My thoughts on the Floyd vs Connah boxing fiasco...

dissufc

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
  • Floyd Mayweather opened at -2250, now at -1400
  • Conor McGregor opened at +950, now at +750
(Bodog odds)

It makes no sense betting on Floyd.

In Nevada, fighters at 147 pounds and less wear eight-ounce gloves, while those heavier than 147 pounds wear 10-ounce gloves. But if it's not sanctioned or even if it is but no belt is on the line, than Connah should request 6 oz gloves to go for a knock out. No pillow punches.

Thus, 154lbs and choose 6 - 8oz gloves. (Conor gains 11lbs overnight. fights at 165lbs.)

Smaller ring if possible.

IV's of saline/vitamins before the fight are banned.

WADA + USADA drug testing.

Connah requests dual acceptance of the judges.

I believe the odds on fight night will drop to -500 as money will go for a Connah win.

Match won't happen until after Nov.12th, 2017.

Ufc will give Connah equity if he wins...otherwise he may say to them: Who da fook are you? I'm fook'n rich.

Last edited:
  • Floyd Mayweather opened at -2250, now at -1400
  • Conor McGregor opened at +950, now at +750
(Bodog odds)

It makes no sense betting on Floyd.

In Nevada, fighters at 147 pounds and less wear eight-ounce gloves, while those heavier than 147 pounds wear 10-ounce gloves. But if it's not sanctioned or even if it is but no belt is on the line, than Connah should request 6 oz gloves to go for a knock out. No pillow punches.

IV's of saline/vitamins before the fight are banned.

WADA + USADA drug testing.

Connah requests dual acceptance of the judges.

I believe the odds on fight night will drop to -500 as money will go for a Connah win.

Match won't happen until after Nov.12th, 2017.

Ufc will give Connah equity if he wins...otherwise he may say to them: Who da fook are you? I'm fook'n rich.
You put a ton of thought into your shitty ass threads.

Last edited:
a lot of people here don't know shit about boxing. But Conor could easily give Floyd a hard time in the first two rounds but obviously after that Floyd would have the advantage. It's similar to say if Mayweather boxed let's say a prime Manny.

conor is now a big enough name and has decent enough boxing to easily be a p4p top 5 in boxing. He wouldn't beat Mayweather or Pacquiao though

If this boxing match happens it will be like a freak "entertaining" show and they will previously get to a type of agreement. Lets make a good exhibition show, we fake everything, everything looks closer than real, like an exhibition. Because the moment Mayweather wants to finish it will be finished by KO, and McGregor will never be the same. Mayweather can beat him for 12 rounds without problems, so if McGregor accepts a boxing match (will never happen i think), he'll be just like a bitch, all for the money, no respect for the fans, no respect for his health, no respect for his honor. It will never happen, its just advertising between them obviously. But that hypotheticall boxing match makes no sense. And it will have to be staged if they fight.

a lot of people here don't know shit about boxing. But Conor could easily give Floyd a hard time in the first two rounds but obviously after that Floyd would have the advantage. It's similar to say if Mayweather boxed let's say a prime Manny.

conor is now a big enough name and has decent enough boxing to easily be a p4p top 5 in boxing. He wouldn't beat Mayweather or Pacquiao though

I've seen Maidana's punches and they're not like connah's. Also, after 5 RDS with nate, I think connah can go 12 rds easy.

Mma is physically much more gruelling with leg kicks, clinching, grappling, etc. If you practice mma and box you'll know the difference. Also, mma has light 4oz gloves so maybe connah can take more abuse from Floyd's punches. If connah paces himself and gets training from a Roach or the like, than he has a chance to combo Floyd into a KO. Pacman got dropped by Marquez with a short right. Connah ought to bully him into the corner, cut off the ring and also have a war of counter punches. I think a quick left hook could also finish him ala Aldo who's probably got a better chin than Floyd.

giphy.gif

Fight wont happen until Conor is past his prime.

Edit: all those saying Floyd would KO Conor, that shit aint happening, hes only had 2 KOs since 2005.

Last edited:
TS, you are obviously an intelligent person. There is a lot you can do and accomplish, you really don't need to spend so much time analysing these hypotheticals for free.

I've seen Maidana's punches and they're not like connah's. Also, after 5 RDS with nate, I think connah can go 12 rds easy.

Mma is physically much more gruelling with leg kicks, clinching, grappling, etc. If you practice mma and box you'll know the difference. Also, mma has light 4oz gloves so maybe connah can take more abuse from Floyd's punches. If connah paces himself and gets training from a Roach or the like, than he has a chance to combo Floyd into a KO. Pacman got dropped by Marquez with a short right. Connah ought to bully him into the corner, cut off the ring and also have a war of counter punches. I think a quick left hook could also finish him ala Aldo who's probably got a better chin than Floyd.
Conor would be in the highest level of boxing if he decided to box. He would easily beat bums like Maidana and Canelo. He wouldn't beat Manny or Floyd though. That's just a stone cold fact

Conor can request all he want but he wont get shit. Floyd will choose everything ftom glove size to ref. He has the deck stacked and everything in his favour. The ref he uses is completely paid off, allowing floyd to clinch for extended periods of time more so when he has been cracked

Conor will be shadow boxing all night long.

