MVP to the UFC!?!

I'd still love to see it but I wouldn't have any sort of top 5 aspirations, even with favorable match making. I think Kevin Holland or Ian Garry would be the fights to make. Holland is just obvious potential for fireworks but is also one of the more favorable match ups MVP could get in the lower 10-15.

If I'm the UFC I sign him hype him up and feed him to Garry just to bolster his profile. If Garry lost you could move on knowing he's not championship material most likely but if he wins via KO you get to act like he's the new mcnugget.

Either way I think signing MVP can only Generate interest, for the right price tag it seems like a no-brainer just with how easy he would be to match make.

I don’t think MVP belongs in the UFC. I have no interest in seeing the UFC try to protect a washed one dimensional striker.
compared to the scrubs who are on the prelims every weekend? At least hes a name a lot of MMA fans know and his fights are exciting. I understand you might not think hes top 20 or whatever but the guy is a joy to watch.

How about he fights at MW at least f***ing ridiculous these guys that are naturally LHW's fighting at WW against 5'9 Logan Storley's, I never root for extreme weight cutters.

Wonderboy would obviously be the fight to make, but he already said he wouldn't be interested. Which is a bummer and makes no sense.

I guess failing that you could give him a guy who will stand and bang it out with him like Garry or Luque.
Because WB will fight for title after beating Shavkat

He should get heavier. 185 and 205 have somewhat less wrestlers. He got taken down by Paul Daley. His wrestling isn't really there.

How about he fights at MW at least f***ing ridiculous these guys that are naturally LHW's fighting at WW against 5'9 Logan Storley's, I never root for extreme weight cutters.

He's not an extreme weight cutter, he's just tall. Never missed weight that I'm aware of

Wonderboy would obviously be the fight to make, but he already said he wouldn't be interested. Which is a bummer and makes no sense.

I guess failing that you could give him a guy who will stand and bang it out with him like Garry or Luque.
I get visions of the two of them bouncing infront of each other for 15 mins not throwing a single strike.

WB said that? I respect him, but that’s some serious hypocritical shit right there since he has been direct about wanting to fight strikers. Are they training partners?
Why any self-respecting top 10 UFC ranked guy would bother to fight a gimmick fighter? Is not like back in the day when everyone would be fast-tracked or kept just for having a British passport. We've got Leon an Aspinall now.

He got wrestlefucked by Paul Daley that's what i think.

I think the Perry thing is harsh. Kicking is a massive part of MVPs game. He doesn't really have a style suited to BKFC. He does seem to fancy himself as a good boxer, but he's not. He's best when he's being a pressure kicker/sniper who mixes his strikes up and confuses people.
Alright, that might have been a bit harsh, especially since Platinum Perry is a beast in bare knuckle boxing (Luke Rockhold spoke in lenght about the differences between striking bare knuckle compared to MMA, boxing or kickboxing gloves)

But the way MVP was hyped up long ago, you'd think that he would be able to out-karate some much smaller guy with a much smaller frame, and Page was such a big favorite to win...

I don't know if Page styling on some 2-13 and a 3-18-1 "pro boxers" gave him too much confidence, but he really didn't look good in there.

(damn, just noticed that the 2-13 dude, Michal Ciach,

boxed on the Tyson Fury vs Whyte card from last year, in which Tommy Fury fought his pre-Jake Paul match, and David Aleyeye won his pre-Ngannou-Fury card match... he got smashed by former Olympic Youth gold medalist (and eventual WBC title contender) Karol Itauma

Looking at his record, seems like "Ciacho" has actually fought on some relatively big cards over the years despite never winning)

Anyway, I have to admit that I might be a tad biased against MVP, because even if I know the ol' "pro fighters aren't supposed to be role models" argument, I still find it distasteful how MVP goes out of his way to humiliate random journeymen who got picked to give Page an easy win.

Like when he got KTFO by Douglas Lima, Bellator immediately gave "Venom" some much smaller noob, Richard Kiely, who was 0-2 in amateur MMA and 3-1 in pro MMA, the betting odds were crazy

But MVP still spent the entire build up making it personal & talking shit about his opponent, that he "hardly even trains because his opponent sucks, that he would finish him in the first round easy, blablabla scrub blabla"
(in the post fight interview he immediately repeated that he didn't even bother training for that fight)

Yeah, maybe stop cherry-picking if you're not happy fighting scrubs? <Hendricks02> It's not like it's out of your hands.

