Nate tried quitting but ref wouldn’t stop it

He literally presented his ass to Leon on multiple occasions.

You are equating laying down with walking in the opposite direction and shaking your head "no" 3 times in a row while the ref asks what is going on? Are you messing with me right now or are you actually serious?
They're both not fighting. Both guys were taking turns doing silly bullshit and the Diaz brothers in particular have a history of doing silly stuff in fights. Nate has never given up in a fight ever this is some ridiculous bashing going on in here.

While you're searching maybe you can find me the vid of Ferguson laying down in the middle of a fight too. Since that's atypical for him he must have been quitting

Ferguson was obviously having a laugh with Nate, after Nate did this weird shit.

Nate clearly wasn't having a laugh when he shook his head, turned his back and waved what I and many others believe was "I'm done".

Had the ref stopped it there, then no complaints from me. Nate looked like he wanted out at that time.

Yeah that looked weird as fuck, but hey It’s Nate….

Ferguson was obviously having a laugh with Nate, after Nate did this weird shit.

Nate clearly wasn't having a laugh when he shook his head, turned his back and waved what I and many others believe was "I'm done".

Had the ref stopped it there, then no complaints from me. Nate looked like he wanted out at that time.
Yet he went on to win by sub and never looked like he wasn't actively trying to win, other than a few moments of taunting. You guys are being ridiculous lmao

They're both not fighting. Both guys were taking turns doing silly bullshit and the Diaz brothers in particular have a history of doing silly stuff in fights. Nate has never given up in a fight ever this is some ridiculous bashing going on in here.

It really isn't bashing. Nate has never done this before in any fight, can you post any examples?

Many here, not just me, legit thought he was quitting.

It's not bashing, it's what we saw and thought.

Seems in round 3 he tried quitting by waving it off multiple times but ref wouldn’t stop the fight.

it was after a massive low kick to the right leg.
He just kept walking around just waving his hand.
I seriously thought Nate was trying to quit but ref wouldn’t accept it. So he just went back to fighting.

I thought the same - seemed that he was as gesturing to say he was done and Tony stood off which gave him time to recover. Weird as fuck moment for sure.

I am a Diaz fan man. I've watched loads of Diaz fights. Nothing like Nate doing that has ever happened. It was weird. We don't have to pretend otherwise or lie about his other fights where nothing in the universe even remotely resembled it.

Tony randomly laying down was an homage to Nick btw.

Lol at people saying it was typical taunting
HE TURNED HIS FUCKING BACK and walked away from his opponent
The ref looked at Nate and Nate shook his head no
Please someone post a vid or gif cause any other fighter would've been stopped there or at the very least the ref would've been more assertive in making him continue to fight

Yeah. Watch it again. Tony lands that brutal shin to shin kick that buckles Nate. He hobbled a bit, winces and then backs off. Thought at first look it was bating, but ref told him multiple times to fight and kept shaking his head and finger saying no. He got his composure back then continued. Not sure a none main event fighter would have received the same leeway.

Imagine watching Nate Diaz for 15 fucking years and thinking he would quit.

So many new fans. <Lmaoo>

I have been watching for over two decades and I legitimately thought he was quitting. That wasn't his normal BS taunting. Legit looked like he was done and I'm not so certain he wasn't trying to quit.

Yeah. Watch it again. Tony lands that brutal shin to shin kick that buckles Nate. He hobbies a bit, winces and then backs off. Thought at first look it was bating, but ref told him multiple times to fight and kept shaking his head and finger saying no. He got his composure back then continued. Not sure a none main event fighter would have received the same leeway.
remind us how the fight ended?

I have been watching for over two decades and I legitimately thought he was quitting. That wasn't his normal BS taunting. Legit looked like he was done and I'm not so certain he wasn't trying to quit.
it honestly just looked like he wasn't prepared to deal with this stick and move shit, he was prepared to fight a wrestler. He took time to compose himself and chew up some time on the clock, and it worked out. Tony was going on the ground or on the feet by the 5th , that was obvious. Diaz boxed him tf up and caused panic wrestling per usual.

Nah. No bashing. You're just refusing to see the obvious.

Maybe he was doing his normal bull shit but it sure looked like he was quitting.

Seems in round 3 he tried quitting by waving it off multiple times but ref wouldn’t stop the fight.

I seriously thought Nate was trying to quit but ref wouldn’t accept it. So he just went back to fighting.
I thought that Nate was taunting Tony, shaking his head like Tony did as he got TKOed by Gaethje — fucking with Tony’s head to get a chance to recover from a nasty kick.

I thought so too. So did the group I watched it with.

I'll agree Nate looked angry, frustrated, hurt, tired, combined with a 'fuck you I'm done chasing you' look and that could look like quitting.

But I never got the sense Nate wanted out of the fight.

I'm a fan of both was rooting for both , but that was diaz saying fuck this shit I'm not playing this leg kick shit I'm outta here the fights over ...but tony had to much fucking respect for diaz , he could finished him there or atleast made the ref stop it

Back