Multiple Personalities? Oblivian's Diet Log

If I was logging my food info for the last few months, it would give a paleo enthusiast a panic attack. The photos alone would make their health drop significantly. When it comes to strength, grains FTW!

6:45 AM: 4 egg omelet with diced peppers, green onions, and mexican blend cheese. 2-3 cups of coffee with 1/3 scoop of protein as creamer.

9:00 AM: handful of almonds

11:00 AM: apple

1:00 PM: spinach salad with chicken, feta cheese, diced peppers, cherry tomatoes, green onions, and a bit of ranch

5:30 PM: Pan seared salmon over a spinach salad with feta cheese, cherry tomatoes, green onions, and a bit of italian dressing.

SalmonoverSpinachSalad.jpg

6:30 PM: Pre-workout cup of green tea

7:00 PM: Peri-workout Smoothie (cup of yogurt, banana, ice, water, oversized scoop of protein, 2 scoops of creatine, Cellucor C4 Extreme Beta Test - free trial)

9:00 PM: bowl of Go Lean cereal with milk

If I was logging my food info for the last few months, it would give a paleo enthusiast a panic attack.

Same here, and I'm an anti-grain'er. A few months of "dirty bulking" with my nemesis of nutrition added in and all my #'s went back up significantly.

That salmon looks awesome, I've yet to master pan frying anything other than beef (skirt steaks, etc), so my fish gets baked. What temp/time and such do you use? I've ruined some pretty nice slabs of salmon in my day trying...

Same here, and I'm an anti-grain'er. A few months of "dirty bulking" with my nemesis of nutrition added in and all my #'s went back up significantly.

That salmon looks awesome, I've yet to master pan frying anything other than beef (skirt steaks, etc), so my fish gets baked. What temp/time and such do you use? I've ruined some pretty nice slabs of salmon in my day trying...

You have to have the heat up high on the pan. I add in olive oil and just sear each side for maybe 2 minutes or so. While all that is going on, I have the oven preheating to around 425 lbs. I actually finish it in the oven wrapped in aluminum foil for 5 minutes or so. I never really time anything, so I just go by feel. The skin should peel right off when it's out of the oven. If I try to do it all on the stove, it's either undercooked for my taste or it gets too burnt on the outside.

I cook steak very similar to how I cook salmon minus the aluminum foil wrap. Maybe a little less time in the oven though.

6:45 AM: 4 egg omelet with diced peppers, green onions, and mexican blend cheese. 2-3 cups of coffee with 1/3 scoop of protein as creamer.

1:00 PM: Pan seared salmon over a spinach salad with feta cheese, cherry tomatoes, green onions, and a bit of italian dressing.

5:30 PM: BBQ Short Ribs, Mashed Potatoes, Side of Broccoli

BBQShortRibs.jpg

11:00 PM - 1:00 AM: Smoothies (2 cups of yogurt, 1/2 banana, berries, lots of ice, water, oversized scoop of protein)

7:00 AM: 4 egg omelet with red and green peppers + mexican blend cheese, 3-4 cups of coffee with 1/2 scoop of protein as creamer

9:00 AM: Peri-workout smoothie (cup of yogurt, banana, ice, water, 1 oversized scoop of protein, C4 Extreme - from free sample)

11:30 AM: Red Beans + Rice + Turkey Sausage - topped with a bit of cheddar cheese; small glass of milk

TurkeySausageRedBeansRice.jpg

3:00 PM: cup of yogurt with handful of pecans

6:00 PM: Dinner at brewery - one roll with butter, side salad with ranch, 12 oz. sirloin steak with side of asparagus and peppers

9:00 PM: Smoothie (cup of yogurt, ice, water, berries, oversized scoop of protein)

7:30 AM: 4 egg omelet with red and green peppers + mexican blend cheese, 3-4 cups of coffee with 1/2 scoop of protein as creamer

10:00 AM: Apple + pre-workout cup of green tea + B-complex vitamin

10:30 AM: Peri-workout smoothie (cup of yogurt, banana, ice, water, 1 oversized scoop of protein, C4 Extreme - from free sample)

1:00 PM: Mixed green salad with chicken, cherry tomatoes, mozzarella cheese.

5:00 PM: Two bowls of turkey chili

9:30 PM: Smoothie (cup of yogurt, ice, water, berries, oversized scoop of protein) + some cheddar cheese popcorn

6:45 AM: 4 egg omelet with spinach, diced cherry tomatoes, green onions, and feta cheese

1:00 PM: mixed green salad with chicken, cherry tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, and ranch dressing

5:00 PM: warmed up turkey sausage, red beans + rice, cheese

9:00 PM: smoothie (cup of yogurt, ice, water, berries, 1/2 banana, 1 oversized scoop of protein)

6:45 AM: 4 egg omelet with spinach, diced cherry tomatoes, green onions, and feta cheese

1:00 PM: spinach salad with chicken, cherry tomatoes, diced peppers, green onion, feta cheese, and ranch dressing

5:30 PM: 4 full size chicken wings, mashed potatoes, peas

ChickenWingsMashedPotatoesPeas.jpg

6:30 PM: Pre-workout cup of green tea; B-Complex vitamin

7:00 PM: Peri-workout smoothie (cup of yogurt, ice, water, banana, oversized scoop of whey, 2 scoops of creatine, 1 scoop of cellucor c4 extreme)

9:30 PM: Glass of milk

6:45 AM: 4 egg omelet with spinach, diced cherry tomatoes, green onions, and feta cheese; 2-3 cups of coffee with 1/4 scoop of protein as creamer

1:00 PM: spinach salad with chicken, cherry tomatoes, diced peppers, green onion, feta cheese, and ranch dressing

5:30 PM: veggie blend fettucine alfredo with chicken and broccoli

VeggieBlendFettucineAlfredo.jpg

7:30 PM: Pre-workout cup of green tea; B-Complex vitamin

10:00 PM:smoothie (cup of yogurt, ice, water, 1/2 banana, berries oversized scoop of whey)

The pasta looks really simple but damn tasty!

