standing in the distance looking at me. She didn't look entirely human - her eyes were way too large for her head and her skin was milk white. In every dream that I could remember, she would just be standing at the periphery of whatever I was doing in my dream, but getting progressively closer each time. In the last dream that actually startled me awake, she smiled, and she had rows of teeth like a shark.

While it is technically not the scariest episode of sleep paralysis I have ever had, it is the one that left me the most bothered. Like I said, I would bet money that I got up on multiple occasions, and even made note of the weird dreams I was having, only to have it continue when I went back to bed.

I know a lot of you suffer from sleep paralysis, so I would love to hear your stories as well.

It is your subconcious brother. And I think you know why.

Try reading a book on dreams. There are many on sleep paralysis. Also, practice yoga before going to bed.

Sleep paralysis may be linked to deeply repressed emotions, such as fear and rage. I've found the best way to get out of it is to surrender to the paralysis as though you were accepting death. Eventually, you will be able to ease out of it.

I dunno, sounds pretty cool to be honest. Never had one myself.

Couple years ago I had the worst nightmares of my life.

I would wake up and start my day, only to realize at some point that I was actually in a dream. So I'd make myself "wake up" again. Then it felt real, like I had woken up, so I'd start my day again only to realize once again I was still dreaming.

This happened numerous times, to the point that in my dream I was starting to believe that I was actually dead in real life and would never wake up again.

I've never had anything feel so real before. When I finally did actually wake up, I was covered in sweat and it took me a good 5 minuted to verify that I was actually awake and not just in another dream.

This shit happened like 2 or 3 different times. I'm so glad they stopped eventually because that shit was terrifying.

Interesting fact: Sleep Paralysis is FAR more common if you sleep on your back. I stopped sleeping on my back when I was a kid due to this, and later found out that this is something that is universal with SP.

Nobody can explain why this is... my theory is that the demons that are paralyzing you want you to be able to see them.

Yeah this condition has been around for centuries. Hence this painting for example:

screen-shot-2015-01-15-at-15-18-08.png

There are some similar ones. It also used to be known as 'old hag syndrome' because most would see an old woman either in their room or sitting on their chest.

I haven't had it for several years now. But the last few times were quite disturbing and all the same. I'd be asleep then suddenly I was looking at my body at some weird angle (ie out of my body) and I could see this old crone shuffling closer and closer to me. She would stoop over my face and drop this long centipede looking thing into my mouth and I would wake up and have a coughing fit for around 5 minutes or more. It legit felt like I was choking on something. I had this at least 5 times or so.
I've had it in the past but it was the usual can't move, a dark figure sitting on my chest or standing in the corner watching me. The ones with the old crone were fucking next level.

Apparently you are prone to them if you are over tired (like somewhat sleep deprived for several nights) or using a sleep drug. I can attest that when I have had sleep paralysis I have often had these circumstances.

I used to freak out on these

I may have read up on these being spurred by supernatural

Now they no longer bother me.

Why? because i was able to narrow these down to being really tired.....they seemed to happen most when lck of sleep was the issue. they hppened when i was super tired but tripping along the way to REM

so when they happen I no longer think somethings trying to harm me i see it as being in stuck within a crashing wave. i relax and let it have its way.....they tend to be shorter if i just relax and let them pass.....wven when it feels terrifying

Don’t sleep. Problem solved.

You’re welcome.

I no longer experience sleep paralysis. But when I did, I actually loved it. All it's really doing is getting you rested more and it's an amazingly relaxing experience. It's been many years since my last sleep paralysis episode but I don't mind it happening again.

I mean we bro, we're all powerlifters and martial artists. We should challenge the sleep paralysis monsters in a fight. Isn't that what we train for? lol.

Also, there comes a point in a dream when something is so bizarre that it forces you to realize it's a dream. And then it's okay. I remember dreaming that I had a hot girlfriend. Then I realized it was just a dream and just proceeded to have sex with her.

Isn't sleep paralysis just your body's mechanism to ensure you don't act out your dreams?

I mean, have you told the entity to leave? If you get lucid to a certain degree in a dream, i.e. realize it's a dream, you can do whatever you want. Conjure up a missile to blow up the entity. Call the astral cops and get them to take it to astral jail. Try to become friends with it. I don't know, bake it a cake, ask it what its' hobbies are. If you're not afraid of it, it loses its' foothold.

Sleep paralysis is probably what's behind all the morons that think they got abducted by aliens.

no doubt related to sleep apnea, a very common disorder.

when your brain is deprived of sufficient oxygen, it can do some weird psycho-physical gymnastics.

get a sleep monitor and check it out.

Back