Name one fighter that Stipe has fought that is an elite wrestler like DC?

Hope that you're right bruv.

Not that I dislike Stipe mind you, it's just that DC is one of my favorite fighters.
It's a matchup that's nigh impossible to predict. There are just so many things we don't know. Can DC take down someone who is truly a heavyweight? Can Stipe tango with an all out wrestler?

I love and hate this matchup. Two of my favorite fighters to be sure

Hope you're right dude, but Stipe is a scary scary match up. Just another reason to admire DC, goddamn. What a savage.

Blaydes is a elite HW wrestler and he's been in the top 10 for a while. But yeah you're right there haven't been many, one ranked that comes to mind but i'm not sure he was ever top 10 is boring king Rosholt.

Blaydes may be the future of the division. That guy is only 27 and already capable of beating Top 10 guys. Considering HW's tend to have long careers he may be around for a long time.

Hope you're right dude, but Stipe is a scary scary match up. Just another reason to admire DC, goddamn. What a savage.

Yea, here is the thing. Its not the same DC moving up in weight to fight as some other fighters have done. DC was always a HW, he was undefeated at HW. He went down in weight to fight at LHW but now he's fighting at HW again and everyone thinks how great it is. Lets take it easy, the guy is a fucking HW.

This argument is irrelvant because I don't think there are even 2 or 3 OLYMPIC level wrestlers that fight at HW that have made it to the top 5 in the UFC HW rankings. So that argument is out the window. I think you are underestimating his wrestling ability tho. D1 wrestlers are no joke. Honestly don't think wrestling will play a factor in this fight anyway

If DC doesn't wrestle, and I mean successfully wrestle, Stipe will end up knocking him out late. You think DC can out strike Stipe?

It's a matchup that's nigh impossible to predict. There are just so many things we don't know. Can DC take down someone who is truly a heavyweight? Can Stipe tango with an all out wrestler?

What in the fuck are you guys talking about. DC is a HW, not a LHW. The guy was undefeated at HW and took down HW's so why would you ask if he can take down a HW?

How's this?

Cormier, recognizing how dangerous Stipe is after sizing up the situation and movement, will seem eager to implement whatever plan his team worked on. He's going to shoot a 'fake' takedown, forcing Stipe to commit to defending and then throw something over the top... maybe a left hook but more likely an overhand right because Stipe's left hand tends to float down. I don't think it'll have much effect, if it lands at all.

Back to the danger zone. Stipe will get a few punches off and Cormier's game plan will be all but out the window. He will either rush into a clinch and try to push Stipe up against the fence or shoot a real takedown. Regardless of result, it won't last.

Stipe rocks and finishes him in the first or second at some point during or after the above.

If DC doesn't wrestle, and I mean successfully wrestle, Stipe will end up knocking him out late. You think DC can out strike Stipe?

Yea I do honestly. The guy is a beast man all around. Wrestling or striking I think he will be fine no matter where it goes. He was doing very well against Jon Jones until he got caught with a head kick. Cmon now if Struve could knock out Stipe I certainly believe that DC could.

Its not “just conjecture”. It’s called “the eye test” and picking up on fighters skills/talent when you see them fight. Thing is most everyone has already caught on even before the Overeem fight and some before then as well.

This is how people predict the next big thing and hopefully make some money if they’re into placing wagers. Ain’t nobody got time to sit around and finally crown a guy AFTER it’s all said and done.

Just cause Blayde’s resume/credentials/background isn’t up to your standards doesn’t mean he’s not an elite wrestler. It’s not so much about who he hasn’t beaten (yet) but moreso the way he’s beaten the guys he’s beat.

Also, Stipe’s wrestling looked like shit against Ngannou. I like Ngannou (prob my fav HW currently) but Blaydes would run thru him in a rematch and put on a real wrestling clinic.

Bro, it's pretty much the definition of conjecture. "forming an opinion on the basis of incomplete information".

Many were rating Ngannou as the best striker at HW and saying his ground game was legit. That was conjecture too, as he hadn't faced much adversity.

