Nate's Boxing Is So Overrated

He might have bad form on his punches but he has the superhuman ability to have endless cardio and a granite chin. Getting hit with 60% punches over the course of 15 mins nonstop is gonna tire and frustrate you to getting sloppy yourself. Add getting slapped and taunted throughout the fight and anyone would start swinging harder to get the ko only to be more tired and drown from the constant pressure.

Bullshit. Michael Johnson is a sound technical striker and Nate pieced him up for 3 straight rounds. Some have blasted him with low kicks, but you can’t name someone that outboxed him and he has fought plenty of top talent to have an adequate sample size. Aesthetically pleasing and good boxing are two different things. He has excellent timing, distance control, jab and clinch work is excellent.
MJ is shit on or worse dismissed on these boards. It’s too bad.

Should I? Is my memory failing or did Ben Henderson not clown him on the feet too? How about Josh Thomson moving laterally and avoiding all of Nates punches before landing that headlock?
I never really thought Nate's boxing was great all throughout his LW tenure.

He always seemed like a budget Nick.

but when he took a year off complaining about pay and then came back to fight Michael Johnson, he leveled up.

I think he prob spent that entire year in the boxing gym.

from the Mj fight to the first and second Diaz fight I think we seen Nate go from being a budget Nick to being just as good as his brother.

a lot of people don't realize how much he actually improved. That's why I've always said his prior record can only say so much.

I’ve been saying this for years. He’s slow, lacks head movement, footwork, and his all around defense is sub par.

Nicks boxing is great.
Nate? His boxing is a trash.
Blocks punches with his head.
Spamming 1 2.
Slow footwork, doesnt know how to cage cut
Has long reach but cannot use that reach advantage like Tony Ferg.
Lacks power in his punch

I never really thought Nate's boxing was great all throughout his LW tenure.

He always seemed like a budget Nick.

but when he took a year off complaining about pay and then came back to fight Michael Johnson, he leveled up.

I think he prob spent that entire year in the boxing gym.

from the Mj fight to the first and second Diaz fight I think we seen Nate go from being a budget Nick to being just as good as his brother.

a lot of people don't realize how much he actually improved. That's why I've always said his prior record can only say so much.
Actually improved but having hard time with welterweight Pettis and gets a bad beating by Street Juda.
He is still a budget Nick like you said.

Hard to call something so effective “overrated.” The rating comes from his ability to box up guys who are known to have good mma boxing. Oh, and Andre Ward disagrees. You know, the guy who is a former undefeated champion, that constantly topped pound for pound rankings.
And Amir Khan
sorry but I'm gonna go with andre wards opinion over yours ts. no offense...

sorry but I'm gonna go with andre wards opinion over yours ts. no offense...

No offense taken.

Can't have a discussion without all opinions weighing in. I respect everyone who contributes.

What's amazing is that you know exactly why your post is bullshit, but you still posted it anyway.

So landing a 1,2 on an opponent automatically means you have great boxing skills? Okay then.

<36>

Glad you finally get it.
amir khan literally saw Nate get the better of a 175 pound pro boxing champ.

you think maybe he might be a bit better than you're giving him credit for?

maybe you should refrain from making threads about things you clearly don't understand

They are mates, obviously he's gonna hype him up.
Amir Khan hyped him up too

sAw him get the better of a boxing world champion in sparring and showed him a lot of respect.

Khan isn't his mate or part of his camp

I’ve been saying this for years. He’s slow, lacks head movement, footwork, and his all around defense is sub par.
you can find a great many elite Mexican boxers who are similarly deficient in such attributes as well.

There are many styles and ways for a fighter to be effective

Nate simply isn't great fighting at range. Nor is his brother.

you seen what Condit did to his style.

But he makes up for it with his close range work.

many mma fans seem to forget that inside game exists and is a huge part of boxing.

amir khan literally saw Nate get the better of a 175 pound pro boxing champ.

Amir Khan saw this. Andre Ward said that. You can believe what ya'll want to believe. I'm not saying they are lying. I am however basing my hypothesis off of what we have seen in the octagon, not what others have seen behind closed doors.

you think maybe he might be a bit better than you're giving him credit for?

I'm not saying Nate has trash boxing skills. What I am saying is that his boxing isn't as good as many make it to be, at least not based off of what we have seen inside the Octagon.

maybe you should refrain from making threads about things you clearly don't understand

If you're so qualified then maybe you can provide some counter arguments?

Amir Khan saw this. Andre Ward said that. You can believe what ya'll want to believe. I'm not saying they are lying. I am however basing my hypothesis off of what we have seen in the octagon, not what others have seen behind closed doors.

I'm not saying Nate has trash boxing skills. What I am saying is that his boxing isn't as good as many make it to be, at least not based off of what we have seen inside the Octagon.

If you're so qualified then maybe you can provide some counter arguments?
I went balls deep into my last Nate thread.

balls

deep

my posts are gonna be much more on point and higher quality in there than I can produce right now.

in laymans terms, its his inside boxing that is among the best in the sports history.

you are judging aspects of his game that aren't even things he does well

I'll give you an analogy, do we judge Nick's boxing on the embarrassing loss to Condit?

no, he's just not great at range or dealing with movement.

same is true for Nate

We all know he sucks at range, his head movement is non existent, his movement isn't great

That's not why people see him as one of the best boxers in mma.

that's not why he's capable of hanging with elite boxers in sparring or why someone like Andre Ward, having trained with him for like a decade speaks so highly of him.

Last edited:
Should I? Is my memory failing or did Ben Henderson not clown him on the feet too? How about Josh Thomson moving laterally and avoiding all of Nates punches before landing that headlock?
Those are two examples. Give more. You are making it sound like i said its impossible for nate diaz to be outstuck. Stop being silly man. Majority of his losses come from people with yhe ability to control nate with strong grappling. We both know that is a fact.

Back