Name a bigger robbery than GSP vs Hendricks?

At best by your own admission you have it a draw. GSP leaving with a country ass whipping and the belt was ridiculous
What a stupid comment.
First off, that isn't scoring it a draw. That would require a 10-10.
Secondly, if it is back and forth, it doesn't fit the whole "robbery" narrative which is the entire point of this thread.
Third, even if it was a draw, that means the champ is still the champ, so him going home with the belt isn't ridiculous.

And speaking of taking people seriously?
If a close fight where neither fighter was beat up or dominated going to the champ is your biggest mostest robbery you’ve ever seen I just can’t take you seriously
So you just don't know how rounds are scored? K, so I'm starting to see the problem.
A guy doesn't need to be obviously beat up to obviously lose the round, like Jon did for the first 3 rounds of the fight.

This was pretty much all the significant action of round 3, since it was the post round highlights UFC had.
Uouwszu.gif

Just a real real close round that one. Jon must not have been "beat up" since he won the next round, therefore it's fine to score this round for him too, right. Genius. You should teach Chris Lee

The fight could go either way based on the unified rules. It comes down to only round 1 which no reasonable person could say either guy definitively won. The next four rounds were clearly split. By PRIDE or ONE rules of judging the fight as a whole Hendricks clearly won but those were not the rules of the fight, by unified rules it is fair to say GSP won 3 rounds.

Only 2 robberies I consider in all my years of watching MMA, Shogun Vs Machida and Gordon vs Paddy.

All the rest of proclaimed robberies are so competitive that they couldve gone either way.
You're kinda mental then or just didn't catch a lot of them lol. You could do much MUCH worse than Shogun/Machida, although I agree with you.

It was the biggest robbery in UFC history. Rounds 2 and 4 should’ve been 10-8s for Hendricks.

And yeah Hendricks did more damage and seemed to have more octagon control
Yes he did and it is also completely irrelevant. The fight is not judged as a whole, so it doesn't matter that Hendricks won his two rounds more than GSP won his two rounds no round was close to a 10-8, all that matters is the score of round 1 and it could go either way.

It was the biggest robbery in UFC history. Rounds 2 and 4 should’ve been 10-8s for Hendricks.

The fight could go either way based on the unified rules. It comes down to only round 1 which no reasonable person could say either guy definitively won. The next four rounds were clearly split. By PRIDE or ONE rules of judging the fight as a whole Hendricks clearly won but those were not the rules of the fight, by unified rules it is fair to say GSP won 3 rounds.

I am watching it now. Round 1 GSP is doing well with his takedowns and shoots but Hendricks is a tank and lifts GSP up and reverses him standing in the clinch and puts GSP against the cage.

Amazing we never saw this Hendricks again. Oh I know why USADA

I am watching it now. Round 1 GSP is doing well with his takedowns and shoots but Hendricks is a tank and lifts GSP up and reverses him standing in the clinch and puts GSP against the cage.

Amazing we never saw this Hendricks again. Oh I know why USADA

LOL USADA is the reason why we never saw that Hendricks OR that GSP ever again.

Lol TS fell flat on his face in this one. It was a bad decision but there’s been many, many worse decisions.

Yes he did and it is also completely irrelevant. The fight is not judged as a whole, so it doesn't matter that Hendricks won his two rounds more than GSP won his two rounds no round was close to a 10-8, all that matters is the score of round 1 and it could go either way.

bs rounds 2 and 4 should’ve been 10-8s for Hendricks.

they were obvious 10-8s. GSPs face was wrecked and he was nearly finished. 10-8s all the wayyyy
Not even close I know you are lying. No remotely reasonable person could ever think that especially not by the criteria back then. He was never remotely close to finished in either round.

Not even close I know you are lying. No remotely reasonable person could ever think that especially not by the criteria back then. He was never remotely close to finished in either round.

If you think GSP deserved the same scores for rounds 3 and 5 that Hendricks got for the dominating ass whoopings he put on in rounds 2 and 4 then you are nuts! If GSP got 10-9s in rounds 3 and 5 then rounds 2 and 4 were obvious 10-8s for Hendricks. This is certainly true in todays modern scoring criteria. Hendricks won that fight. No ifs about it.

To this day, Shogun vs Machida is the biggest robbery I have ever seen, no doubt Shogun won 4 rounds to 1 and did more damage and was the aggressor (although Karate is typically more defensive), GSP vs Hendricks was bad imo, Johnny 3-2 for sure, Paddy's last fight was bad, but title fights make robberies worse.

This is the correct answer
Condit vs Lawler was an absolute robbery at the highest level
No way possible does Robbie win that fight
People let the commentary bias and gsps facial damage/aura of invincibility being broken misguide them into thinking he lost that fight on points. That was 3-2 gsp all day in my opinion, but a score for Hendricks wouldn't have been bad either. Definition of a razor close fight.
Meanwhile Robbie is beloved so nobody cares he was gifted his belt in a robbery, was on his way to losing his belt before koing Rory Mac, and then completely lost to Condit but once again because he is aggressive and likes to punch air and look menacing he won in the judges eyes
ya I had it Condit , never understood why no auto rematch happened, very close fight and very fun

Conor Vs Aldo was a bigger robbery!!!!

conor didn’t even win a single round on any scorecard that night yet the ref raised his hand and ufc declared him champion!

Randleman vs Bas Rutten is easily the biggest robbery in the history of MMA.

Back