My ps3 keeps turning itself off and on.

never had the last slim

i had the original which got YLOD, repaired it twice myself but it only last a few weeks before getting YLOD again so got the slim instead
sony the fucks

You said it's dead, so how could it be worse? Think about it. Files get corrupt from abnormal shutdowns. Rebuild database and Restore File System are simple things to attempt. I ran those two several times after some online games crashed or froze. My PS3 works fine today. I got it on a vertical stand for better cooling.

I'll tell you what. I'm using a computer that broke twice and geniuses here said it's a lost cause. I fixed it each time. It's now running pretty reliably and I have parts on the way to upgrade some shit.

Is your power cable connected securely into the PS3 and outlet? Maybe the internal power supply got somehow jarred and not connected securely.

Good point. Think I'm going to let it sit for a few hours with the power out and give it one last run. Power supply is all good, cord is fine etc. Really appreciate the help tho man! Thanks for the tips. If restoring the Filesystem doesn't work I think it's toasted.

never had the last slim

i had the original which got YLOD, repaired it twice myself but it only last a few weeks before getting YLOD again so got the slim instead
sony the fucks

Yea mine is pretty old too, getting on 5 years. First system I've ever had crap out on me if it ends up going that way, so I consider myself pretty lucky.

I don't have one and I use my ps3 to play fight night champion online, really my main game. Don't think PC has many fighting games sadly which are my favorite games. :( or else I'd totally join the master race. Lol
I have pretty much every fighting game for PS3 and it's a fantastic system, but jumped ship to PC because all new fighting games are getting a PC release, and I can go back with emulators and play all the classic fighting games and have them looking better than ever, especially PS2 3d fighters.

I have pretty much every fighting game for PS3 and it's a fantastic system, but jumped ship to PC because all new fighting games are getting a PC release, and I can go back with emulators and play all the classic fighting games and have them looking better than ever, especially PS2 3d fighters.

Ufc and Fight night have pc releases?

Old Yeller is dead. RIP. Kinda had a feeling that's what it was, just did the database rebuild. Had it on for about 20 minutes before that before it turned off again. Just keeps turning itself off and on until I unplug it. Database rebuild did nothing. :(
Number 5 no alive

My old fat ps3 that was backwards compatible did that and eventually quit. Replaced the power supply and it was good as new.

Have you tried turning it off and back on again?

How long have you had Fight Night for? Specifically FN Champion?

I only ask, because it's been known to fuck up a few hard drives. It's got some serious bugs. My hard drive started acting all funky with video apps and other games a few days after I downloaded FNC. I just happened to be looking up some performance issues I was having with the game, and stumbled upon some horror stories of it killing some PS3's. I deleted it immediately and I never had another problem.

It sounds like your current PS3 is fucked, but it might be something to chew on if you get a new system.

I replaced my Slim's laser rack and I think the power supply is super easy to replace. No need to take apart all sorts of shit first like the fooking laser needed.

You said it's dead, so how could it be worse?
9aXx2vLXD03l.jpg

Think about it. Files get corrupt from abnormal shutdowns. Rebuild database and Restore File System are simple things to attempt. I ran those two several times after some online games crashed or froze. My PS3 works fine today. I got it on a vertical stand for better cooling.

I'll tell you what. I'm using a computer that broke twice and geniuses here said it's a lost cause. I fixed it each time. It's now running pretty reliably and I have parts on the way to upgrade some shit.

Is your power cable connected securely into the PS3 and outlet? Maybe the internal power supply got somehow jarred and not connected securely.
Computers run reliably or they don't. I would never tolerate "pretty reliably", myself, so I think there may be a philosophical divide here over what "fixed" means. Most don't care for jalopies.

How long have you had Fight Night for? Specifically FN Champion?

I only ask, because it's been known to fuck up a few hard drives. It's got some serious bugs. My hard drive started acting all funky with video apps and other games a few days after I downloaded FNC. I just happened to be looking up some performance issues I was having with the game, and stumbled upon some horror stories of it killing some PS3's. I deleted it immediately and I never had another problem.

It sounds like your current PS3 is fucked, but it might be something to chew on if you get a new system.

Probably close to 2 years and it's really the only game I play on my ps4.. didn't know that though so thanks for the heads up. Game definitely seems to like to freeze alot that's for sure.

Ufc and Fight night have pc releases?
Well there isn't any new Fight Night games, no on UFC but those games are trash anyways. All new legit fighting games are gettin PC releases tho, including the new Soul Calibur which never had PC releases in the past but can easily be emulated.

What's best is that fightsticks from PS3/PS4 and 360/ONE all work on PC.

Well there isn't any new Fight Night games, no on UFC but those games are trash anyways. All new legit fighting games are gettin PC releases tho, including the new Soul Calibur which never had PC releases in the past but can easily be emulated.

PC is dogshit when it comes to combat sports fighting games no way around it even the most hardcore pc dork will tell you that

PC is dogshit when it comes to combat sports fighting games no way around it even the most hardcore pc dork will tell you that
Okay I didn't realize this was a combative converstion.

In that case combat sports fighting games are dogshit when it comes to fighting games.

Fight Night Round 3 looks better emulated on my PC than the console it came from if that means anything.

9aXx2vLXD03l.jpg

Computers run reliably or they don't. I would never tolerate "pretty reliably", myself, so I think there may be a philosophical divide here over what "fixed" means. Most don't care for jalopies.
It's running normally every day I tried to use it since I "fixed" it. The problem was wouldn't go into BIOS, therefore couldn't get into Windows, and it was just making loud fan noise and showing black screen. Doing just fine now for consecutive attempts. I'll reserve my "mission accomplished" declaration until it goes a few years without the same problem.

RE: PS3, I'm wondering if too many things are plugged into the same outlet or extension surge strip. I'm wondering if the PS3 is even getting enough steady power.

Miss my ps3 got rid of it after getting my ps4 which is now acting funny, Got the PSnow streaming service on ps4 but library is pretty lackluster.

Sorry buddy I can't give much advice as I'm not good with these sort of things, but sounds similar to what happened to my Gamecube many years ago, It kept switching on and off by itself, I don't know what was wrong with it but could never get it fixed.

Back