Movies with black antagonists?

but will he remain the villain???? the new "Glass" movie is coming out in 2019...

He'll be what he was in the first film I'd imagine, a somewhat sympathetic but ultimately sick dog that has to be put down.

Can't fucking wait for that one

For example, you can root for Alonzo in Training Day, you can root for Killmonger in Black Panther. You can root for Clubber in Rocky. This is because their characters are ambiguous. They are not true evil like John Doe from Se7en. You can't really root for John Doe or Pale Face in Pan's labyrinth

Majority of antagonists in any movie are not pure evil. And anyway it doesn't matter. I rooted for Simon Phoenix, even though he was a ruthless psychopath.

For example, you can root for Alonzo in Training Day, you can root for Killmonger in Black Panther. You can root for Clubber in Rocky. This is because their characters are ambiguous. They are not true evil like John Doe from Se7en. You can't really root for John Doe or Pale Face in Pan's labyrinth

You actually can. Theres no rules in these completely vague and nebulous standards you're applying. I can root for Hannibal Lecter if I want to.

Evil has nothing to do with being an antagonist. You're interpreting the word with a definition it doesn't have. The antagonist doesn't have to have specific qualities or be "evil". Nor is it necessary for them to not be ambiguous.

than it should be Mick cause he died and Rock had to overcome it and not Clubber.
How was he supposed to know Mick had a heart condition. Some crazy old man starts yelling in your ear like a latina you're not going let him do that. Clubber could've developed Califlour ear after Mick finished his sentence.

If they don't ruin his character he will be.
Isn't the greater evil at this point the beast? Will it take the combined efforts of David Dunn's brawn Mr. Glass's intellect to bring him down?

Not a movie but... My wife has recently started watching This is Us. This means I’m now watching it as well. What a goddamned strong performance from the actors who play Randall and William (I don’t know the actors names). Stole the whole show. I’m sure I’m getting roasted for this, heh.

*Edit*
For clarity sake, I read this as protagonist. So now the out of place comments seems even more out of place. Sorry guys.

Last edited:
Not a movie but... My wife has recently started watching This is Us. This means I’m now watching it as well. What a goddamned strong performance from the actors who play Randall and William (I don’t know the actors names). Stole the whole show. I’m sure I’m getting roasted for this, heh.

*Edit*
For clarity sake, I read this as protagonist. So now the out of place comments seems even more out of place. Sorry guys.

I was waiting to see your angle on Randall and William being the villains in This Is Us.

I was waiting to see your angle on Randall and William being the villains in This Is Us.
I’m dying over here<Lmaoo>, literally almost dropped my phone. Man, I’ve got to get it together. One day without the kids and I’m high before noon.

How can you guys forget about this man

conan3.jpg

james-earl-jones-conan-the-barbarian-signed-11x14-photo-psa-ab43679-6-t6435635-230.jpg

In at least one of them he was a sidekick (D'jango)

Misdirection I would argue, it was made clear Jackson playing Samuel was the real brains there and he obviously lasted longer.

Recently Jamie Fox in Baby Driver comes to mind although theres obviously misdirection again with John Hamm being the main antagonist.

Recently Jamie Fox in Baby Driver comes to mind although theres obviously misdirection again with John Hamm being the main antagonist.
That falls under the wonky heading of Plural Antagonist, as weird as that sounds. But to the point Foxx was fucking great in BABY DRIVER. Especially for such a tiny little dude onscreen.

Back