Muscle Milk - your take on it?

Monger said:
It's not that you "shouldn't" take MM directly PWO. It's just that there are better supplements for PWO and some are cheaper. Countdown, Endurox, and Biotest Surge are all better suited for directly after intense exercise than MM. This is only PWO though, any other time in the day MM is most likely superior. www.dpsnutrition.com was selling 28 servings of Countdown for $18. That's an unbeatable price.

Nice price!

MadMick's PWO drink thread is very worthwhile, too. I customized a batch of hydrolyzed whey based powder at TrueProtein.com according to Mick's logic.

fat_wilhelm said:
Nice price!

MadMick's PWO drink thread is very worthwhile, too. I customized a batch of hydrolyzed whey based powder at TrueProtein.com according to Mick's logic.

It's a great price. I'm not sure how long it will last though. I haven't been able to find out for sure but I believe that Countdown is being discontinued and Endurox is taking its place. They have very similar formulas and are made by the same company. I assume this is why Countdown is being sold so cheap. I've stocked up on a ton of it :D

fat_wilhelm said:
Yes, massnutrition.com - $18.50

http://www.massnutrition.com/categories.cfm?cur_man=CYTOSPORT

dpsnutrition.com is pretty close to that price, too, at $19.99 and could work out even better w/ quantity discounts, online coupons, etc.. I've ordered from both sites multiple times and they have great service.

http://www.dpsnutrition.net/get_by_39.htm

thanks for the links....w/ shipping on a single container, its about the same as i can do on a sale day at vitamin world.
free shipping on $200 orders though....if i'm ever stocking up

Monger said:
It's not that you "shouldn't" take MM directly PWO. It's just that there are better supplements for PWO and some are cheaper. Countdown, Endurox, and Biotest Surge are all better suited for directly after intense exercise than MM. This is only PWO though, any other time in the day MM is most likely superior. www.dpsnutrition.com was selling 28 servings of Countdown for $18. That's an unbeatable price.

Thanks for the info Monger!

I bought a RTD of muscle milk just for the hell of it, and everyone was spot on about the taste.

I'd drink it just because it tastes so damn good.

infamy said:
I usually just have a whey shake after every workout, a friend of mine recommended muscle milk, whats your take on it? good? bad?

A+ stuff for bulking up.

i like it, haven't used much of it but i plan on bulking up this winter and plan on using MM. I buy the RTD MM at target on occasion and they taste great.

No shit, I've been a consistent whey drinker, but after reading all of this, I think MM would what I'm looking for before bed. Ordered two tubs from musclemass. 18.50/tub ... Worth giving a shot to supplement the whey at that price

coopdro said:
No shit, I've been a consistent whey drinker, but after reading all of this, I think MM would what I'm looking for before bed. Ordered two tubs from musclemass. 18.50/tub ... Worth giving a shot to supplement the whey at that price

yeah, musclemass or massnutrition are great sites for deals...

tom_tko said:
I'm also really thinking about getting muscle milk because I've heard really good things about it.
The only thing I don't like is the price. Because a regular 2lb container contains 15 servings. So if you take it twice a day (1 pre w and 1 before bed) that's basically 1 week's worth.(if you take it 3 times a day then it'll only last 5 days) You're looking at a minimum of $20 a week. (and that doesn't include the whey that is good to take in addition usually post workout).

I was thinking of just taking a really good quality whey (like Optimum 100% whey) and then add creatine on the side.
Do you guys think that this would be a good alternative instead of muscle milk?

you got to space that out amongst your protein needs man.....gotta be eating and shit too

AND YES it is extremely good, i gained like 5 poudns right off the bat

i know this has been debated a billion times, but quoting that price is a terrible idea... there is definitely a month's worth of servings in a container and at 18.50 a container, there is really no other option.

from what ive heard for a bunch of guys muscle milk is some of the best tasting stuf out there. even though im almost positive it still doesnt taste that good. its a protein shake!

im gonna buy a 3-4 bundle of tubs... what 3-4 flavors should i get??

Chocolate Milk is always a safe bet and personally, I love the bannana.

mint? cookies n creme?... so far im gonna get chocolate, and strawberry, but for the next 2...????

Back