Name a bigger robbery than GSP vs Hendricks?

I don't think it's possible
Any actual robbery. Close fight that could go either way /=/ robbery. Hendricks lost.
Nobody who claims robbery has ever been able to explain it.

2 & 4 were clear 10-9's for Hendricks. No debate whatsoever.
3 & 5 were clear 10-9's for GSP. No debate whatsoever.
The first round was razor close. Could you score it for Hendricks? Yes. But you could also score it for GSP.
Dead even in striking. If you watched that fight played back in a video game with two ordinary fighter avatars you would say close as hell. Could go either way. Literally the opposite of a Robbery.

I was drunk AF but I watched with friends PFL and Rory vs Tibau fight was on.

Red King was winning in my eyes but judges gave decision to Gleison. Me and my friends were WTF.

This is also my pick. Diego has a few robberies.
I see now that you beat me to it!!
I completely agree with you.

bros-highfive.gif

Kampmann - Sanchez

One of the biggest myths in MMA history. Kampmann dominated the first but didn't do much in the last two rounds and there's no way you can make an argument that he clearly won any of the last two rounds.

Hamill /vs Bisping
Machida /vs Phil Davis 1
Franklin /vs Hendo
Rampage /vs Forrest Griffin

Last edited:
Lol. Seriously though, I remember lots of people calling Couture/Rizzo 1 a robbery. I didn’t see it that way and I was biased. Never rewatched the fight.

Definitely not a robbery if we're examining under what were contemporary scoring rules which have since been updated a bit.

Close fights aren’t robberies, I don’t know why that’s so difficult to comprehend.

Yan-O’Malley wasn’t a robbery, for example, despite the outrage everywhere. Every round was somewhat close and competitive.

Bingo^
Based on the scoring, you're spot on.

My hill (to die on) is that MMA scoring in general sucks.
10-9 is the most common score for a singe round; however not all 10-9s are equal.

Some are swing rounds (coin toss)
Some are definitive (dominant but no near finishes)
Some cause a ton of damage to one side (again w/o a near finish.)

For all three to be judged equally, and for the advantage of a 10-8 to be nullified by two swing rounds (in a 3 round fight of course) is terrible.

In the case of what I assume the TS is contending, I believe that the close rounds that GSP won shouldn't cancel out the rounds heavy damage (but not near stoppage) rounds that Hendricks won.

Sorry to anyone who has read one of my rants before if you read this reply in its entirety.

What's a "bigger robbery" than GSP-Hendricks? Aldo-Moraes is a bigger "robbery," and even that's not a robbery

Back