New Gov't Data: 53,000 DACA Recipients Already had an Arrest Record When DACA Status Was Granted

Just look at the at the article trying to dance around and avoid a libel suit. It says criminal record, but nowhere does it say "convicted felon" "convicted murderer" or "convicted rapist", because they weren't actually convicted.

A fair ammount, sure.

But not Rape, murder and sex crimes.
Oh I know. Generally though the Class A or top tier felonies the kid could be 14 but they'll be in adult court.

Just look at the at the article trying to dance around and avoid a libel suit. It says criminal record, but nowhere does it say "convicted felon" "convicted murderer" or "convicted rapist", because they weren't actually convicted.
You don't have a record unless there was a disposition entered in a case. There might be a record you got arrested but a criminal record implies the case was ended in some fashion either guilty, not guilty, dismissed, or dismissed after a Deferred Agreement.

You don't have a record unless there was a disposition entered in a case. There might be a record you got arrested but a criminal record implies the case was ended in some fashion either guilty, not guilty, dismissed, or dismissed after a Deferred Agreement.

Yeah, I know that, but it's not uncommon for a charge to be trumped up in order to persuade a defendant to settle for a lesser charge instead of fight it in court. I'm not saying they're completely innocent here, but the article doesn't mention any convicted rapists or murders, which would be much more pertinent to the point of the article.

It even says "500 accused of a sex crime". That's pretty open-ended and shouldn't be taken as 500 rapists. I wouldn't even be sure that the article is using the "sex crime" legal definition, or if they just made up their own definition.

Yeah, I know that, but it's not uncommon for a charge to be trumped up in order to persuade a defendant to settle for a lesser charge instead of fight it in court. I'm not saying they're completely innocent here, but the article doesn't mention any convicted rapists or murders, which would be much more pertinent to the point of the article.

It even says "500 accused of a sex crime". That's pretty open-ended and shouldn't be taken as 500 rapists. I wouldn't even be sure that the article is using the "sex crime" legal definition, or if they just made up their own definition.
All sex crimes aren't equal either.

Like, you have Billy and John. Both are convicted Child Rapists. Billy was 18 and had sex with his 15.5 year old girlfriend and got reported on by his girlfriend's parents. Consensual blahblah but he still gets jammed up. John got dinged for being 60 and doing shit with an 8 year old.

Given I've SEEN that sort of shit (the above hypothetical) sex crimes when it's teenagers I never jump to the #metoo type "KILL HIM!" reaction.

All sex crimes aren't equal either.

Like, you have Billy and John. Both are convicted Child Rapists. Billy was 18 and had sex with his 15.5 year old girlfriend and got reported on by his girlfriend's parents. Consensual blahblah but he still gets jammed up. John got dinged for being 60 and doing shit with an 8 year old.

Given I've SEEN that sort of shit (the above hypothetical) sex crimes when it's teenagers I never jump to the #metoo type "KILL HIM!" reaction.

Exactly, some of those could be statutory rape, which could be the example you gave above, or drunken college sex that was regretted by their partner the next morning. All it says is that they were accused, not necessarily even charged let alone convicted.

Exactly, some of those could be statutory rape, which could be the example you gave above, or drunken college sex that was regretted by their partner the next morning. All it says is that they were accused, not necessarily even charged let alone convicted.
At least in WA if it appears on your record even as a dismissal it means you were charged. The other thing is if all that happened was you were accused sometimes it won't be for 6 months before the police officially file with the prosecutor to bring charges.

Plenty of times I've heard of guys getting accused turning themselves into the jail 6 months after the initial accusations were laid.

It’s weird that most people forgot what the word ARREST means.

Lmao “you don’t find th number staggering given circumstances”

There are a fucking murderers and rapists in there.

You’re pathetic.

Find this statistic: how many convicted murderers were DACA recipients?

When you find the number, post it. I’ll tell you why you’re stupid.

The specific ones you listed account for less than 1%, so what accounts for the other roughly 50k arrests?

Ding ding ding. A realistic breakdown of these numbers and what they mean doesn’t make for a sensationalist headline. So no need for that info.

Arrests are not the same as conviction.

Do you really think someone convicted of first degree murder would be granted DACA status?

What?! You mean Obama personally didn’t invite 10 murderers into America?! I’m so confused.

All I wanted to do was ingest a headline and vomit our talking points....

It could be counting people who pissed too close to a school too. But who’s got time to actually look at the numbers? There’s narratives to spin.

I thought the article was fairly clear about that.

It is, and yet we still have people in here responding with "OMG they let a bunch of murderers and rapists in the country!!!" like they're unable to read.

The devil is in the details, and a lot of the details are MIA.

It says 53,000 but only talks about 3,000 cases. What are the other 50,000 cases? Are they counting people charged with speeding as having a criminal record? Jay walking? It's impossible to tell because they don't explain those numbers.

