most powerful striking techniques

shs101

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
What are in your opinion the most devastating strikes you can throw that does the most damage? Legal for competition use of course. Imo the spinning back kick is an extrememly powerful move. What's yours?

What are in your opinion the most devastating strikes you can throw that does the most damage? Legal for competition use of course. Imo the spinning back kick is an extrememly powerful move. What's yours?

Knees from the Thai clinch

Crane kick. Not only is it my strongest kick, but if done right, no can defense.

MarkHuntv4362V.jpg

Spinning back kicks are deadly, could rupture organs if someone ran into a fast one.

Right straight counter as the guy is coming in. Think Machida vs Bader.

Do mawashi kaiten geri - rolling wheel kick

Hiza geri Jodan - circular knee to face

Yoko geri - side kick

In my opinion, the spinning back kick is the most powerful strike a human can deliver if thrown correctly.

not to mention his knee was turned 90 degrees

ye i think that really destroyed cro cop, he was never throwing those devastating kicks after Gonzoga.

I think high round house kick with shin is most devastating strike and it's pretty simple

Most powerful striking techniques? All of mine. Yes...all of them. :icon_evil

From a purely physiological point of view, the spinning back kick uses all the biggest muscles, plus centrifugal force and linear momentum.

But, from a combat perspective, and, keeping the strikes "legal", I'd say knees.

To the liver from side back control (GSP to Serra)
Knees to the head from the muay thai clinch (Silva vs Rich)
jumping spring knee to sitting opponent (rashad/silva to tito/chael)

Granted, a lot of the time when those strikes are landing the opponent is already hurt from a previous strike, but those are certainly "finishing moves".

Back