Page had experience, height and reach on his opponent, and still managed to lose a point because he spent so much time showboating and dunking on his opponent and then being an asshole after knocking him down ><

I had already my doubts on MVP because of the Cyborg fight, throwing a pokeball at his almost dead body was pretty tasteless, but I figured he hadn't realized how badly hurt the poor washed up Santos was.

Anyway, long story short, I don't mind fighters who showboat, but the difference between the guys like Anderson Silva, Sakuraba, Genki Sudo, Diaz brothers, etc is that they were doing it against dangerous fighters, while Page does it to randos that Bellator cherry-picked just for him.

But it's also kind of a shame that his career went this way.
Look at it this way:
His first fight in Bellator was in 2013, that's a full decade from today, and MVP spent most of his time there fighting the lowest guys he could get away with.

He only got to fight for a vacant WW belt 9 years into his Bellator run (thanks to a very controversial split decision win over Lima, that at the time almost all the MMA medias scored against him http://mmadecisions.com/decision/12581/Michael-Page-vs-Douglas-Lima ),
and lost to Logan Storley.

Then he tried his luck at BKFC, lost there too, to someone considered then a washed up MMA fighter who won a fun brawl in BKFC against TUF's Julian Lane, but MVP was a pretty big favorite to win that one, and no one gave Platinum a shot.
It's a bit harder to find the odds for that fight than the usual BKFC main events, which is a tad strange, but some sites had Page at -400 & Perry @ +300

It's only after Perry won against MVP and then Rockhold that he gained the crazy reputation that he enjoys today (and good for him, I've always liked that dude, can't wait to watch him brawl with Eddie Alvarez next week!
BKFC 56
)

I wouldn't mind seeing MVP on some UK card, preferably against an actual elite fighter for a change, but usually the UFC doesn't sign Bellator's sloppy seconds, it's supposed to be the other way around.

Alright, that might have been a bit harsh, especially since Platinum Perry is a beast in bare knuckle boxing (Luke Rockhold spoke in lenght about the differences between striking bare knuckle compared to MMA, boxing or kickboxing gloves)

But the way MVP was hyped up long ago, you'd think that he would be able to out-karate some much smaller guy with a much smaller frame, and Page was such a big favorite to win...

I don't know if Page styling on some 2-13 and a 3-18-1 "pro boxers" gave him too much confidence, but he really didn't look good in there.

(damn, just noticed that the 2-13 dude, Michal Ciach,

boxed on the Tyson Fury vs Whyte card from last year, in which Tommy Fury fought his pre-Jake Paul match, and David Aleyeye won his pre-Ngannou-Fury card match... he got smashed by former Olympic Youth gold medalist (and eventual WBC title contender) Karol Itauma

Looking at his record, seems like "Ciacho" has actually fought on some relatively big cards over the years despite never winning)

Anyway, I have to admit that I might be a tad biased against MVP, because even if I know the ol' "pro fighters aren't supposed to be role models" argument, I still find it distasteful how MVP goes out of his way to humiliate random journeymen who got picked to give Page an easy win.

Like when he got KTFO by Douglas Lima, Bellator immediately gave "Venom" some much smaller noob, Richard Kiely, who was 0-2 in amateur MMA and 3-1 in pro MMA, the betting odds were crazy

But MVP still spent the entire build up making it personal & talking shit about his opponent, that he "hardly even trains because his opponent sucks, that he would finish him in the first round easy, blablabla scrub blabla"
(in the post fight interview he immediately repeated that he didn't even bother training for that fight)

Yeah, maybe stop cherry-picking if you're not happy fighting scrubs? <Hendricks02> It's not like it's out of your hands.

Page had experience, height and reach on his opponent, and still managed to lose a point because he spent so much time showboating and dunking on his opponent and then being an asshole after knocking him down ><

I had already my doubts on MVP because of the Cyborg fight, throwing a pokeball at his almost dead body was pretty tasteless, but I figured he hadn't realized how badly hurt the poor washed up Santos was.

