My Cat Caught a Mongoose

HomeCheese

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
My cat caught a mongoose the other day, really surprised me. The mongoose is super stealthy no the mention quick and very capable of defending itself, claws and teeth. I think the mongoose is part of the same family that cats, dogs and raccoons come from. Anyway I didn't think he would even mess with one TBH.

My cat is very sweet but he really loves to hunt and has always had that instinct. I got him from the shelter at around 8 weeks and he has completely taught himself how to do it. Catches mice which he eats and rats which he leaves on the deck. He brings one or two birds but gets scolded by me so doesn't go for the birds for the most part. Sadly I did find a dead barn owl on my driveway with my cat sitting next to it.

I hope it's okay to post a pic, I won't post the vid where he brakes it's back. It was still very much alive at this point.
IMG_0304.PNG
IMG_0298.jpg

Last edited:
I doubt that, it's skunks that get intoxicated. No-one says drunk as a mongoose, it's always drunk as a skunk innit ?
That's probably when they want to bust a rhyme.

Hell yes!

I love cats.

Seems like you’ve got a good one there.

In a similar thread I took my nephews to their TKD class last week and while outside I saw a red hawk ripping a squirrel to bits. I watched him eat the squirrel and shit occasionally for about 20 min. It was brutal, at one point he ripped the head clean off. Didn’t seem to give any fucks either, a small crowd gathered to watch and he didn’t budge until he was done picking the squirrels bones,

One time there was a mouse clinging to the side of my house like a spider, barely hanging on for dear life, because my cat was sitting patiently underneath waiting for it to fall.

So I nudged the mouse and made him fall so my cat could kill it. And that stupid cat ran up to within an inch and then just sat there and let the mouse run away. What a pussy.

I can't get too mad though, I think the cat's confused because my wife yells at it every time it catches a bird, so I think the cat now believes that we don't want it to kill things.

Long story short: your cat > my cat

My cat is useless.
I once got up for a Midnight snack, walked in the kitchen and saw that a mouse was eating from my cat's dry food bowl, and my cat was sitting in a chair and looking at it.

The mouse got done eating and walked away. My cat didn't do anything.

A couple days later I caught that mouse in a mouse trap and tossed it to my cat. The fucker had the nerve to eat it.

Would it get me the duds if I posted a pic of the dead owl? You guys interested or os that bad form?

I don't feel good about the hole owl thing.

My cat caught a mongoose the other day, really surprised me. The mongoose is super stealthy no the mention quick and very capable of defending itself, claws and teeth. I think the mongoose is part of the same family that cats, dogs and raccoons come from. Anyway I didn't think he would even mess with one TBH.

My cat is very sweet but he really loves to hunt and has always had that instinct. I got him from the shelter at around 8 weeks and he has completely taught himself how to do it. Catches mice which he eats and rats which he leaves on the deck. He brings one or two birds but gets scolded by me so doesn't go for the birds for the most part. Sadly I did find a dead barn owl on my driveway with my cat sitting next to it.

I hope it's okay to post a pic, I won't post the vid where he brakes it's back. It was still very much alive at this point.
View attachment 850573
View attachment 850574
Man that’s awesome. My dog keeps them away from my chickens but I’ve never seen him catch one.

Looks like a squirrel.

I came to type this.

Nice try thread starter, that's like saying my eagle town down a wolf, and you post a picture of your eagle with a chihuahua.
We don’t even have squirrels out here. That’s a mongoose, doesn’t look like a squirrel at all

To be safe, you should take your cat to the vet and get a check up for rabies, or whatever disease that mongoose may have.

Still a little sad seeing that pic, wish I hadn't. Seeing the poor guy like that.

Nice kill for the cat though. Love cats with all my heart.

Back