NCAA Wrestling

Really? That is a joke

Now I understand why people watch the worlds from Trackwrestling and Flow etc. Really dumb

it's precisely because those sites (trackwrestling, flowrestling) buy the exclusive rights to show the matches in america, so americans can't watch them for free like the rest of the world and have to subscribe to their site to get it instead.

kepitalism ;)

Interesting topic I saw on the mat forums; how would you guys rank the champs P4P?

Very tough, but I’d probably go:

1. Sadulaev
2. Sidakov
3. Yazdani
4. Geno
5. Dake
6. Cox
7. Rashidov
8. Uguev
9. Baev
10. Lomatadze

I think this is about as good of a p4p ranking as you'll get but I think I'd put Geno #2. Akgul was up there with Sad in the p4p rankings heading into 2017 and Geno has beaten him twice in the World finals while winning 3 straight World Golds

I think this is about as good of a p4p ranking as you'll get but I think I'd put Geno #2. Akgul was up there with Sad in the p4p rankings heading into 2017 and Geno has beaten him twice in the World finals while winning 3 straight World Golds
Honestly 2-8 are all really tough. No arguments from me having Geno #2.

the whole "draw" system is archaic. Why do they not just create some ranking system and seed like every other sport competition in the world? Also do away with follow the winner and create a full consolation bracket like most folkstyle tournaments. There's literally nothing complicated about either of those.

I would have it like:
1) Sadulaev
2) Sidakov
3) Dake
4) Petriashvili
5) Yazdani
6) Cox
7) Uguev
8) Rashidov
9) Baev
10) Lomtadze

Interesting topic I saw on the mat forums; how would you guys rank the champs P4P?

Very tough, but I’d probably go:

1. Sadulaev
2. Sidakov
3. Yazdani
4. Geno
5. Dake
6. Cox
7. Rashidov
8. Uguev
9. Baev
10. Lomatadze

I have a hard time ranking Yazdani so high. Putting someone top 3 who just last year was beaten convincingly and has lost two straight to Taylor is difficult to justify. He looked fantastic this year, but he’s probably not even the best in his weight class.

Here's something to think about...

Put out the best possible Oly team for America. Everyone is available.

Here's something to think about...

Put out the best possible Oly team for America. Everyone is available.
Fix?
Retherford (but I would prefer Yianni)
Dake (although I think Burroughs will spoil his chances)
Taylor
Snyder (I think Cox could take him out, though)
Gwiz?

I have no idea about the 125 division? Gable? and is Fix the best at 57?

In my mind:

Spencer Lee
Zain
Dake
Taylor
Cox
Snyder

I think that would produce the best results on a team level.

Lee is the sleeper. He and Daton have always been neck and neck outside of one time when Lee teched him. I think he has more upside and raw talent.
Zain with another year and a non-dogshit draw can go deep.
Dake has a better chance against Sidikov than Burroughs does at this point as he's more defensively sound.
Taylor would handle everyone outside of Yaz and he's still 2-0 against him.
Cox would be a safe medal.
Snyder wouldn't beat Geno or Taha but he would likely handle everyone else en route to a medal.

I have a hard time ranking Yazdani so high. Putting someone top 3 who just last year was beaten convincingly and has lost two straight to Taylor is difficult to justify. He looked fantastic this year, but he’s probably not even the best in his weight class.
I get it. But he’s a 3x World/Olympic champ across 3 weight classes and has been utterly dominant at 86 save for one guy. And if Taylor was healthy, you could make a good case he would be in the Top 3-4. Love Dake and Cox but 79/92 are much weaker weight classes.

In my mind:

Spencer Lee
Zain
Dake
Taylor
Cox
Snyder

I think that would produce the best results on a team level.

Lee is the sleeper. He and Daton have always been neck and neck outside of one time when Lee teched him. I think he has more upside and raw talent.
Zain with another year and a non-dogshit draw can go deep.
Dake has a better chance against Sidikov than Burroughs does at this point as he's more defensively sound.
Taylor would handle everyone outside of Yaz and he's still 2-0 against him.
Cox would be a safe medal.
Snyder wouldn't beat Geno or Taha but he would likely handle everyone else en route to a medal.

I would probably switch Zain/Yianni but otherwise I agree. While I don’t think Snyder would have any chance against Akgul or Geno, I think he would have higher odds of winning Bronze (or Silver with the Top 2 seeded on the same side) than Gwiz or another heavy. No matter who we send, the ceiling is Silver/Bronze. Those top two guys are on another level. Incredible athletes for their size.

I think Gable is going to get that spot next year. He should have had it this year

I think Gable is going to get that spot next year. He should have had it this year

Agree with this. His learning curve has shown to be sharp. In 2018 he lost to Nelson and was teched by Coon. In 2019 he beat Nelson 5-1 and handily beat Coon in two straight. That’s a lot of improvement in one year.

Kerkvliet isn’t taking a redshirt. What a terrible decision by tOSU.

Ok, great. That doesn’t make it any less of a terrible decision.

If he gets hurt, it looks bad. He’s getting some world-class PT and strength training so I’m hoping that makes a difference. He could be a world champ one day, he’s an absolute freak. I’ll give tOSU the benefit of the doubt here.

Back