Name a random lesser known UFC guy from "back in the day" - I pick Andre Roberts

Haha I love the Chief! I came across an old thread where his opponents were discussing how powerful he was. His knockout over Dirty Harry was pretty nice and you could tell after his disappointing loss to Goodridge he came back with a point to prove against Waterman.

Townsend Saunders was an Olympic silver medalist whose only two MMA fights were decision losses to Pat Miletich (in Pat's UFC debut) and Mikey Burnett (another lesser known guy whose career was cut short by a neck injury).

Jerry bohlander might be a bit too well known, but he was awesome back in the day. His fight with ferrozzo was crazy.

pete becker

took on tank abbot and a few others

lets see

Mark Weir. Had some great fights and some stone cold knockouts. He held the record for fastest knockout for a while when he put Eugene Jackson on the deck in 10 seconds.

The Barn Cat was fun to watch.
He still is.

DefinitiveFaithfulIrrawaddydolphin.gif

Cal Worsham!

Almost got thrown out of the octagon against tank abbott, got destroyed by varelans, and then theres this...

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f2/worsham-vs-frazier-broken-torso-900162/

Also fought until march of freaking 2012!

Edit, gotta add the section of that Jake Rossen article for those who don't know how bad Cal's injuries were, pretty eye opening and scary shit.

1. Cal Worsham vs. Zane Frazier (UFC 9, May 17, 1996)
Breaking Point: Broken torso
X-Ray: Mired in political smothering, UFC 9 was allowed to go forward in Detroit only when organizers agreed no closed-fist strikes to the head would be allowed. (A modest fine was the only punishment.)

A punch to the face was the least of Worsham

<--- Harold Howard. His entire fighting career was great. McGregor would tremble with envy at the "come on!" line.

5vvp7p.jpg

Tim Lajcik, him and Eugene Jackson were training partners. Lost to Tsuyoshi Kohsaka then he drew with Ron Waterman

I remember Luke Cummo scoring a beautiful KO on TUF, then he lost to Stevenson in the finale and after a less than stellar but brief run in the UFC he vanished.

He was a weird cat, but I liked him for some reason.

Back