Most embarrassing way to lose a fight?

tap to strikes followed by

exhaustion
ko

cant really control a tko some judges stop fights early

Getting dominated the whole fight and then either being finished or losing a lop-sided decision

There's no more definitive way of being owned by an opponent

Only people who don’t train think tapping out is a weak thing to do. I think sherdog needs to have a new rule where people need to train mma for a month before they can post.

Strongly agreed that it isn't weak to tap. I hate to see trained grapplers, fighters who KNOW they've no escape, refuse to tap. It doesn't prove anything and just suggests an ignorance of the situation.

Lol. How was it clearly an injury when the scans showed otherwise?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....-silva-following-tko-loss-jared-cannonier-mma

You are nuthugging to the extreme here.

I already said what I think is the most embarrassing way to lose but apparently it has you on the defence

If it wasn't an injury, it would be TKO (leg kick), right? In fact, that's how it's listed on the official record. So, would you like me to put leg kick up there just for you? It falls under TKO, though.

Your response was essentially "I hate Anderson Silva"

Come on, little buddy. You can put your feelings aside and play like a big boy. Pick something off the list, or do I have to make you a special sandwich and cut the crusts off? I will, it's ok.

We should be encouraging fighters to tap to submissions they know they can't escape. Saves egregious medical suspensions and means they can fight again sooner.

Serra's brother who was DQed for failure to leave butt scoot position is up there

Taking a DQ win when you can still compete.
There was a Brazilian fighter that had like ten wins and all four of his losses were DQ. Dude knew when he was going to lose and made sure his loss was by DQ instead of knockout or decision...

003.gif

Quitting on the stool.

Please elaborate!

https://m.sherdog.com/fighter/record/Nick-Serra-3225

Nick was losing on his feet, so he sat on the ground and taunted the other guy to jump into his guard. The other guy kept signaling for him to stand. The ref told him to stand. He kept scooting on his butt to get closer to the guy. Eventually the ref issued a DQ after plenty of warnings. It was pretty sad.

DQ for non aggression.

I can't make a poll thread, but this might work. Fuck, it'll probably be a shit show, but whatever.

- Tapping to a choke
- Going to sleep from a choke
- Tapping to an arm or leg lock
- Having a limb broken or ligaments torn
- Tapping to strikes
- KO
- TKO
- 50-45 / 30-27
- DQ
- Injury
- Corner stoppage
- Doctor stoppage
- Exhaustion

I believe it to be tapping to strikes.

What say you?

Besides talking a ton of trash and then quitting, the most embarrassing way to lose is behind your keyboard.

Getting Ko'd by the first punch thrown

Back