Muscle Milk - your take on it?

Mocha Joe's my favorite plus it has caffeine in it, so I start every morning with it. Chocolate Mint Chip is my runner up. I've also had Dulce de Leche, Pina Colada, Strawberry, Chocolate Peanut Butter, Cookies n Cream and Vanilla. I'm probably forgetting something. They're all really fucking good.

goddamn so many to choose... is there a flavor NOT to get? lol

screw this, im gonna hit up cytosport for free samples, wonder if they'll hook me up with every flavor

I love the badger milk...

Vanilla Creme and Chocolate Milk are amazing, but I'm only lukewarm on Cookies 'n Creme.

I will say that despite what the research may say about MCTs, I noticed that I lost a considerable amount of fat when I stopped taking it for four weeks.

My heartbeat goes out of control when I take whey protein and I only take like 24grams of it w/some skim milk. I only took it once and thought I was going to die from a heartattack so the hell w/that shit Im sticking to my greens, meat and natural dairy products.

duckbillstyle said:
My heartbeat goes out of control when I take whey protein and I only take like 24grams of it w/some skim milk. I only took it once and thought I was going to die from a heartattack so the hell w/that shit Im sticking to my greens, meat and natural dairy products.

Well, you're in luck because Muscle Milk is mostly casein.

P.S. Your heart did not react to whey protein. It was something else. Taking it once is not a very good sample size for drawing your conclusion.

Anybody know an online supplement store to buy Muscle Milk N Oats?? Maybe a site you guys have used and had good luck with?

BillyTheKid said:
Anybody know an online supplement store to buy Muscle Milk N Oats?? Maybe a site you guys have used and had good luck with?

That shits kinda expensive (but damn good). I just mix a serving of muscle milk with some regualr quaker oatmeal and nuke it with some water, works fine and comes out cheaper. But if ya wanna buy some try dps nutrition they have them for $24 for 12

duckbillstyle said:

What kind of protein were you taking? It shouldnt of had any affect on your heart rate!

Clint07 said:
That shits kinda expensive (but damn good). I just mix a serving of muscle milk with some regualr quaker oatmeal and nuke it with some water, works fine and comes out cheaper. But if ya wanna buy some try dps nutrition they have them for $24 for 12

thanks for the help

I Have A ? Should U Take Protein Shakes W/water Or Milk And If Milk Which Is Best Whole, Low Fat, Soy,or Skim

RoCk STar G said:
I Have A ? Should U Take Protein Shakes W/water Or Milk And If Milk Which Is Best Whole, Low Fat, Soy,or Skim

Breast.

Depends on your goals. Generally I would say just mix your post-workout shake with water because you want to keep the sugar:protein ratio in-tact. Otherwise, for any other time of the day, if you're trying to put on some weight, I don't see any problem with using milk. In general I would avoid soy. If you're a skinny bastard, go ahead and throw some whole in there. Scale down accordingly.

I found quite a few reviews mentioning sucralose

like this one:
I have been taking Muscle Milk for two weeks. I lost an inch off my waist and gained ~4 pounds. Of course I should mention I also started weight training (~45min/day) and cycling (~2hr/day). I ordered the Vanilla flavor and I liked the taste (my mom and sister like it too) so I decided to buy the orange creme and chocolate flavors too. After doing so I found out Muscle Milk contains sucralose and acesulfame potassium (two artificial sweeteners). Next time I order I will buy one of the natural flavors (chocolate and vanilla).
http://reviews.bodybuildingforyou.com/cytosport/muscle-milk.htm

and this one:
Why Sucralose
Nice product, but like every Casein protein product on the market - you insist on including unnecessary artificial sweeteners like Sucralose. Try FRUCTOSE instead. Reducing the cholesterol content would be a big plus as well. I have seen other products with as low as 7mg of cholesterol per scoop.
Reviewer: Mitch from NJ, USA on July 21, 2006
http://www.nicemuscle.com/muscle-milk-81128.htm

- - -

should this be a cause for "considerable" concern?
i'm trying to choose some flavors, and i heard some good stuff about cookie/creme, i was wanting another recommended flavor. plan to get 2 tubs. much appreciated.

lol@reducing the cholesterol.

The cholesterol in Muscle Milk is 3 fuckin' milligrams.

I've seen whey protein isolates with over 20.

King Kabuki said:
lol@reducing the cholesterol.

The cholesterol in Muscle Milk is 3 fuckin' milligrams.

I've seen whey protein isolates with over 20.

Not to mention, per os ingestion of cholesterol has almost zero bearing of serum cholesterol levels.

And even though I just skimmed this thread due to most of it being old, I noticed a MM & Oats reference. One of my friends gave me a serving of this last week, and wow... I was unimpressed to say the least. It is like trying to eat animal bedding. Making regular oats and adding a scoop of protein powder is much tastier and better textured, IMO. Plus, you aren't even getting the MCTs and EFAs that regular Muscle Milk contains! It only has 3g fat per serving.

~Terumo

I just got free samples in the mail of muscle milk.

I got Banana Creme, Chocolate Milk, Dulce de Leche, Strawberry Milkshake, Vanilla Creme, and Cookies n' Creme.

I wanted to try the blueberries n' creme, choc banana, choc mint, and mocha joe, i was going to call today but i think ill call on monday so it wont be so fast im calling back asking for more samples LOL

infamy said:
I just got free samples in the mail of muscle milk.

I got Banana Creme, Chocolate Milk, Dulce de Leche, Strawberry Milkshake, Vanilla Creme, and Cookies n' Creme.

I wanted to try the blueberries n' creme, choc banana, choc mint, and mocha joe, i was going to call today but i think ill call on monday so it wont be so fast im calling back asking for more samples LOL

FREEBIES!!!!!!!11

how big are they? post the # please.

they are 1 serving, not big. the number is on the cytosport site

what is the review on Dulce de Leche? i went ahead with that flavor since i read it was becoming very popular

Back