Movies MORTAL KOMBAT 2021 (Premieres April 23, 2021)

If you have seen MORTAL KOMBAT (2021), how would you rate it?

• Total voters
This movie had alot of blood and gore, exactly what fans clamoring for right?? Therefore it is GOOD. Just add more for the sequel and it'll be doubly good!

we got it guys! JUST BLEEEEEEED

Last edited:
Is his martial arts good enough? He's been okay in various action films, but can't recall much hand to hand
Not much hand to hand, I guess there's a bit in Deadpool? But it's mainly guns and swords

I follow mma and post on sherdog. I cant help but see and hear about wrasslin, although I don't actively watch it.
I was just asking if miz has been around for that long, he seems more of a pg era superstar which is more like 10 years ago

Altho I guess Cena's been around for like 20 years but he started more during the ruthless aggression era

I had a triple header today: The original Mortal Kombat, the sequel Mortal Kombat: Annihilation, and the new Mortal Kombat. I played Mortal Kombat II on Super Nintendo and especially Mortal Kombat: Trilogy on N64 obsessively as a kid and the original films were rewatched endlessly in my youth. Rewatching them today, they're still a ton of fun. The first one is a solid (unacknowledged but obvious) remake of Enter the Dragon and the sequel - while it suffers from shitty effects, a bunch of character replacements, and an unwieldy script - is better than a lot of people give it credit for.

The new one, however, was almost unwatchable. The ancient Samurai shit, a pathetically lame Shang Tsung, an annoying and barely understandable Raiden, a child Liu Kang...there was just so much silly crap. Added to which, there wasn't even a tournament! And all the fight scenes were terrible.

The talent involved is very much in the C to D range and it showed in every frame. Everyone will be better served to just go back and (re)watch the originals. The Johnny Cage/Scorpion fight sequence from the original Mortal Kombat alone puts the new film to shame.

I had a triple header today: The original Mortal Kombat, the sequel Mortal Kombat: Annihilation, and the new Mortal Kombat. I played Mortal Kombat II on Super Nintendo and especially Mortal Kombat: Trilogy on N64 obsessively as a kid and the original films were rewatched endlessly in my youth. Rewatching them today, they're still a ton of fun. The first one is a solid (unacknowledged but obvious) remake of Enter the Dragon and the sequel - while it suffers from shitty effects, a bunch of character replacements, and an unwieldy script - is better than a lot of people give it credit for.

The new one, however, was almost unwatchable. The ancient Samurai shit, a pathetically lame Shang Tsung, an annoying and barely understandable Raiden, a child Liu Kang...there was just so much silly crap. Added to which, there wasn't even a tournament! And all the fight scenes were terrible.

The talent involved is very much in the C to D range and it showed in every frame. Everyone will be better served to just go back and (re)watch the originals. The Johnny Cage/Scorpion fight sequence from the original Mortal Kombat alone puts the new film to shame.

I wikipedia’d the director of Mortal Kombat (2021) and apparently this is his first ever movie to direct ... and it shows.

It makes you wonder why they chose someone so inexperienced. Paul WS Anderson, for all of his flaws, can make good action sequences and a near-enough coherent plot!

Transplants? Sounds like some real commie rubbish to me.

R80e09de859222076aad64d75640c57f9

Pirates of the Caribbean reboots with an all female cast led by Girls actress Lena Dunham

I wikipedia’d the director of Mortal Kombat (2021) and apparently this is his first ever movie to direct ... and it shows.

It makes you wonder why they chose someone so inexperienced. Paul WS Anderson, for all of his flaws, can make good action sequences and a near-enough coherent plot!
A wes anderson mortal lombat movie would be pretty interesting

This film definitely has its flaws with terrible dialogue with corny as hell direction, but characters like Kano, Scorpion, and Sub=Zero combined with really fun action sequences really do redeem it into a decent enough movie. If you're scoring this as a film critic it's gonna be pretty low, but if you wanna just have fun then this mostly delivers.

Saw this at the theater yesterday.

What I was expecting: Dumb, poorly made, & shitty.

What I got: Dumb, well made, & fun

7/10

4KvuAkf.gif

Extremely cheesey but it's a computer game for fuck's sake. 8/10, thought all of the big name characters were great but wasn't fussed on Goro at all. The others were awesome. Great, violent finishes too.

Back