Nate Diaz Defends Conor McGregor, Calls Critical Boxers Clowns. "Don't Be Talking S---"

James Baller

Black Belt
Banned
Reaction score

Nate Diaz surprises me sometimes. I want to share with you guys some thoughtful things he recently had to say about the boxing community's reaction to his former rival, Conor McGregor:

“Now all the boxers are criticizing Conor like ‘Conor will get embarrassed’, but that’s a real arrogant thing to say. Wanna’ know something that’s even more embarrassing? If Floyd fought Conor in an MMA match, it would be more embarrassing than if Conor fought Floyd in a boxing match. [Floyd] would get mounted and laughed at, and slapped around [and Conor] would smile at the crowd and wave.

Boxers are clowns sometimes now. I’m never taking the MMA fighters over the boxer’s side when it comes to punching and sh-t, but I’m like, don’t be talking sh-t. [They say MMA fighters] ‘would get embarrassed, it’s ridiculous’ yeah, but we’re talking real fighting now you one-dimensional boxing f-cks. This is real life sh-t, you’ll get embarrassed.

<{natewhut}>

“That [Malignaggi] guy was on the internet talking sh-t on him the other day. I’m like, What kind of sparring partners you got? I’d shove that guy in the gym and beat his ass if I was Conor, like: ‘what you’re going to put me on blast about what? You don’t know shit. What gave you the right to talk sh-t, criticize if we’re working together when I could beat your ass for real?’. Don’t even speak. That’s my thoughts.”

I like hearing Diaz say how he really feels, and always appreciate a martial-artist speaking well of a former rival. Him and McGregor had two epic fights, they really did. And he makes some damn good points here. This is what it boils down to: boxing is insecure right now. McGregor has made David Haye, Terrance Crawford, all those guys insecure. Amazing the effect the guy has, huh?

Well, happy Saturday all, cheers.

http://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/nate-diaz/nate-diaz-boxing-floyd-mayweather-paul-malignaggi/

Last edited:
Read that with the Diaz lisp. Was glorious and he is right. Nate would fucking stomp every boxer out there in a real fight.

nate might talk some shit, but he never talks bullshit

Nate got that Malignaggi episode all wrong though. Malignaggi would've kept his mouth shut, if McGregor didn't put up all those pictures of him on the internet.

Nate got that Malignaggi episode all wrong though. Malignaggi would've kept his mouth shut, if McGregor didn't put up all those pictures of him on the internet.

Lol I just find it funny thinking about Conor in has spare time, sitting st the computer at home, probably in tje basement, trying to find still frame pics of the sparring where he looked good, to post it on the internet.

I don't really think Conor had anything to do with that photo

nate might talk some shit, but he never talks bullshit
100%!

That's why when I read the article I sourced in the OP, I had to share it and commend Nate Diaz here.

While fighters do often times speak with bravado and machismo, I think this coming from the heart. The man is a martial-artist, he has respect, and a keen eye for combat.

I agree with him too.

;)

it's smart of Nate to talk shit about boxers, I think he might want a big boxing match himself.

Malinaggi talked shit before they even sparred tho

"I can beat Conor with one hand tied behind my back"
"This camera guy could beat Conor"

Could be that Nate is saying don't talk that shit in the first place about a MMA fighter.

Too real for MMA

Too real for boxing.

Sorry, just found video with the audio guys. I put it in the OP to save you some reading.

Diaz is good wherever the fight goes but he barely has any control over where the fight takes place. I think a pro boxer would beat his ass in mma, boxing or "real fighting".

And McGregor is straight savage but some.of his training techniques are comedy gold.

Conor is getting embarrassed. Sorry Nate.

Nate wants one more Red Panty Night so he can ride off into the sunset with a load of fat stacks.

Back