multiple people talking to you at once

That's the only way women know how to communicate (multiple girls). I have a hard time talking to just one person...

i fucking hate that shit, and it happens to me a lot. i spend a lot of time on the phone at work

im really good at multitasking like i can follow the phone conversation while shitposting on sherdog or something, but i cant focus my hearing on two conversations at once

so i leave a post it thing and a pen on the edge of my desk so when someone runs in to tell me something, i just point at it and tell them to write it down, then i just give them a thumbs up or write down an answer

been a life saver

I used e-mail for any inter company conversation. It allows the other person to answer when they can as well as provides a record of the conversation. I also copied my home e-mail on these conversations in case the company wanted to erase any record. We had an assistant manager who liked to tell people to do something then deny it later.

i work with kids so i get talked at alot by numerous sources, easiest way to deal with it is identify the kid you should probably pay attention to first, then everyone else gets "uh huh" or "oh yeah, right on". That's served me well.

lmao, my mom does that shit too

whats worse is everytime my mom says something, in ANY situation, she first just says your name, then pauses and then talks. sometimes if you dont acknowledge her saying your name, shell just keep repeating it until you stop and acknowledge her

when she does it multiple times in a row, making me acknowledge her over and over, i fucking lose it

"PWENT!... ... whens your sister getting here"
i dont know, she said shes on her way
"PWENT!... when did you talk to her"
10 minutes ago when i was driving here
"PWENT! ... PWENT... PWENT... do you want to try texting her?"
me:<1>

Your mother acts like Sheldon Cooper?

When it happens, a good thing to do is disregard what any of them are saying, and keep blurting out phrases that have nothing to do with the conversation like "you know what they say, when in Rome!"

That's a good way to tell if someone's stupid or has too much ego and must make you choose who to listen to.

If someone just talks over someone else, especially if i'm talking to someone and another person tries to drown me out like i'm invisible, i just look said offender in the eye with a facial expression that says, "are you fucking serious, you prick?" That person will get sheepish and realize they were a douche and apologize and say "excuse me." If it's a coworker i don't care for who's trying to interrupt i just ignore them until i'm done speaking with first person. Fuck your lack of manners.

You know there is a type of smile where you smile but isn't genuinely smiling and is blanked in your mind? I usually does that while the two/more on my left/right talks while I face the front not looking at any of them.

I get it pretty often as well.

I can't stand when multiple people talk to me at once, especially if one person sees youre in conversation and just walks over and starts talking at the same time as the other person.

I made a mistake and broke character with one girl in my office when she brought up north korea, and gave a detailed complex answer. Now, her and her fellow hen keep coming over to me and talking to me about it, and they both talk at the same time, completely ignoring if the other one is talking. At the same time, theres a guy who wont shut the fuck up about earthquakes because apparently there was an earthquake in mexico city.

So I'm trying to type something and there are two girls standing across my desk talking at the same time. While theyre talking, theres a guy yelling my name to get my attention "(PWENT)! (PWENT)!", but of course neither girl pauses for me to acknowledge the guy.

I want to yell and tell everyone to shut the fuck up, but I'm not trying to create that environment, so I'm considering just running out of the office.
Most people are socially retarded and are only concerned with getting their point out when they should be listening instead.

Back