Nastalgia

Does anyone remember the days we would wait 3 months for a ppv...but it was always stacked and a must have to buy. Even as a senior in high school I could come up with the money, which was $30 back then. There was just so much more anticipation for the event back then.

Outside of the first several UFC events. I don’t remember when PPVs were 3 months a part. Those ones would hardly be considered stacked events. I didnt know who most of they fighters were, and neither did most people. From UFC 30 on is seems like they have been about once a month or so. Unless you’d like to go back to the early and dark ages where you could go 6 months without an event. I would prefer we don’t.

Damn with a title like that I thought this thread would showcase an old school beat down.
Nostalgia

The word you are looking for is nostalgia.
Nastalgia sounds like reminiscing about something disgusting.

But yeah, I remember those days. Fans today are spoiled. Not so much with the quality of the cards, but the quantity.

I was also disappointed to not find an old school vicious beating.

WTF? I started watching UFC in 1994. My first ever was UFC 3 The American Dream. I have to seriously disagree with you here. It sounds like you are not so old after all. I was out of college for around a decade before UFC 1! The many NHB fight friends that I hung out with were of similar age. We were ALL of legal drinking age long before ANYTHING that could be construed as MMA existed. We ALL drank and partook in "other chemical refreshment" in every one of the hundreds of MMA (many organizations!) events that we watched from day one!

FFS, We "senior citizen" MMA fans have been through a decade of NFL tailgating prior to the first ever UFC fight. I am talking belligerent sloppy drunk by noon every Sunday home game!!!!!

I’m 32.

Yep, cards are watered down now with no-name fighters nobody cares about. I miss the old days.

most people that reminisce about 'the old days' probably weren't even fans back then.

If you weren't, let me give you a rundown: it sucked. You'd be watching a card and the announcers would constantly reference some insane fight that happened earlier... on the prelims. You'd never get to see that fight unless you got the DVD or they put it on Unleashed.

Yeah, it was soooooo fun to wait a month and a half for a card and then only get to see 5 of the 12 fights, one of them probably having fucking Tim Sylvia in it.

tenor.gif

Back