News Nate vs Khamzat Headliner for UFC 279 September 10th

Who Wins?

• Total voters
Lol didn't Dana say that the UFC is in the business off booking the best fighters against the best? Looks like the Tomato lied again. WTF is this matchup, what will it prove, and who wants to see Diaz wrestlefucked for a round or two

What happened to Belal? Colby? Fuck this shit
Dude Colby/Khamzat would be a fantastic fight to headline a PPV, it's insane they haven't managed to put it together somehow.

Fuck Dana and the UFC. Why can't they let Diaz go make some coin with Paul.... Greedy fucks

<----- Not even I want to see this as a main event in Las Vegas. Love me some Diaz Bros but he should be headlining a fight night card at best. This reminds me of Colby Vs Masvidal without any of the intrigue or buildup that fight had. They are doing Diaz dirty but I will still be rooting for him.

What a waste of a fight for Khamzat. Diaz doesn't even come close to deserving this fight.

He factually doesn't even deserve a top10 fight but they want to pump as much hype back into Khamzat as possible I suppose with low risk.

Nate is that guy.

Nate has a legendary chin and is a cardio machine and Khamzat is wild and wreckless. I believe there’s a really chance he gasses himself going for the finish in round 1 and doesn’t get it and is slowly drowned by Nate until he gets subbed.

If Khamzat doesn’t show much better fight IQ this time around, he will lose. Mark my words.

Nah I’m just playing. Khamzat by murder rd 1
You had me going.
Actually Nate is highly underated. It's an MMA fight and I literally feel like he can beat any WW if he had a lightning in a bottle moment.

Nate won't win this, but having this as a PPV main event actually gives him the best chance. A lot more eyes and pressure on Chimaev and more chances for Nate to get into his head to give him a sliver of a chance to pull off an upset

I'm going to laugh if nate submits a gassed khamzat in the championship rounds.
The odds of this are extremely low, despite the number of people suggesting it. Burns, is a younger, much better and less shopworn version of Nate, and he couldn't pull it off. In 10 fights at WW, Nate has only subbed two people: Marcus Davis (who was old and about to be cut by the UFC) way back in 2010 and Conor, who beat him in their rematch. The odds of any version of Nate winning are quite low, but they're really low at this point. Anything can happen, but Nate winning is almost purely a nostalgic fantasy. This is likely to be an even uglier version of Nate vs. Rory.

Khamzat to score over / under 25 takedowns on Nate?

64mm3t_medium.gif
Probably very few. Nate isn't getting back up often I imagine if Khamzat gets him down.

What a waste of a fight for Khamzat. Diaz doesn't even come close to deserving this fight.

He factually doesn't even deserve a top10 fight but they want to pump as much hype back into Khamzat as possible I suppose with low risk.

Nate is that guy.

I understand why the UFC/Dana White did this. They want to hype the next coming of Jesus to super stratospheric levels. This may do it for Khamzat. He'll get the title shot after beating Nate.

Is this the biggest squash match to headlinine a PPV in a long time? Only Shevchenko fights have over -1000 odds regularly but she never gets to headline events.

I understand why the UFC/Dana White did this. They want to hype the next coming of Jesus to super stratospheric levels. This may do it for Khamzat. He'll get the title shot after beating Nate.
Everyone gets a titleshot after beating Nate. It's so silly lol

I like Khamzat but this matchup is quite dumb. I get why they did it though.

Back