My wife holds me back from being the best I can be. Anyone else?

Bro,
Does your wife give it to you in the ass too????
I bet it's her fault that you like it too, huh?

its hearing about things like this that make me never want to get married

Just marry someone not too crazy, that you can have an honest conversation with.

And don't be a pussy who lets his wife tell him what to do all the time.

You will do fine.

I go to judo / bjj 4-5 nights a week. I have two motorcycles, and have been thinking of selling one as I don't ride it much, but my wife keeps tall long me out of it because I love my bikes. She's the one who told me I should buy the second, because I work hard, make good money, wanted it, and deserved it. Oh yeah, I'm going on a solo Baja motorcycle camping trip next weekend, and a 3 week trip in may to pakistan. ;)

Ie don't knock marriage just because the op is a little bitch. :-D

My lack of maturity holds me back from being the best I can be.

It does appear this story has a bitch in it, but I'm not 100% sure it's the wife.

rap_battle_zps6c087fd3.gif

Even though this is probably a troll job...

I was lucky enough to meet a semi-popular motivation guy at an airport and we started talking waiting on our plane. One thing he told me that I will always remember.

"as an adult, no one has the right to tell you to do or not to do anything. Make your choices and profit from the good ones and learn from the bad ones. If you choose to have choices made for you then you will always be no better than a child."

Moral of the story, are you going to be and adult or a child?

Man, my girl is always holding me back from getting strange. I feel ya bro

Why does your wife need to make an appointment for your car to get fixed? You and op sound like children, not husbands...

Very good question. As per my father in law, nobody who works there who isn't management is allowed to talk to the mechanics. I'm not a manager. I know it makes very little sense, but those are the rules and the last time I didn't think they applied to me, the mechanic and I almost got into a fist fight. When I went to get the car fixed somewhere else, I got yelled at because it would "cost more money." When you're married you have to make decisions together. If my wife had not said she would pick me up, I'd just take a cab or train. My family owns a cab company.

When somebody says they're going to do something, I expect them to so it. She would hold me to the same. Fact is, she's pissed off that i spend so much time away from home training 3 days a week. It is what it is. I'm an adult and ill figure out a way to either make it work or move on before we have children and I get stuck. Im a brown belt in bjj and its been a life long dream of mine to earn my black belt. She knew this before we got married. I work 10 hr days 5x a week and make decent money. I geel i deserve some time to train.

My wife mostly holds me back from doing stuff like driving on icy roads and staying up too late when I need to wake up. She also holds me back from that vow of celibacy I've been thinking about...

Even though this is probably a troll job...

I was lucky enough to meet a semi-popular motivation guy at an airport and we started talking waiting on our plane. One thing he told me that I will always remember.

"as an adult, no one has the right to tell you to do or not to do anything. Make your choices and profit from the good ones and learn from the bad ones. If you choose to have choices made for you then you will always be no better than a child."

Moral of the story, are you going to be and adult or a child?

I strongly disagree with what he said, to me he sounds like the child.

That is American, degenerate, hedonistic, post-modern rubbish, people operate together and sometimes some people do have the right to tell you to do things.

Some may call it an excuse, and as true as that may be, it's still true that I'm held back from being the best I can be.

I "had" to sell my car because it was "costing to much money" which means I have to rely on her to drive me to my Sambo classes. If I'm lucky I get to go every other week, IF I'M LUCKY.

I was offered a chance to do a kickboxing tournament on March 1st, which would be my first fight besides grappling tournaments. But I cant get rides out there and we "cant afford it".

I know that I can be at least a semi-successful fighter but that'll probably be just another dream that passes by. Anyone else in similar situations?

divorce is the only option...

"Do you want to be a fucking Fighter?", Dana "Fucking" White

Some may call it an excuse, and as true as that may be, it's still true that I'm held back from being the best I can be.

I "had" to sell my car because it was "costing to much money" which means I have to rely on her to drive me to my Sambo classes. If I'm lucky I get to go every other week, IF I'M LUCKY.

I was offered a chance to do a kickboxing tournament on March 1st, which would be my first fight besides grappling tournaments. But I cant get rides out there and we "cant afford it".

I know that I can be at least a semi-successful fighter but that'll probably be just another dream that passes by. Anyone else in similar situations?

It sounds like your finances are the problem. Not necessarily your wife.

However, I am all but married and my woman supports me in all of my training pursuits. Even when I try to talk myself out of it because of money she goes out of her way to make it work and pushes me into it. I do the same in return. Maybe I am just lucky but that's the way it should be IMO.

Back