Name a fighter that has a lot of popularity but not as much talent

lol at all you noobs saying Nate Diaz. Won his season of TUF. Beat Gomi, Cerrone, and Miller back to back to back. Fourth most submission wins in UFC history. Fifth most strikes landed in UFC history. Y'all just mad because he beat one of your favorite fighters.

U7fSoIS.gif
Yeah him too for that matter. They drank a lot of haterade today.

Winner! I can't think of a worse fighter in all UFC history. Nick Diaz doesn't need to be on anyones list. Slick boxing and BJJ in his prime.
I gotta agree. I’m objective and I will say only given his amount of access to training and the fact he was some form of a highly abusive combat sports inspired field and they put him against lowest tier possible CM is the worst ever

I just started my journey as an mma fan at the point that I have no ability to see how Diego was a legend. BJ was starting to lose it as well when I started watching. I saw no spark of his greatness live but saw a couple sparks in the archives
Diego had excellent BJJ and servicable wrestling during his very early years and was on an absolute tear. He took a severe beating (BJ penn I think?) and it changed him forever. He stayed on a downward spiral continuing to fall in love with trading on the feet. This proved to be his undoing.

lol at all you noobs saying Nate Diaz. Won his season of TUF. Beat Gomi, Cerrone, and Miller back to back to back. Fourth most submission wins in UFC history. Fifth most strikes landed in UFC history. Y'all just mad because he beat one of your favorite fighters.

U7fSoIS.gif
Actually he lost to my favorites. One allegedly had a toothpick in his mouth

Does Paige VanZant count?

She has over 3 mill followers on IG which is top 15 among MMA fighters and opened a successful Onlyfans. Was 8-5 in MMA and just not a good fighter.

For males its def Paddy by far.

At his best he was a gatekeeper level fighter. And the last few years of his run he wasn't even ranked. That's not to say he wasn't a good fighter, just that the popularity exceeded the talent.
Cerrone was not only a gatekeeper but rather a tittle contender. Actually fought for the tittle, and Nate beat him, if not outclassed him.

You need to educate yourself on what gatekeeper means in this sport

No matter how you slice it no pun intended a man your damn Father’s age probably starting an mma career and getting as far as Kimbo did is EXTREMELY TALENTED. Whoever told you otherwise is a fool. Perhaps you should think of context before saying things like this
lol ok mate, outside of Roy Nelson and Seth petuzelli, everyone else he fought was hand picked for him. They were either old as shit, or green still ( mitrione)

And this is not knocking his skills. I’m actually commending him for making the money he did in the short time with what little he had. He also did try and learn atleast, and had some good moments where he was being watched by millions

McGregor - Has no griubd game but when fighters don’t allow him to bully them he goes to the ground.

Costa, seems to have a very big following and fanbase on all his social medias. As a fighter he is just so average, never been impressed with him. His resume and inactivity are just poor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derik
Back