Most Tasteless and Despicable Thing The WWF/E Has Ever Done

01-seth-rollins-bray-wyatt-wwe-hell-in-a-cell-post-match-1.jpg

Shit, here's a bump. Don't know what I said before, but other than the obvious(Katie Vick, Katie Vick, Katie Vick), I'd say "Eugene" was just a little outside the realm of decency.

Signing a 10 year deal with Saudi Arabia. Great job, Vince. Traitorous bastard.

The worst thing, other than the systematic pimping of young ring boys, has got to be the WWE stopping women's wrestling from evolving to it's final and purest form...

Shit, here's a bump. Don't know what I said before, but other than the obvious(Katie Vick, Katie Vick, Katie Vick), I'd say "Eugene" was just a little outside the realm of decency.
Why? He was tough. Should we always pretend retarded people do not exist?

Why? He was tough. Should we always pretend retarded people do not exist?

In fairness, it's a bit of a grey area(Forrest Gump says hello), but It was still pretty tasteless within the realm of pro-wrestling. It's not as controlled of an environment as film, and the exploitation of the Eugene character's obvious weaknesses will be played for kicks from time to time. Which the WWE certainly did. On the flip side, they also celebrated him overcoming his weaknesses, and normalized him to an extent.

To me, it's kind of like a prank show, where a guy pretends to be a retard and does silly stuff for kicks, but at the end of the day, it's just exploitation and playing up a legit condition for profit. It's pretty scummy. I'm not super offended by it or anything, but if we're talking tasteless gimmicks, Eugene was pretty fucking tasteless.

Not to mention it was just dumb. A retard gimmick only has so high of a ceiling.

In fairness, it's a bit of a grey area(Forrest Gump says hello), but It was still pretty tasteless within the realm of pro-wrestling. It's not as controlled of an environment as film, and the exploitation of the Eugene character's obvious weaknesses will be played for kicks from time to time. Which the WWE certainly did. On the flip side, they also celebrated him overcoming his weaknesses, and normalized him to an extent.

To me, it's kind of like a prank show, where a guy pretends to be a retard and does silly stuff for kicks, but at the end of the day, it's just exploitation and playing up a legit condition for profit. It's pretty scummy. I'm not super offended by it or anything, but if we're talking tasteless gimmicks, Eugene was pretty fucking tasteless.

Not to mention it was just dumb. A retard gimmick only has so high of a ceiling.
I liked it. I thought making him strong and good at wrestling was pretty cool. He whooped William Regal's ass like 7 times lol. Everybody gets exploited for their character.

I'm not in church every Sunday and Lord knows I have a long way to go with my Christianity but this made me really uncomfortable. The whole angle with Vince cutting promos in churches and "God" setting off the pyro was just really out there and turned me away for a bit.
But we got this lol

Spirit Squad clean win on the brothers of destruction is the literal moment I stopped watching/caring

The burial of Perry Saturn.

For real, there has to be a special sort of magic running through Perry's veins.

Show up drunk on The Jenny Jones Show? We'll put you in a dress! You got over by making it all Marilyn Manson like? Fuck.

You beat up a jobber without approval? You're gonna eat crayons and fall in love with a mop! You got THAT over AND made a catch phrase out of it?
Fuck!

Shot in the neck? You lived? Got hooked on drugs as a result? You BEAT opioid addiction? Fuck!

This is everything I can think of in this thread. 2 things that were shitty situations ...

1. Psycho Syd stabbing Arn with the scissors.

2. Can't even remember the damn names to Google it. WWE about 15 years ago or so had this minor league tv show where they trained up and comers.

One of the trainers (a wwe wrestler) was way more rough than need be, beat the living shit out of one of the students. Total piece of shit.

I believe he was fired because of it.

This is everything I can think of in this thread. 2 things that were shitty situations ...

1. Psycho Syd stabbing Arn with the scissors.

2. Can't even remember the damn names to Google it. WWE about 15 years ago or so had this minor league tv show where they trained up and comers.

One of the trainers (a wwe wrestler) was way more rough than need be, beat the living shit out of one of the students. Total piece of shit.

I believe he was fired because of it.

Holly wasn't fired, he was pushed more because he protected the business.

Back