Muay Thai Gym Q&A

if it's social you're after then Sinbi is great. Made more friends there in a week than in one month at Tiger.....lol actually made no friends at Tiger :icon_sad:

Why do you think Sinbi is not in a good location? It is the best location in Phuket IMO. Far away from Patong and Soi MMA. Near the beach, chill bars, and somewhat normal locals.

Exactly.

Sinbi might well be on a quiet road leading to the Elephant Camps etc, but within 5-10mins walk you can find massage, bars, clubs, food, 7-11, Tesco, etc...

Exactly.

Sinbi might well be on a quiet road leading to the Elephant Camps etc, but within 5-10mins walk you can find massage, bars, clubs, food, 7-11, Tesco, etc...

Sounds like Sinbi is the place I should go to then and also live in the rooms with two other guys for 19K bhat/month.

How much does food cost by the way that are in these 5-10 min walking distances? Foreign food restuarants might be nice every now but it would be cool to eat local food too.

Foreign food I think was 250-500bht....

Didn't eat too much thai food out, as a thai friend often cooked for me.... but you could definitely get a simple curry or chicken/rice dish for less than 100bht....

Just booked my flight to Koh Samui April 30th - May 7th!

Superpro seems to be the most popular but will probably check out Lamai Muay Thai too.

Anyone have suggestions on housing?

Planning to go to full moon party as well - message if you will be there!

Travs theres alot to choose 5-10 minutes down the street.

So i decided for Wech Pinyo in January, i was intressed in WMC lamai but the acommondation was very expensive. Wech got some rooms for around 15k bath a month including training.

Have anyone trained at pinyo? I know its close to the beach but how far is it too the beach that is good for swimming? Is there many restaurants and stuff within walking distance or is the gym a bit off in location? It would be nice if someone could tell me about the location and more about the gym, thank you

Has anyone been to Kiatphontip in Bangkok?
It's my second time going to Thailand and wanted to try it.

Any big/tall Thais to clinch with?

Travs theres alot to choose 5-10 minutes down the street.

So i decided for Wech Pinyo in January, i was intressed in WMC lamai but the acommondation was very expensive. Wech got some rooms for around 15k bath a month including training.

Have anyone trained at pinyo? I know its close to the beach but how far is it too the beach that is good for swimming? Is there many restaurants and stuff within walking distance or is the gym a bit off in location? It would be nice if someone could tell me about the location and more about the gym, thank you

Should read Aaron's review of it

http://www.muaythaischolar.com/wech-pinyo-muay-thai-gym-review/

Hi guys,

I will be in Bangkok from July 25 - August 10 and will be training at Eminent Air. Also, from August 10 - 17 I will be in Phuket(Khao Lak) training at Rawai. Do you guys have any information on the current training at these gyms? Just wanted to get some first hand knowledge of anyone who recently trained there.

Also, I will be in Vietnam and Korea right after my Thailand trip and just wondering if you guys know of any good Muay Thai gyms to train out there?

Thanks in advance.

Hi guys,

I will be in Bangkok from July 25 - August 10 and will be training at Eminent Air. Also, from August 10 - 17 I will be in Phuket(Khao Lak) training at Rawai. Do you guys have any information on the current training at these gyms? Just wanted to get some first hand knowledge of anyone who recently trained there.

Also, I will be in Vietnam and Korea right after my Thailand trip and just wondering if you guys know of any good Muay Thai gyms to train out there?

Thanks in advance.

My review of Eminent Air. It wasn't a great experience for me personally.
http://www.muaythailand.com/index.p...review-of-eminent-air-by-insomniacl-4732-0mbt

Hey guys, i went to thailand last time and paid 30 000 baht for a month including accomodation and 2 meals a day + 300 baht a day for private sessions. I just wish i could do the same this year, i but it looks like i won't be able to afford it.

Are there any cheaper gyms? I really just want good training and read books all day. Don't need any flashy beaches or night life. A nice environment and nice air is a big plus though.

Anyone have a review on Sitsongpeenong Phuket? The trainers there seem quality. Recent review please :)
Also, any gyms that cater to bigger guys? I'm 100kgs.

Hey guys, i went to thailand last time and paid 30 000 baht for a month including accomodation and 2 meals a day + 300 baht a day for private sessions. I just wish i could do the same this year, i but it looks like i won't be able to afford it.

Are there any cheaper gyms? I really just want good training and read books all day. Don't need any flashy beaches or night life. A nice environment and nice air is a big plus though.

Go north to Chang Mai (look up Santai Gym) or go to Issan region.

Great post!

I can't wait til I take a trip to Thailand.

Anyone here know about good Muay Thai gyms or MMA gyms with great Muay Thai coaches in south Texas?

First post and all that so be nice. Trained in Thailand in October at a few different places so I thought I'd add my experience here.

I nearly didn't mention this place, because it's (well, I think it is anyway) an undiscovered gem, and part of me wants it to remain my own personal undiscovered gem so that it's not too busy when I go back, but V.Hemtanon - it's tucked away on a dirt track in Phuket, with signposts that you could easily miss and it's pretty good bordering on the mutts nuts. It was pretty quiet when I was there, so you get a lot of one-to-one time. The vibe is really friendly and chilled, but because it's not crowded there is no getting away with any laziness or slacking.

I took privates with Ae, the standard hour was actually nearer to an hour and a half. I asked him if we could focus on technique because I always want to learn new stuff in Thailand and just leech as many new things as I can off the trainers. Ae is a man of few words, but you can measure how well you're doing by the look on his face and communication is mostly non-verbal anyway, innit. Came away with a bunch of new feints and combos, some tricks and some good ringcraft as well as ironing out some of my bad habits.

The only down side is carpet - that is a thing, take tape, take lots of tape with you to stop your feet getting ragged to shit. It wasn't too much of an issue when I was there because it wasn't crowded so I spent most of my time in the ring, but it is a bit of an issue.

Also spent a few days at Sumalee, wasn't a massive fan to be honest, it's not bad, it's just not my cup of tea. It's very well marketed and everything is nice and shiny and the accommodation looks pretty good, but I did feel a bit rinsed and pressured to take privates.

FYI, Rattachai gym in Phuket is having a promotion this month. They posted it to the facebook page. 1 month of classes for only 8,000 baht. Pretty good price to train with a 3x Lumpinee champ. Kru Nai, fighting name Rattanachai Wor. Valapol, is a super nice guy, but works you on the pads. I can also vouch for Kru Tom.

This is a pretty good deal because the gym is new and nice with 2 rings, but its still small as it just opened up this year so its not flooded with students yet.

Rattachai gym Facebook
Rattachai gym homepage

Rattachai gym down Chalong road to? damn that whole street is nothing but gyms haha I love it :D

Rattachai gym down Chalong road to? damn that whole street is nothing but gyms haha I love it :D

yeah man, he just opened it up in march i believe. i was there just weeks after he opened the doors. nice little gym for sure. just one street over from tiger.

yeah man, he just opened it up in march i believe. i was there just weeks after he opened the doors. nice little gym for sure. just one street over from tiger.[/QUOTE

Awesome I have to check it out :icon_evil

Is the new 3 storey plaza/arcade already built down that road?

Back