Media Nate Diaz: Poirier & Gaethje don't "fit the criteria" for BMF title: "they're dorks"

Lets be honest, Porier looks like he'd let his daughter give him a makeover for tea time, and Gaethje looks like he gives his mom foot rubs.
You're saying a real bad motherfucker doesn't love their mama and baby girl?

QB1Kg9K.gif

8LMu.gif

U what Nate wanna see my kung fu

They don't got 35 losses between them so they don't deserve to carry the legacy of Masvidal and Nate

Nate is a dork because he takes this dumb pro wrestling belt serious....

Lets be honest you'd quiver in fear if either man stepped to you, you'd be crying for your Mommy. No sense crying to your Daddy because he is an even bigger puss than you are.
But I'd say it to their face, and they're pretty chill so they'd do nothing and probably laugh. I don't see how you thinking these guys would beat me up for you makes any sort of point.

Give Nate 5 rounds and the tides would eventually turn.

4 and 5 would be a slowed Gaethje/DP and Nate would still be there.

Give Nate unlimited time and he eventually beats both.

Oh BS, Nate never wins any fight that goes beyond the 3 rounds, except what once? This unlimited time limit Nate is just laughable

Almost knocked out the WW champion.

Had Conor running.

Everyone should know by now Nate is the terminator. His opponent will eventually slow down while he keeps going.

Unlimited time and Nate rarely loses. He's a fighter. The UFC is a sport.
And yet...he doesn't win

It's hilarious that Sherdog takes a break from arguing about who is GOAT and who is P4P best and is now arguing about this pretend belt.

The UFC is a sport.

I'm talking about FIGHTING.

I'll take Nate over most of the guys he lost to in a sporting event in an actual fight.

My opinion.
What's he magically going to do in a "fight" that he hasn't been able to do in a cage? Get taken down and have his head bounced off the road?

He would’ve smoked Poirier, I’m bummed that fight never came together.
Super Doubtful. There are reasons why Dustin Poirier has been either Top 5 or Top 3 for long periods in his career and Nate never got there.

Nate Diaz: 21 - 13 record
Dustin Poirier: 29 - 7 record

Had Conor running.

Everyone should know by now Nate is the terminator. His opponent will eventually slow down while he keeps going.

Almost isn't really a great criteria. Nate's brother Nick "almost" got finished twice by Paul Daley in R1 and Nick came back and KO'd Paul Daley all in the same R1. So almost didn't really work out so well for Daley. Pat Barry had several fights were it looked like he was about to get the early KO finish and ended up getting finished himself by KO or submission. Almost didn't work well for Pat Barry either. The reality is that Edwards won the fight and it wasn't that close.

I also remember Nate vs. Thomson, Dos Anjos, Henderson, Masvidal and MacDonald where he was completely out classed. If those fights went longer, the result would have been a worse beat down for Nate.

Had Conor running.

i think Nate could eventually overwhelm Poirier with his pace but i think Justin would TKO him with leg kicks. its a strategy thats been used against Nate before. Justin's got a good chin and some of the best leg kicks in the game. he tore Poirier's quad muscle with them. i dont see Nate walking out of the octagon if he can't get Justin to the ground.

Back