My first day in a boxing class from AKB/TaeKwonDo

Nope. The body follows through the motion just like in boxing. In patterns it does not, but instructors don't want literal applications of the kata. What a TKDoin lack is practical application, tactics, angles, and of course the allowance to throw the punch in sparring.

So... everything that makes a hook actually effective in boxing?

So when a boxer throws a hook or any other boxing punch from an unorthodox stance, he is no longer throwing the hook punch?

Read what I said. You're still throwing a hook, you're just throwing a terrible hook.

You didn't respond to what I wrote either.

I did, your fault for not understanding.

TKD punches are just shitty boxing punches, like BJJ takedowns are shitty wrestling/judo takedowns.

TKD punches are just shitty boxing punches, like BJJ takedowns are shitty wrestling/judo takedowns.

There are shitty punchers in boxing too. Or maybe you think Saul Farah who fought my cousin here is any good

I am interested. Can you go to a TDD competition and knock down someone with hands? Are going to get disqualified or you legitly win? I am sorry my knowledge in the rule set is poor.
But deep down you'll know you won for real.

I'm guessing you meant TKD (typo?), yeah you could win with punches but there's a ban on it to the face so its gonna have to be a TKO to the body

But deep down you'll know you won for real.

I'm guessing you meant TKD (typo?), yeah you could win with punches but there's a ban on it to the face so its gonna have to be a TKO to the body

No you can punch the face in ITF Taekwondo. And we have boxing only sparring in the dojang just to train our hands. KO: are disqualified though unless it's PRO Taekwondo.

Last edited:
Adrian Granat was concidered the greatest HW prospect from Europe before Dimitrenko KOed him.

I grew up with him so I will not badmouth my dear cousin:)

Whether you think both are shitty or not: Point remains. Many boxers are also shitty punchers.

Adrian was ranked 22 in the world before the Dimitrenko fight.
Again doesn't really mean much. There are several ranking bodies and they all pick and choose the rules when it suits them. Who you know seems to matter just as much as who you've beat.

Again doesn't really mean much. There are several ranking bodies and they all pick and choose the rules when it suits them. Who you know seems to matter just as much as who you've beat.

Again, your'e missing the point.

Again, your'e missing the point.
Why did you even make the thread in the first place then if you're not open to any criticism?

You're new, don't have the technique right, and say you can't get power behind it. Yet more experienced fighters/practitioners/coaches/whatever are telling you otherwise, then you bring up anecdotal fluff and dig up cherry picked footage of people performing not so great so you can justify it.

If you're having this approach, you should've just made this thread in the logs for yourself.

This thread is the 2017 version of Kyle Pulley's

Back