Muscle Milk - your take on it?

infamy said:
they are 1 serving, not big. the number is on the cytosport site
They'll send you free samples out of the blue?

Help me out. I want to try all their flavors. Do I have to place an order for a tub to get these?

Madmick said:
They'll send you free samples out of the blue?

Help me out. I want to try all their flavors. Do I have to place an order for a tub to get these?
Just give them a call and they should be able to hook you up.

so, i'm seeing here that we should have whey, post workout and muscle milk at night ....but i looked at my muscle milk today, and w/ the cassein is a whey concentrate.

also,

i remember someone saying a downside was that it contains "sucralose" as a sweetner....why is this bad?

It's an artificial sweetener, so I guess it depends on who you believe as to whether that is harmful or not.

jkuhlmann said:
so, i'm seeing here that we should have whey, post workout and muscle milk at night ....but i looked at my muscle milk today, and w/ the cassein is a whey concentrate.
I dont believe that Muscle Milk is a pure casein but a blend of whey and casein, either way you will still want to stick with whey after a work out and casein any other time.

It's really good but, you should def. take it before you go to bed because of the Case In proteins in it.

I suggest regular Whey Protein post workout and MM before you go to bed.

There's a popular study that companies like Biotest and others have brought up concerning participants taking whey or casein post workout. The Casein made greater body comp gains. Always gets mentioned when somebody's pushing their protein blends, but gets ignored when the same companies push their whey isolates and hydrosylates as post workout gold.

Discussion and references found under "Protein Intake, Timing, and Supplements" Section
http://www.johnberardi.com/articles/supplementation/prosuper.htm

Also of interest:
"As a final note, in unpublished data by myself and colleagues, we looked at the body comp effects a variety of protein powders have on novice lifters. We compared gel-filtered whey, ion exchange whey, casein, soy and maltodextrin. What did we find? Nada! No reliable differences over a six-week period! In relative support of Cy, however, the casein group slightly outgrew the other groups in upper arm muscle. But again, the differences weren't statistically significant. The take home message is that no one is blowing passed his training buddy in six weeks just because he eats a different protein!"
Dr. Lonnie Lowery

im just going to take MM before and after my workouts because i work out late at night before i go to bed.

before bed ONLY? or should i take it pre workout like it says? just wondering if its enough to take it before bed only.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pavy
Back