Anyway, long story short, I don't mind fighters who showboat, but the difference between the guys like Anderson Silva, Sakuraba, Genki Sudo, Diaz brothers, etc is that they were doing it against dangerous fighters, while Page does it to randos that Bellator cherry-picked just for him.

But it's also kind of a shame that his career went this way.
Look at it this way:
His first fight in Bellator was in 2013, that's a full decade from today, and MVP spent most of his time there fighting the lowest guys he could get away with.

He only got to fight for a vacant WW belt 9 years into his Bellator run (thanks to a very controversial split decision win over Lima, that at the time almost all the MMA medias scored against him http://mmadecisions.com/decision/12581/Michael-Page-vs-Douglas-Lima ),
and lost to Logan Storley.

Then he tried his luck at BKFC, lost there too, to someone considered then a washed up MMA fighter who won a fun brawl in BKFC against TUF's Julian Lane, but MVP was a pretty big favorite to win that one, and no one gave Platinum a shot.
It's a bit harder to find the odds for that fight than the usual BKFC main events, which is a tad strange, but some sites had Page at -400 & Perry @ +300

It's only after Perry won against MVP and then Rockhold that he gained the crazy reputation that he enjoys today (and good for him, I've always liked that dude, can't wait to watch him brawl with Eddie Alvarez next week!
BKFC 56
)

I wouldn't mind seeing MVP on some UK card, preferably against an actual elite fighter for a change, but usually the UFC doesn't sign Bellator's sloppy seconds, it's supposed to be the other way around.

Tbf I think he was a can crusher for a while but not recently. In his last three fights he's fought Lima, Storley and Goiti, all top 5 in the division in Bellator.

He also isn't sloppy seconds, dude is 17-2 in Bellator.

Why any self-respecting top 10 UFC ranked guy would bother to fight a gimmick fighter? Is not like back in the day when everyone would be fast-tracked or kept just for having a British passport. We've got Leon an Aspinall now.
WB has expressed interest in only fighting strikers. MVP fight would prob be a good fight and draw some $, particularly if it’s MVP’s first fight in UFC. I personally can’t stand MVP and his arrogance, but seems like a winnable no-brainer for WB if he loses to Shavkat (even if he won I don’t see him ever competing for a title again after his losses to Belal and Gilbert, so why not?).

Lots of potential fun fights at 170 with Holland, Garry, Luque, Thompson, Della Maddalena or even Michel Pereira or Shara Bullet at 185

Tbf I think he was a can crusher for a while but not recently. In his last three fights he's fought Lima, Storley and Goiti, all top 5 in the division in Bellator.

He also isn't sloppy seconds, dude is 17-2 in Bellator.
Oof, I had completely forgotten about the Goiti fight; That was indeed a solid win, but it ended so fast after a leg kick (just checked it, it lasted 26 seconds) that I had wiped it from my brain I guess
I didn't know that Goiti was top 5 in Bellator, but I kinda doubt he was even top 20 in the real world
Solid win anyway
I thought he was leaving Bellator straight after a loss (and a controversial split decision win just before that), and then lost at BKFC against Perry (close fight, but still), and then went knocking at the UFC door
My bad

WB has expressed interest in only fighting strikers. MVP fight would prob be a good fight and draw some $, particularly if it’s MVP’s first fight in UFC. I personally can’t stand MVP and his arrogance, but seems like a winnable no-brainer for WB if he loses to Shavkat (even if he won I don’t see him ever competing for a title again after his losses to Belal and Gilbert, so why not?).
Well, Wonderboy didn't straight up say that he would never fight MVP, he just said, when asked what he thought about a potential fight against him, that the timing for MVP joining the UFC (if he does) kinda sucks because they started trained a few months ago and WB already considers Page a good friend, and he thought he would be a good fight for Shara Bullet and another couple names he dropped.

And ok sure, that's why we have those media scrums after all, so the journalists have stuff to write about, but I didn't take it as a "no, I refuse, tell Dana I don't want to fight"

Back