National Hispanic Heritage Month

Wait, is this where "hispanic" isn't considered "white", or is that just for FBI crime stats?

So let's get this straight.

- Columbus didn't arrive here and claim what is now Latin America for Spain.
- The Hispanic race are not the descendants of Spanish settlers who came here due to Columbus
- Latinos aren't descended from the Spanish who came here due to Columbus claiming the lands

If Columbus doesn't sail or doesn't sail for Spain, then France or England could have claimed all the lands now inhabited by Hispanics. Their culture and language is Spanish because of Columbus and him fighting for years and years to get funding for his trip and risking his life. And he's called a monster by the people who would literally not exist if he had not come here.

The Portuguese were bound to find America sooner rather than later if Columbus failed, its not like the Spanish would sit on their hands when it came to the age of exploration.

Well I don't like the social justice way of dividing everyone into victim groups.
White power did the dividing, minority groups like Asians, Blacks, Native Americans are only responding to these divisions that were created.
And it was the Nixon administration that created the Hispanic label, to screw over Blacks, cause they thought this new linguistic-cultural grouping they created can be used against Black political aspirations and grievances.

how stupid do you have to be to get banned from sherdog lol
There have been innumerable posters banned from here, who then reappear repeatedly, and the bulk of said posters are rightwingers.

99% of hispanics are the nicest people I have ever met but man, that 1% are just fucking assholes lol.

White power did the dividing, minority groups like Asians, Blacks, Native Americans are only responding to these divisions that were created.
And it was the Nixon administration that created the Hispanic label, to screw over Blacks, cause they thought this new linguistic-cultural grouping they created can be used against Black political aspirations and grievances.
Well I think it's about time we ditch all the different "racial groups months." I don't think it helps us.

There have been innumerable posters banned from here, who then reappear repeatedly, and the bulk of said posters are rightwingers.
just because they got banned from a forum for their views doesnt mean they were wrong. and it shows their strong belief in their ideals that they keep coming back.

Why does Black History month get an actual month of the calendar while Hispanic Heritage Month gets thirty days haphazardly organized? They gave us tequila, Trump could at least give them all of September.

It has to do with large parts of Latin America (Mexico & Central America) became independent on September 15 and Columbus day on October 12 which is called Día de La Raza in latin America. Day of the Raza is celebrating of the 2 world's coming together to form the "Raza", the multicultural Latin Americans.

dia-de-la-raza-mosaico-necesitodetodos.jpg

just because they got banned from a forum for their views doesnt mean they were wrong. and it shows their strong belief in their ideals that they keep coming back.
Not a matter of right or wrong ; they couldn't or wouldn't follow the Forum rules and guidelines.

Well I think it's about time we ditch all the different "racial groups months." I don't think it helps us.
As racial , ethnic and sectarian prejudice and tribalism isn't going away anytime soon, it doesn't make sense to ditch the labels. But I do think the labels need revising, cause Hispanic/Latino and Asian American are both illogical.

I'm not a fan of this.

Instead of calling yourself and "African American", a "Hispanic American" etc. Just say "I'm an American."
We would love to. But we need whitey to help us with that as well.
Big brother Whitey will never.. ever.. just call anyone in America an American. Maybe in the distant future, when everybody looks more like the goobacks of Southpark, then we will all be considered Americans.

Lmao, yes white people are the cause to people being prideful of their skin color and ancestry. Oh the horror!

Lmao, yes white people are the cause to people being prideful of their skin color and ancestry. Oh the horror!
I didn't say that. I said the reason we have these hyphenated Americans is for most of US history anyone who wasn't White was not considered a real American.

Here is an analogy, one I read about on a well known motorcycle/chopper blog (CyrilHuzeBlog) :
This blog featured a post about a Black motorcycle club. Some of the commenters expressed animosity towards there being a Black club. It was explained to them, that the reason Black motorcycle clubs sprouted up was because when the founders of this club approached mainstream Biker clubs about joining, they were denied, owing to their race. So they started their own club.

I'm not a fan of this.

Instead of calling yourself and "African American", a "Hispanic American" etc. Just say "I'm an American."

Always pay homage to you're ancestors. If you don't know or you forget your history, It's sad.

Back