The best evidence we have is that illegal immigrants have higher-than-average DUI rates. MSM has promoted a dubious econometric study on the matter, but here we have a longitudinal study of a real population.

Drinking and Driving Among Undocumented Latino Immigrants in Miami-Dade County, Florida.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26514148
That's one county, that's the Cuban immigrant population, chiefly, and that isn't DACA.

We were talking about DACA vs. US GenPop, culturally. Now you're attempting to shift the goalposts.
"The West" is a coherent notion and need not imply "superiority" or "excellence". There exist huge cultural differences between regions of the world which are based on history, language, climate, genetics, and time living separately. Some cultures are fundamentally incompatible.

I also have seen no evidence for your claim that the superior/inferior worldview describes most of Trump's base. What's your evidence for that?
Threads like this one:
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/d...he-west-if-not-you-might-be-a-racist.3781949/

The fact that Trump talks about "shithole" countries, says that the US won't be a "migrant camp", blames Europe for letting in millions of violent migrants who will radically and negatively change its culture, etc. This was the reason for his initial "travel ban" when it was still the "Muslim ban".

Are you being deliberately obtuse, or are you genuinely this ignorant?

Why does the left try to spin this?

You would think that not granting dangerous criminals citizenship would be common sense.
Well, Washington Times botched that part. Not all 53,000 are criminals since presumably at least some of them haven't been convicted of any crimes.

But yeah, I agree with your point. If you're going to give amnesty to 700,000 illegal aliens, maybe set the standards a bit higher.

That's one county, that's the Cuban immigrant population, chiefly, and that isn't DACA.

We were talking about DACA vs. US GenPop, culturally. Now you're attempting to shift the goalposts.

How incredibly sloppy of you. This is a thread about DACA. You started remarking on the low rate of DUI arrests among the DACA population compared to the native population (a dubious comparison, but put that aside), and proceeded to speculate on why illegal immigrants might have a lower rate of DUI than the native population. I responded in kind, posting the best data we have on illegal immigrants and drunk driving.

Please admit that you are the person here who changed the subject by moving from DACA recipients to illegal immigrants. If you obfuscate or otherwise act like a bitch, I will be sure to ignore your posts in the future. I have no time for dishonest people.

"The West" is a coherent notion and need not imply "superiority" or "excellence". There exist huge cultural differences between regions of the world which are based on history, language, climate, genetics, and time living separately. Some cultures are fundamentally incompatible.

I also have seen no evidence for your claim that the superior/inferior worldview describes most of Trump's base. What's your evidence for that?

Threads like this one:
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/d...he-west-if-not-you-might-be-a-racist.3781949/

The fact that Trump talks about "shithole" countries, says that the US won't be a "migrant camp", blames Europe for letting in millions of violent migrants who will radically and negatively change its culture, etc. This was the reason for his initial "travel ban" when it was still the "Muslim ban".

Your claim is that most Trump supporters view the West as "superior" to the rest of the "inferior" world. Let's examine your evidence.

1) Your first bit of evidence for a claim about the views of most Trump supporters is a Sherdog thread.

Re-read that and let it sink in.

2) Please post the audio of Trump using the phrase "shithole".

Oh, you can't. You're taking it on the word of slimeball hypocrite Dick Durbin. Senators Perdue and Cotton dispute Durbin's account.

In the absence of audio recording or even text transcription of the meeting, you're reaching big-time. And that's just on the question of Trump's personal views. Your statement was about "most Trump supporters". You're really straining credulity here.

3) Do you want the US to become a migrant camp? I don't, and I'd wager that most Americans don't. Does that mean that we view other countries as "inferior" to us?

4) Yeah, Trump blames western countries for allowing millions of "refugees" into their borders without proper vetting. Again, that does not indicate a superiority complex.

Last edited:
Not a surprise. It's not like they got here through a legitimate process, and the enablers are happy to create conditions that lead in the direction of crime.

Yeah.
@Johnny Mac @bobgeese

Is higher education liberal marxist indoctrination?

giphy.gif

@waiguoren wants your confirmation.
I see that you and @M3t4tr0n missed me over the last week, while I was on vacation. We stayed at my wife's friend's house to save money, but we had a great time! We probably should have spent that money on a Hotel 6 though, because the mattress was terrible. But now I am home and rested....Ready to take on all you transgendered communist liberals!

I see that you and @M3t4tr0n missed me over the last week, while I was on vacation. We stayed at my wife's friend's house to save money, but we had a great time! We probably should have spent that money on a Hotel 6 though, because the mattress was terrible. But now I am home and rested....Ready to take on all you transgendered communist liberals!
Welcome back, ripcuck ;)

It's simple if you are convicted of a violent crime your are out when you complete your time.

Back