New England Cartel Ain't It

Siver!

Sedriques Dumbass Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
UFC 300, huge fight against a former champion, and that's the performance we get from Calvin Kattar, a legit striker at 145?

Hate to do this to a smallish American gym, but yeah... they can get guys into the top 15, but then they really, really struggle.

Defence just isn't something these guys seem to train.

If I'm Calvin Kattar and Rob Font, I'd go somewhere else and try to learn how to do something other than punch.

UFC 300, huge fight against a former champion, and that's the performance we get from Calvin Kattar, a legit striker at 145?

Hate to do this to a smallish American gym, but yeah... they can get guys into the top 15, but then they really, really struggle.

Defence just isn't something these guys seem to train.

If I'm Calvin Kattar and Rob Font, I'd go somewhere else and try to learn how to do something other than punch.

Their two best fighters are 36 years old in lighter divisions and have had multiple injuries and surgeries. It is too late for them to make big changes now; but what they have done is taken new england mma up a level. They are paving the way for the next generations from the area, hopefully.

As for going somewhere else, they have very close relations with xtreme couture and cross train their often.

Their two best fighters are 36 years old in lighter divisions and have had multiple injuries and surgeries. It is too late for them to make big changes now; but what they have done is taken new england mma up a level. They are paving the way for the next generations from the area, hopefully.

New England Cartel did okay in the UFC is the truest statement that could ever be made.

New England Cartel did okay in the UFC is the truest statement that could ever be made.

Definitely. I'm more interested in seeing what they can do with the 16 year old kids entering their gym now. They've established a gym that can produce ufc level talents, which is sorely lacking in new england -- so let's see what they can do with young fighters. They have connections with x treme couture, they have access to high level coaches and training partners. Hopefully it can produce something good, I just don't think it will be soon.

kattar looked straight up confused, like deer in headlights shit. weird fight, i mean i know he's being cautious standing due to threat of TD, but that was one of those fights where the trigger just looks broken. all he did was cut off the angle and wait to be taken down again.

Back