Like I said before, I've been backing Blaydes for a while, so I'm not against him at all:

http://forums.sherdog.com/posts/135577437/

http://forums.sherdog.com/posts/135357419/

http://forums.sherdog.com/posts/136149909/

So, like you said, I did the "eye test" and rated him before many. I genuinely hope that he does well and gets the strap. I just don't think he can be considered an elite wrestler until he faces another top wrestler and outwrestles them. Saying that he is now is indeed conjecture.

Yea, here is the thing. Its not the same DC moving up in weight to fight as some other fighters have done. DC was always a HW, he was undefeated at HW. He went down in weight to fight at LHW but now he's fighting at HW again and everyone thinks how great it is. Lets take it easy, the guy is a fucking HW.
Lol. Wow, relax dude. I'm sure you're great too. And someone likes you.

Yea I do honestly. The guy is a beast man all around. Wrestling or striking I think he will be fine no matter where it goes. He was doing very well against Jon Jones until he got caught with a head kick. Cmon now if Struve could knock out Stipe I certainly believe that DC could.

I don't know what you mean by doing very well. He was losing rounds. The biggest problem here for DC is that Stipe is 6'4", the same height as Bones. DC is going to have to deal with a guy who is tall as Bones, has more wrestling credentials than Bones, is stronger than Bones, and hits harder than Bones. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a Bones hater, I think he's one of the greatest of all time, but Stipe may give DC an ass whoopin.

It's impossible. I think the wrestling is gonna play a huge part in the fight.

Stipe is an NCAA Div 1 wrassler, but there's a big difference between Div 1, and Olympic level wrasslin.

DC by Decision.
tumblr_nj9hys7okC1qahndoo2_500.gif
Name 1 boxer that DC has faced better than Stipe

You're not wrong... but think of the guys that D.C. was not able to implement his wrestling on....

Gus, Mir, Nelson.... hell, even Jones..

Will Stipe be more susceptible to the wrestling attack than those guys? I doubt it
All those guys got clinched the fuck up and outworked. You don't just need to worry about getting taken down from DC, you need to worry about his clinch and getting grinded out.

I don't think DC KO's Stipe, his best chance at finishing him is by sub.
Same here. Maybe TKO to cumulative strikes. Stipe's never been subbed either though and DC isn't the best sub artist.

I wanted DC to win, but the more I think about it, he's not got many ways to do it. I see Stipe landing hard and winning by TKO.

Should be a hell of a fight though!
Ya tough path to victory for DC IMO.

I don't think Stipe will get KO'd. I don't think DC can sub him. I think this fight will look a lot like Jones/DC2 with DC showing tons of heart but just getting out worked and out landed. Stipe has a good work rate and the distance fighting to win this. IMO DC needs to make this a dirty boxing match and try to keep Stipe pinned against the cage and to win an ugly, not fan friendly, decision ala Randy Couture in many of his fights.

All those guys got clinched the fuck up and outworked. You don't just need to worry about getting taken down from DC, you need to worry about his clinch and getting grinded out.
Yeah, he still won, but he couldn't implement his wrestling despite his best efforts.

Of course Daniel wants a close quarters match, but if he can't have it he's in trouble.

look man, DC is one of my favourite fighters of all time. I have never been more scared for him and I really am hoping to see him pull this miracle off.
If it was any other fighter at HW, i would undoubtedly herald DC as the favorite to win that particular bout but miocic is a tough ask because he is in my opinion the best he fighter of all time. If DC was 5 years younger and in his prime, I would absolutely even go as far as saying that this fight is a coin flip. Now, given DC's age, his past weight cut issues and his declining level of speed in his movement makes me think that miocic will win this fight. I am just praying that it's not a ko or tko loss and instead just a decision going the opposite way.

He got put to sleep by pillow fisted chicken legs Jones. His chin is not the same anymore.

Your joking right? Jones F'ed up everyone with his 'pillow fists and chicken legs' and no Tbol doesnt give you magical 'inflict damage' power. Skinny legs have absolutely nothing to do with generating power and thats what he does. If I take a fat baseball bat Vs. a skinny one and speedswing the shit outta the skinny one at your head, you think your gonna say "well, at least it wasnt the fat bat". Plenty of powerhouse kickers have skinny legs and plenty of bodybuilder types with huge legs have zero power cause that much mass is like driving with your brakes engaged.

I expect DC will be in the Ronda situation: His striking won't be good enough to get him into wrestling range, and Stipe will outbox him on the feet.

Back