Also, how does protein sit in your coffee? Does it not clump up?

I was wondering this also. I almost always drink my coffee black (unless Irish Creme is available) and I never consume protein powder. If the addition of protein powder doesn't detract from the enjoyment of coffee I'd be down to give it a go.

The pasta looks really simple but damn tasty!

I was wondering this also. I almost always drink my coffee black (unless Irish Creme is available) and I never consume protein powder. If the addition of protein powder doesn't detract from the enjoyment of coffee I'd be down to give it a go.

The only protein that really works is the Body Fortress protein - the really cheap shit at WalMart or Target. It's texture is almost like that of sugar - very crystalized. Just stir the shit out of it and you'll be fine. I've had it clump when I used ON or another brand.

6:45 AM: 4 egg omelet with spinach, diced cherry tomatoes, green onions, and feta cheese; 2-3 cups of coffee with 1/3 scoop of protein as creamer

5:30 PM: Part of a porterhouse, loaded baked potato

PartofaPorterhouseloadedbakedpotato.jpg

6:30 PM: Pre-workout cup of green tea; B-Complex vitamin

7:00 PM: Peri-workout smoothie (cup of yogurt, ice, water, banana, oversized scoop of whey, 2 scoops of creatine, 1 scoop of cellucor c4 extreme)

9:00 PM: Glass of milk

Took the day off work yesterday. Ended up losing 2 lbs by only eating two big meals besides my smoothie. Slept in too, which helped curb any hunger.

10:30 AM: large spinach salad with a chicken breast, 2 diced hardboiled eggs, cherry tomatoes, red + green peppers, green onions, ranch dressing; 3-4 cups of coffee with roughly 1/2 scoop of protein as creamer

5:30 PM: Fried pork chop, fried potatoes, green beans

pork.jpg

8:30 PM: Smoothie (cup of yogurt, ice, water, 1/2 banana, berries, oversized scoop of protein)

NOTE: I am reflooring the computer room over the weekend. I'm also off work Monday, so I won't be logging food intake until Tuesday.

My routine and diet have been all fucked up since starting the home renovations. I should be done by next week. This is what I ate yesterday:

6:45 AM: 3 egg omelet with spinach, green onion, feta, cherry tomatoes; 2-3 cups of coffee with 1/3 scoop of protein as creamer

1:00 PM: spinach salad with feta cheese, cherry tomatoes, chicken, ranch dressing

6:00 PM: dinner at mexican restaurant: too many chips and salsa, 4 chicken enchiladas with guacomole, sour cream, pico de gallo, lettuce

6:45 AM: 3 egg omelet with spinach, green onion, feta, cherry tomatoes; 2-3 cups of coffee with 1/3 scoop of protein as creamer

1:00 PM: spinach salad with feta cheese, cherry tomatoes, chicken, ranch dressing

5:30 PM: stuffed salmon pinwheel with a small baked potato loaded with butter, cheddar cheese, and broccoli

8:00 PM: smoothie (cup of yogurt, ice, water, 1/2 banana, berries, oversized scoop of protein)

5:30 PM: two whole grain hard tacos with lean ground beef (lettuce, onion, salsa, sour cream)

8:00 PM: smoothie (cup of yogurt, ice, water, 1/2 banana, berries, oversized scoop of protein)

6:45 AM: 3 egg omelet with spinach, green onion, feta, cherry tomatoes; 3-4 cups of coffee with 1/2 scoop of protein as creamer

SpinachFetaTomatoGreenOnionOmelet.jpg

5:30 PM: bowl of teriyaki steak stir fry

6:15 AM: 3 egg omelet with spinach, green onion, feta, cherry tomatoes; 3-4 cups of coffee with 1/2 scoop of protein as creamer

8:00 AM: Peri-workout smoothie (cup of yogurt, ice, water, banana, oversized scoop of whey, 2 scoops of creatine, 1 scoop of cellucor c4 extreme)

Noon: Lunch at Texas Roadhouse: 1 roll with cinnamon butter, 3 grilled shrimp for appetizer, side salad with ranch, 12 oz. New York Strip w/ sweet potato + butter

4:00 PM: apple + handful of almonds

6:30 PM: Totinos supreme pizza w/ added mozzarella cheese

9:00-11:30 PM: 2 smoothies (2 cups of yogurt, a lot of ice, water, berries, banana, 2 scoops of protein)

Noon: Takeout from a sports bar: grilled chicken wrap (grilled chicken, lettuce, onion, bacon, mayo, tomato) + side of broccoli

3:00 PM: Pre-workout cup of green tea, B-complex vitamin

3:30 PM: Peri-workout smoothie (cup of yogurt, ice, water, banana, oversized scoop of whey, 2 scoops of creatine, 1 scoop of cellucor c4 extreme)

6:00 PM: 8 oz Sirloin, Loaded baked potato

8ozSirloinLoadedBakedPotato.jpg

10:00 PM: Smoothie (cup of yogurt, a lot of ice, water, berries, 1/2 banana, oversized scoop of protein)

Back