You say "A lot of people don't know shit about boxing" then you say it would be kind of like Mayweather fighting a prime Manny Pacquiao?Then you say Conor would be easily in the top 5 p4p?!Wow,you can add yourself to the "people who don't know shit about boxing list".Holy shit man,I'm literally laughing.It's your opinion,but it sucks :D

honest question: Isn't Conor a lot bigger than Floyd and Pac? These guys fought at super FW and so on (130 to 140) in their time. Conor and his coach have commented on the difficulties to bring him to 145. Would they hold a fight at boxing WW (147) ?

You can take Roach's own thoughts on it.

For the people that keep saying the smaller gloves favor Conor, do you guys ever stop to realize that the fight wouldn't even get past the first 10 second mark if they actually did wear smaller gloves?

Do you know how many times Floyd's slipped and ripped his opponent with a counter right hand? If you gave him those small gloves against someone that hasn't even fought a top 70 ranked boxer, it would favor him even more.

You guys do know when he fight a southpaw, he uses way more head and body movement, and fights out of the open guard, right? Fighting a southpaw actually opens up his offense, and he becomes more dangerous, offensivly, because he walks them down. And don't try and tell me me Conor would counter Floyd. Floyd could land a right hand, duck, and angle out before Conor's brain could even register what happened.

Some of you guys are so boxing ignorant. Smaller gloves don't favor MMA fighters. Boxers are still the far superior boxers, and it's not like an MMA fighters chin is upgraded by 5 levels, because they're used to smaller gloves. And even if you make the argument of MMA fighters having a different guard, and blah blah blah because of smaller gloves. Boxers are still far superior I'm hand speed, movment, ngles, head movement, clinching, blocking, yes, even with smaller gloves, a boxer has practiced parrying punches their entire lives, whether they're small gloves, or not.

Smaller gloves would actually be a detriment to an MMA fighter in a boxing match with a BOXER.

Would smaller gloves favor Cain, Werdum, Brock, stipe, JDS, etc. against Tyson, Holmes, Holyfield, Lewis, Foreman, Ali, Tua, Bowe, list goes on and on.

Hell, give Deontay Wilder MMA gloves, and put JDS in there with him in a boxing match, and it would be over in 5 seconds. No joke.

Dual acceptance of the judges.... as if the judges will matter.

You say "A lot of people don't know shit about boxing" then you say it would be kind of like Mayweather fighting a prime Manny Pacquiao?Then you say Conor would be easily in the top 5 p4p?!Wow,you can add yourself to the "people who don't know shit about boxing list".Holy shit man,I'm literally laughing.It's your opinion,but it sucks :D
Laugh all you want but just remember people laughed when Conor said he would beat Aldo and look what happened. You are the one who dosen't know anything about boxing.

Let me ask you this, how does Floyd deal with southpaws? Not well. Conor is a big southpaw that hits like a freight train. Floyd would be in a lot of trouble if Conor can connect early on.

Although I think Floyd would win, it won't be as easy as people are making it out to be. Conor is a master power puncher

For the people that keep saying the smaller gloves favor Conor, do you guys ever stop to realize that the fight wouldn't even get past the first 10 second mark if they actually did wear smaller gloves?

Do you know how many times Floyd's slipped and ripped his opponent with a counter right hand? If you gave him those small gloves against someone that hasn't even fought a top 70 ranked boxer, it would favor him even more.

You guys do know when he fight a southpaw, he uses way more head and body movement, and fights out of the open guard, right? Fighting a southpaw actually opens up his offense, and he becomes more dangerous, offensivly, because he walks them down. And don't try and tell me me Conor would counter Floyd. Floyd could land a right hand, duck, and angle out before Conor's brain could even register what happened.

Some of you guys are so boxing ignorant. Smaller gloves don't favor MMA fighters. Boxers are still the far superior boxers, and it's not like an MMA fighters chin is upgraded by 5 levels, because they're used to smaller gloves. And even if you make the argument of MMA fighters having a different guard, and blah blah blah because of smaller gloves. Boxers are still far superior I'm hand speed, movment, ngles, head movement, clinching, blocking, yes, even with smaller gloves, a boxer has practiced parrying punches their entire lives, whether they're small gloves, or not.

Smaller gloves would actually be a detriment to an MMA fighter in a boxing match with a BOXER.

Would smaller gloves favor Cain, Werdum, Brock, stipe, JDS, etc. against Tyson, Holmes, Holyfield, Lewis, Foreman, Ali, Tua, Bowe, list goes on and on.

Hell, give Deontay Wilder MMA gloves, and put JDS in there with him in a boxing match, and it would be over in 5 seconds. No joke.

Do you rly think Floyd has more power in his right, than connah has in his left? Gtfo.

Fight wont happen until Conor is past his prime.

Edit: all those saying Floyd would KO Conor, that shit aint happening, hes only had 2 KOs since 2005.
And how old would Floyd be by the time Conor's past his prime? Floyd doesn't need to KO Conor, Conor will throw in the towel himself once he gasses.

Does this trolling never get boring?

It's like an overused joke that people only still laugh about to not make the one who tells it feel like a total loser.

Back