Need new headphones. Headphone bruhs, gtfih

I'm also in the camp that says to stay clear of Beats Audio products. I fell for the hype & bought an overpriced pair that sounded OK but which stopped working after about four months. I was able to exchange them for a new pair but they only lasted for three. So, fed up ( & broke at the time ) I replaced them with a cheap $50 pair of Altec Lansing & they not only sound much better than the Beats but they've lasted for over a year with no problems whatsoever.

It's not really a camp... they suck.

Ear plugs make them work in any environment. What trans cranial do you use?

I also use the Trekz Titanium’s. I was under the impression earplugs were not necessary - the point to allow hearing environmental sound.

Perhaps my skull has conductivity issues...but they work great in the office

I also use the Trekz Titanium’s. I was under the impression earplugs were not necessary - the point to allow hearing environmental sound.

Perhaps my skull has conductivity issues...but they work great in the office

Yeah but it's relative because they don't block out the noise; so if the surrounding noise is 80 decibels then you need the trekz to pump out 120db to hear it distinctly. If it's a noisy environment earplugs mean you get mad bass and hear it real loud on the lowest settings.

I don't wear plugs when the environmental noise is average, like cycling etc when hearing around me is real important but on the train or plane I'll bang em in and it's bliss.

I bought a gaming headset the other day- Sennheiser Game Zeros for ~$120.

I'm planning just to use it as a personal headset for longer phone calls. It comes with a 3.5mm jack cord. Pretty stoked on it. It has a swing down mic and when I've talked on the phone people say it's crystal clear and has really high quality speakers. Plus it's a gaming headset so it has all day comfort/airflow in mind. Plus I really like that the mic mutes when you swing it up. It's essentially what I've been looking for in a headset for quite awhile.

The only three things where it could be improved to me would be bluetooth capability, a bit less conspicuous mic, and generally less gaudy looks. But I really like it and would recommend it for anyone who makes long as phone calls.

product_detail_x2_desktop_G4ME-ZERO-Black-product-detail-sennheiser.jpg

Don't go to Best Buy or a similar chain to get headphones. Go to a good music store that caters to actual musicians and has a recording department (be very careful with Guitar Center, as they can be hit or miss re: employee knowledge and product familiarity). Sweetwater is probably the best online music store that sells super high end recording gear and would have a bunch of reviews for their products. I have an $80 pair of Audio-Technicas that I've used for years.
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/search.php?s=headphones

Here is a little secret: the top recording studios have lower end headphones and crummy speakers as well as their state of the art reference monitors/cans. Reason being, is the average listener isn't going to be listening in a multimillion dollar acoustically perfect environment or on top of the line headphones, and they need to mix the music to still sound good on budget gear.

I dont like earbuds
but they are the only headphones i dont routineley destroy :(

Back