Namajunas got robbed at the ESPYS

You mentioned that. Do you enjoy what you’re doing?

Not as much as I would enjoy working for TMZ but it's actually in a field I studied which is more than I could have asked for. The biggest downside is I had to move from Houston to this middle of nowhere town. At least the houses are cheap.

no one should be surprised at rose's snub but I don't really see how crawford gets the nod over lomanchenko. bud crawford got gifted a welterweight title over jeff horn while vasily beat two P4P great fighters in rigo and linares.

you have to think that crawford and top rank's deal with ESPN played a significant role in who won this award

I mean, Lomachenko has the exact same deal in place, and generally every bit the push Crawford does. You're omitting the fact that Crawford also became the first guy to unify a division in almost 2 decades in addition to picking up another title. That sounds pretty impressive on paper, even if neither Indongo nor Horn are close to special. Of course, Lomachenko's wins, when given proper context, also are a fair bit less impressive than they appear on paper. Rigo was inching up on 40, giving up a ton of size, and hadn't had a relevant win in nearly 5 years. Linares, while being a very solid win, is hardly a p4p great fighter.

Out of the four I'd pick Lomachenko, but Sor Rungvisai's resume over the same time period is clearly more impressive than either man's.

Last edited:
Arguably losing two fights is not as impressive as decisively beating someone. GGG obviously should not have been nominated
Only true here if you have no clue what's going on.

ESPY clowns fit that description which is why GSP got the nom and GGG did not.

More like Lomachenko got robbed.
Although props to Crawford.
<mma4>

let's be honest. She was a token nomination so a women was on the list. 0% chance she was going to win. Less than that actually.

Not as much as I would enjoy working for TMZ but it's actually in a field I studied which is more than I could have asked for. The biggest downside is I had to move from Houston to this middle of nowhere town. At least the houses are cheap.

Doesn’t sound so bad - at least you’d have more disposable income. You can work your way up to TMZ.

Maybe she would've won if she had made JJ tap!

wmma was lucky to get a nomination,

a girl is certainly not the best fighter.
Take her skills and put them in a male body. She’d clear any division. She can’t help that she’s tiny and female anymore than Mighty Mouse can help that he’s 5 foot four . He’s called a “great fighter” even though we know anyone over 150 pounds in the UFC would probably crush him .

No boxer should ever win a "Best Fighter" award over an MMA fighter at any award ceremony, ever.

Since boxers are boxers and MMA fighters are fighters. Two very different things, and the people who are trained in boxing will be better at boxing and people trained in fighting are better fighters

Thought it was gonna be rose getting her purse snatched or something

No boxer should ever win a "Best Fighter" award over an MMA fighter at any award ceremony, ever.

Since boxers are boxers and MMA fighters are fighters. Two very different things, and the people who are trained in boxing will be better at boxing and people trained in fighting are better fighters

It's 2018. 2006 wants its MMA smark talking point back.

???
I said once Bisping was Fighter of the Year 2016...
GSP finished him in 2017...logical conclusion is GSP should be near winning this award, but he did nothing impresive tbh.
Rose's record is like 8-3, she barely won rematch, even with all advanatages: mental - fighting oponnent she Tko'd, promotion behind her back (Rogan wanted to f..k her, just watch JRE with her, embarassing), rematch basicly confirmed, that "spagetthi arms" Joanna had some problems with health (weigh cut or whatever) during UFC 217.
Tbh I think she lost rounds 2,3,4 and round 5 was draw, but nothing really significant happened in this fight excluding pointless takedown, so judges lost plot.
People have eyes and can see it.

GSP shouldve won or Lomachenko tbh. Lomachenko schooling Rigo and making him quit should've been enough.

Beating an older, smaller fighter doesn't really do anything for you in boxing. This was a prestige fight if there ever was one. That's not a knock on Loma, I think he's amazing. But that Rigondaux win isn't all people make it out to be. It's mostly a name on his resume, a good one at that, but the circumstances of the fight are kind of meh-ish. I lost most of my interest for the fight when I found out what the catchweight was. I would argue his win over Linares is more impressive.

giphy.gif

Please tell me you haven't reached the age of 18 yet ...

Beating an older, smaller fighter doesn't really do anything for you in boxing. That's not a knock on Loma, I think he's amazing. But that Rigondaux win isn't all people make it out to be. It's mostly a name on his resume, a good one at that, but the circumstances of the fight are kind of meh-ish. I lost most of my interest for the fight when I found out what the catchweight was. I would argue his win over Linares is more impressive.

I agree, plus I think I didn't watch carefully to see where Lomchenko scholled him.

Back