Nate Diaz would Have beat both Iaquinta or Cerrone without much Effort

I sip nobodies anything

I do me and me alone

I don't give a shit about anyone in mma enough to hold them on a pedestal

I'm interested in the truth above all else
Respect bro. I apologize for what I said earlier.

Loses the decision to iaquinta unless he comes in motivated and good pressure like he does when he fights against Conor.

He would TKO cowboy, cowboy can't handle his mental games.

Lmao Diaz is a 60 show/60 win middle of the pack guy who got whooped whenever he got a title shot. Him and Nick are extremely overrated and none of them have won a fight in years. Their hype is unjustified, its just that most sherdog users are prepubescents who fall in love with their antics and thuggish demeanor.

Yes, they are good but far from great. He needs to fight and win.... could have, should have means jackshit. Nate would have beaten Max, Dustin, Al, Cerrone ......yeah right.

...I love the Diaz bros, but they are sometimes their own worst enemy

Sometimes, but we don’t know if this is one of those times.

Maybe Nate isn’t thirsty.

Maybe Nate is weighing cost and reward after fighting professionally since he was nineteen / 2004.

For us the fans, Nate not fighting at a time like this is brutal but for Nate, do we know for sure that holding out isn’t best?

I cant speak to understand mma too much. But skill for skill, i find nate would have difficulty with Iaquinta whereas a more jaded and experienced Cowboy would strategize better against Diaz.
Nate has a unique skillset but he is easy to gameplan against

How would Nate Diaz beat anyone without much effort when it seems to require a Herculean effort for him to make it to the cage. The Diaz brothers don’t fight anymore, and are thus irrelevant.

Nates been mopped up by most 155 elites.
I think what we have here is rock paper scissors- mma math.... people , still , dont learn.

Just maybe he can( al too)- the only water it holds is that he hasn't regressed since last time he made walk which was when ??
Maybe he loses to both now ??

How do we know what Nate Diaz can do now since there is no current data to evaluate? He is skilled and he is tough with great cardio. However, he has holes in his game. The lead leg is there for the taking and he has real problems with wrestlers. Nick is elite enough to beat top fighters from time to time and he also loses plenty of fights.

I unfortunately missed the golden age of the Diaz brothers (Aside from the Nate/Conor stuff).

So the anywhere, anytime BS that they spew is just that, BS. They're both babies who seem to coast on their rep and not reality.

With that being said, Nate would still give Cowboy lots of trouble. He's long and he knows how to use it. But I'd definitely root for the fighter that actually IS an anytime, anywhere fighter.

Nate could do really well against the best
His always a very very tough matchup for anyone, the guy has an insane chin and just won't stop. His boxing is very crisp and his BJJ is excellent.

It is what it is, Nate had his time, he just isn't as motivated as he was before. It happens when you've been fighting for so long, especially after getting 2 massive pay days like he did. You are financially set

Lmao Diaz is a 60 show/60 win middle of the pack guy who got whooped whenever he got a title shot. Him and Nick are extremely overrated and none of them have won a fight in years. Their hype is unjustified, its just that most sherdog users are prepubescents who fall in love with their antics and thuggish demeanor.

Yes, they are good but far from great. He needs to fight and win.... could have, should have means jackshit. Nate would have beaten Max, Dustin, Al, Cerrone ......yeah right.
Judging his actual skillet paints a very different picture of how good Nate is and how he stylistically matches up with the current 155 division

In that sense, record clearly isn't everything especially when many of those losses were far removed from his current skill level.

I'd take him over all the guys you listed actually. He matches up well with every single one of them skill wise and stylistically. Already beat one of them in dominant fashion as a significantly lesser version of himself. Conor is a much tougher stylistic fight than anyone listed above. I don't see any of those guys beating Nate on the feet

Last edited:
I unfortunately missed the golden age of the Diaz brothers (Aside from the Nate/Conor stuff).

So the anywhere, anytime BS that they spew is just that, BS. They're both babies who seem to coast on their rep and not reality.

With that being said, Nate would still give Cowboy lots of trouble. He's long and he knows how to use it. But I'd definitely root for the fighter that actually IS an anytime, anywhere fighter.
For most of their careers, they were those fighters. After fighting for over a decade each, can you really blame them for holding out for better and considering their own future and livelihood?

I believe any fighter who's paid their dues has earned that right

Too bad he waiting for Conor

It's a good time in the division for him to come back

Skill and stylistically he matches up very well in the current 155 division
If Nate has been staying sharp and training, I'd probably agree with you.

Nate is pretty underrated on these forums because he got too popular and earlier in his career got wrestlefucked. I'm just sad that the's sitting out the prime of his career.

Cowboy would take him down and beat him up from the top if they fought again. He's been more willing to do what it takes to win instead of just standing and banging like he used it. Al could do the same thing, but he love his hands too much.

I don't think it would be "easy" but I think he would beat them both.

Judging his actual skillet paints a very different picture of how good Nate is and how he stylistically matches up with the current 155 division

In that sense, record clearly isn't everything especially when many of those losses were far removed from his current skill level.

I'd take him over all the guys you listed actually. He matches up well with every single one of them skill wise and stylistically. Already beat one of them in dominant fashion as a significantly lesser version of himself. Conor is a much tougher stylistic fight than anyone listed above. I don't see any of those guys beating Nate on the feet

Lmao i would never bet on a 19-11 lw who hasnt fought in 3 years to beat the fw champ, lw champ, no 4 and no 8 in his division one after another. I would ROFl if they asked me to. Few guys can get away with being out for that long and still be on top. This isnt 2014-2015 anymore and Nate is not that brilliant or great to comeback and kill it. No way.

Cowboy would take him down and beat him up from the top if they fought again. He's been more willing to do what it takes to win instead of just standing and banging like he used it. Al could do the same thing, but he love his hands too much.
nates a 2nd degree bLck belt and been training with Kron for the last 5 years. It's a bit odd that people think that's the easiest method of victory against him, assuming he's not massively outstrengthed, he's one of the toughest guys to deal with off his back.

You really need to be a Khabib / rda type fighter from the top. The guys who best Nate are strong, have very good grappling, top game and pressure. IN the post usada era and with Nate changing his diet and filling out more, along with presumably improved grappling.. Even then I don't see it being as easy as 5 or more years ago. Which is where many of those loses happened

I doubt either of those guys would want to mess with Nate too much there, Cerrone would be more confident in doing so.

nates a 2nd degree bLck belt and been training with Kron for the last 5 years. It's a bit odd that people think that's the easiest method of victory against him, assuming he's not massively outstrengthed, he's one of the toughest guys to deal with off his back.

You really need to be a Khabib / rda type fighter from the top. The guys who best Nate are strong, have very good grappling, top game and pressure.

I doubt either of those guys would want to mess with Nate too much there, Cerrone would be more confident in doing so.
Nate is generally happy to sit on his back and play guard, that loses you fights. Cowboys has a great top game, he was controlling Robbie Lawler on the ground.

Back