Nakamura - Sink Or Swim?

I'm pretty sure it's deliberate. They're starting to do it with Asuka too.. the whole roster really aside from a couple of people. They don't want anybody getting too over after the whole Daniel Bryan fiasco.
They want only certain people over like Roman they will hold anyone else down.

Big Nak already cutting better promos than Reigns

And he's a main eventer constantly. Swim. Coming for the belt when the Jinder experiment ends.

No one would ever believe Nakasoftbody could beat chiseled Indian God-Man Mahal.

Small Japanese superstars who can barely speak English, aren't flourishing in the WWE?

Get the fuck outta here!

I tried to warn you. I really did. Nak will be a mid-card jobber by Summerslam. Only a matter of time before they retool his character, and really start fucking with him.

{<huh}

He's 6'2, 229 pounds

Okay, average. Maybe not Finn Balor small, but just an average sized dude in the world of the WWE. Dime a dozen, no def, mid-body.

Regardless, his biggest problem that remains, is that he just plain old sucks.

Okay, average. Maybe not Finn Balor small, but just an average sized dude in the world of the WWE. Dime a dozen, no def, mid-body.

Regardless, his biggest problem that remains, is that he just plain old sucks.

He's worked with Orton, Cena, Corbin and Jinder - all of whom are BIG guys (maybe just not Cass big). He's also bigger than AJ (HW champ) and looks fine with his shirt off unlike say Owens (HW champ).

He's worked with Orton, Cena, Corbin and Jinder - all of whom are BIG guys (maybe just not Cass big). He's also bigger than AJ (HW champ) and looks fine with his shirt off unlike say Owens (HW champ).

AJ and Owens have something that Nak doesn't. Personality. You can't make up for looks and zero promo ability, with spastic flailing and a catchy theme song.

AJ and Owens have something that Nak doesn't. Personality. You can't make up for looks and zero promo ability, with spastic flailing and a catchy theme song.

He looks great and has more personality than 20 PWDs put together. Certainly more than at least half the roster, including Cena and Reigns.

I wouldn't say he doesn't have personality, although the lack of promo ability due to the language barrier, combined with seemingly trying to accentuate the problem is certainly killing the character slowly.

I wouldn't say he doesn't have personality, although the lack of promo ability due to the language barrier, combined with seemingly trying to accentuate the problem is certainly killing the character slowly.

He is a personality I suppose. He's like a wacky bit character in a TV Show. Comes in, does his routine, gets a cheap laugh, and leaves. Give him anything more than that, and his lack of depth and talent starts to show.

Even though I don't think he'll go far, why have him speak at all? Who had the great idea to keep his mouthpiece in, in those early promos? It is a little odd(well, not really), that the WWE goes out of their way to accentuate his weakness. I can almost guarantee that they will eventually start making fun of how stupid his mannerisms are, and humiliate his entire character, and turn him into a jobber clown.

Accentuating the weak points instead of building on the strong points is a chronic WWE problem...Nakamura's not the only one they're getting this wrong with.

Accentuating the weak points instead of building on the strong points is a chronic WWE problem...Nakamura's not the only one they're getting this wrong with.

Truth.

The trolling nature of the WWE is pretty strange. They seem to also reward bad behavior quite regularly as well. Enzo can't wrestle for shit, and is allegedly some complete asshole behind the scenes, and they give him the entire cruiserweight division to rule over. Jinder Mahal shortens Finn Balor's career with a sloppy spot, and he's awarded the Championship like the next week. Randy Orton is a habitual line stepper, and he's still regularly on top.

It's so bizarre.

Vince has always had a strange fascination with people who act like Jackasses. He's like a 15 year old girl with a crush on the rebel bad boy in high school.

Vince has always had a strange fascination with people who act like Jackasses. He's like a 15 year old girl with a crush on the rebel bad boy in high school.

They're avatars for himself. He likes the idea that being yourself at others' expense should be rewarded rather than punished, because he thinks the rules don't apply to him. And he probably doesn't realize that's what he likes about those guys.

Just some backseat/armchair psychoanalysis ... just been watching WWF(E) for 30 years and have bachelor's degrees in psychology and sociology, so what do I know.

They're avatars for himself. He likes the idea that being yourself at others' expense should be rewarded rather than punished, because he thinks the rules don't apply to him. And he probably doesn't realize that's what he likes about those guys.

Just some backseat/armchair psychoanalysis ... just been watching WWF(E) for 30 years and have bachelor's degrees in psychology and sociology, so what do I know.

I think he secretly wants to Patterson them, and all the over the top stuff with Divas is a cover.

Goddamn this year-long sig/av bet is gonna come down to the last month win or lose, ain't it

Back