NBA/ABA Top 100 Player Pyramid

How much of this did you plagiarize from The Book of Basketball by Bill Simmons?

Don't think I've forgotten about your natural tendencies (though you never measured up to @Chillez).

Steph in the top 35. Wow. Fuck this guy

Carried 5 teams to championships and would have had 7 if not for referee intervention/betting scandals.

Your analysis is the type you'd get from someone who has never watched the beautiful game before.

VC on the GOATs "level". I've truly lived to see it all, LMFAO.
You must've never heard of Saquille O'Neal. He was the most valuable player in the league for about 5 years, and the primary reason Kobe got his first three rings. A dozen other guys could've replaced Kobe, and rode Shaq's coat tails to the top as well.
Also, VC was obviously not on Kobe's level career-wise. But circa 2000 he was. So was GP, TMac, JK. Flash fwd several years, and Lebron, Melo, and Wade are on his level. Flash fwd a few more years and Durant's on his level as well. Kobe has never been in a league of his own. Great player, but your creepy mancrush on him seriously skews what reality was.

Last edited:
You must've never heard of Saquille O'Neal. He was the most valuable player in the league for about 5 years, and the primary reason Kobe got his first three rings. A dozen other guys could've replaced Kobe, and rode Shaq's coat tails to the top as well.
Also, VC was obviously not on Kobe's level career-wise. But circa 2000 he was. So was GP, TMac, JK. Flash fwd several years, and Lebron, Melo, and Wade are on his level. Flash fwd a few more years and Durant's on his level as well. Kobe has never been in a league of his own. Great player, but your creepy mancrush on him seriously skews what reality was.

lol'ing hard @ this laughable analysis. You're a fan of the game, let the analyses be made by those with actual experience at the highest levels (myself, etc).

Snaq's fatass had Penny Hardaway in his PRIME and couldn't get it done ROFL. He had LEROIDS in his PRIME and couldn't get it done ROFL.

Sorry, but if anything, Snaq's fat ass was carried by the 9x 1st team all defense (t-1st place all time). If you actually had watched the game back then (you admit you didn't, which is fine) you would have seen the when the REAL CHAMPIONSHIP was on the line (WCFs [western conference finals since you most likely didn't know that]) it was the one true GOAT who led the Lakers passed the Spurs, Kings, etc.

Sorry, but scoring 81 points in a single game = a league of his own ROFL. Couple this with the FACT that he is the single greatest perimeter defender of all time (as evinced by defensive team selections) and there simply isn't an argument that can be made against him.

You really aren't at the level where you can debate me on this. Take some time, watch the game for about 15-20 more years and then maybe you can come up with some analysis that isn't just there to be lol'd hard @.

lol'ing hard @ this laughable analysis. You're a fan of the game, let the analyses be made by those with actual experience at the highest levels (myself, etc).

Snaq's fatass had Penny Hardaway in his PRIME and couldn't get it done ROFL. He had LEROIDS in his PRIME and couldn't get it done ROFL.

Sorry, but if anything, Snaq's fat ass was carried by the 9x 1st team all defense (t-1st place all time). If you actually had watched the game back then (you admit you didn't, which is fine) you would have seen the when the REAL CHAMPIONSHIP was on the line (WCFs [western conference finals since you most likely didn't know that]) it was the one true GOAT who led the Lakers passed the Spurs, Kings, etc.

Sorry, but scoring 81 points in a single game = a league of his own ROFL. Couple this with the FACT that he is the single greatest perimeter defender of all time (as evinced by defensive team selections) and there simply isn't an argument that can be made against him.

You really aren't at the level where you can debate me on this. Take some time, watch the game for about 15-20 more years and then maybe you can come up with some analysis that isn't just there to be lol'd hard @.
You played cc ball, have an eight-grader's grammatical aptitude, and a serious crush on Kobe. Point well taken.

You played cc ball, have an eight-grader's grammatical aptitude, and a serious crush on Kobe. Point well taken.

Translation:

"I have no counter argument."

Thanks for the concession.

Translation:

"I have no counter argument."

Thanks for the concession.
You're welcome. There's simply no flaws to be found in your A-level, top-of-the-food-chain, analysis. Especially that part where you equated Hakerm to a journeyman.

Steph in the top 35. Wow. Fuck this guy

2-time MVP, 1x champion, 2x conf champion, elite stats, *arguably* the greatest 3pt shooter ever. DAMN...what else does one need to do to get into the top 35??

The thing about Hakeem is he was never really considered the best player. Once he went back to back people started to really consider him an all time great but before then he was just another great big man in a sea of great big men.

Don't get me wrong...by the end of his career he accumulated stats and a resume that distinguishes him from 99.9% of the players in his era. But he didn't dominate his era, wasn't ever considered the face of basketball, and was never in the discussion for GOAT.

When you look at the guys in Tier 1 they DID dominate their eras, were considered the faces of the sport, and at one time were being legitimately discussed as possibly the best player ever. The guys in the top 10 spent the majority of their careers contending for titles and distinguishing themselves. Hakeem distinguished himself more in retrospect.

How much of this did you plagiarize from The Book of Basketball by Bill Simmons?

Don't think I've forgotten about your natural tendencies (though you never measured up to @Chillez).

You mean this Bill Simmons?

bill-simmons-sucks-at-playing-basketball-terrible-basketball-shots.gif

it's really tough to compare guys from the 60's to 80's players and so on. It wasn't a international game back then and a lot of players in the league had a regular job. The 2 best players I've seen are Jordan & Hakeem. Kareem was the best of the old guard. Lebron of course from his gen. From the young guys I'd say Giannis tops the list.

Last edited:
The thing about Hakeem is he was never really considered the best player. Once he went back to back people started to really consider him an all time great but before then he was just another great big man in a sea of great big men.

Don't get me wrong...by the end of his career he accumulated stats and a resume that distinguishes him from 99.9% of the players in his era. But he didn't dominate his era, wasn't ever considered the face of basketball, and was never in the discussion for GOAT.

When you look at the guys in Tier 1 they DID dominate their eras, were considered the faces of the sport, and at one time were being legitimately discussed as possibly the best player ever. The guys in the top 10 spent the majority of their careers contending for titles and distinguishing themselves. Hakeem distinguished himself more in retrospect.
Kobe has never been in the GOAT discussion. He is generally regarded as Diet MJ(which still puts at/near the top). And the "face of basketball" just means that, out of the top 5 or so best players in the league, you are the most marketable. Hakeem was never a really marketable guy. But I agree, his dominance looks better in retrospect, than it did in real time.

Kobe has never been in the GOAT discussion. He is generally regarded as Diet MJ(which still puts at/near the top).

Sure he was, right after he went to his 3rd straight final (for the 2nd time), won his 5th ring, and looked poise to win 6 or 7.

And the "face of basketball" just means that, out of the top 5 or so best players in the league, you are the most marketable. Hakeem was never a really marketable guy. But I agree, his dominance looks better in retrospect, than it did in real time.

Hence why he's a notch below. Tier 1 players are the biggest icons in basketball history. Hakeem isn't.

2x Champion, 1x NBA MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 6th man of the year, 2x NCAA champion....yeah, total scrub
i didnt say he was a scrub. one of the best COLLEGE players ever, obviously (forgot they include ncaa stuff in HOF). however, as a pro he was hurt all the time and didnt put up big enough numbers for long enough. he never even averaged 20 pts a game. and he deserves next to no credit for the second nba title he received. as a standalone, his nba numbers are not hof worthy

Back