*NEW* My True Protein Custom PWO Formula

Are you the same donut62 from T-nation by chance? I go by basically the same name(drop the cD1 part).

Agreed with your recommendations either way.

Thanks for the input guys, just one more question: when your order arrives, does it have the ingredients listed so if I had to different formulas I could differentiate between the 2? And does come with the nutrition facts too? It's not really important, I was just wondering.

Thanks for the input guys, just one more question: when your order arrives, does it have the ingredients listed so if I had to different formulas I could differentiate between the 2? And does come with the nutrition facts too? It's not really important, I was just wondering.

If you have two products they will be labeled... they used to just write on them with a marker lol, I think they have moved to basic labels that will say like

Custom Blend
X % Swedish Oat
x % BCAA
X & Hydro Whey
etc

but no nutrition facts otherwise they'd be on the computer punching numbers all day for the weird orders they get.

Scott, any idea of TP is opening a distribution center in Canada in the near or far future? The delivery times and costs kinda suck for me right now :(

I'm also surprised that they don't have an automatic nutrition data generator, considering that the website itself has one!

Are you the same donut62 from T-nation by chance? I go by basically the same name(drop the cD1 part).

Agreed with your recommendations either way.

The one and only. This forum tends to be more fun.

Scott, any idea of TP is opening a distribution center in Canada in the near or far future? The delivery times and costs kinda suck for me right now :(

I'm also surprised that they don't have an automatic nutrition data generator, considering that the website itself has one!

I do believe that is in the works but setting up shop in different countries(Australia is another project) takes a LOT of money and there are lots of hoops to jump through. Unfortunately the shipping costs to Canada and other countries do suck because protein is freaking heavy and USPS dropped their former mode of shipping that they used so they are in a scramble to work out something else with them. Dante is making it as painless as possible for our Canadian friends believe me... he has said he actually loses money on orders to certain parts of Canada because he absorbs the taxes/duties.

...Madmick's original formula used dextrose/maltodextrin/WMS, which all have much more carb content than ground oats....

Well, i guess too much time on my hands to beat dead horses! :redface: I'm confused about this 2:1 ratio business. MadMick is saying keep the *mixture* ratio of carb:protein at 2:1. Allan Aragon here Bodybuilding.com Forums - View Single Post - Pre, During, & Postworkout Nutrition. is saying keep the *gram* ratio of carb:protein at 2:1.

How you make your drink significantly effects that number. By using MadMicks formula of 30% malto, 30% dextrose, 30% hydrolized whey, (5% BCAA 5% creatine) the *gram ratio* of carb:protein that you end up with is 9.2:8.4.

So MadMick, the end result "per gram" ratio of your mixture is far off of what Aragon suggests, which is what I was always under the impression that we needed. However, you said it's damn near on par with a PWO supplement like Biotest Surge. Can you please comment on this issue of mixture ratio versus grams per serving ratio? Thanks!

Well, i guess too much time on my hands to beat dead horses! :redface: I'm confused about this 2:1 ratio business. MadMick is saying keep the *mixture* ratio of carb:protein at 2:1. Allan Aragon here Bodybuilding.com Forums - View Single Post - Pre, During, & Postworkout Nutrition. is saying keep the *gram* ratio of carb:protein at 2:1.

How you make your drink significantly effects that number. By using MadMicks formula of 30% malto, 30% dextrose, 30% hydrolized whey, (5% BCAA 5% creatine) the *gram ratio* of carb:protein that you end up with is 9.2:8.4.

So MadMick, the end result "per gram" ratio of your mixture is far off of what Aragon suggests, which is what I was always under the impression that we needed. However, you said it's damn near on par with a PWO supplement like Biotest Surge. Can you please comment on this issue of mixture ratio versus grams per serving ratio? Thanks!

Nice work on breaking down the gram ratio, cheath. I haven't crunched the numbers myself, but I'll take your word for it. I'm going to assume that MadMick assumed by having the percentage ratios at 2:1, the gram ratio would work the same.

Aragon's PWO recommendations of 0.25g/lb PRO and 0.5g/lb CHO are pretty much the same as Berardi's 0.4g/kg PRO and 0.8g/kg CHO---you can't go wrong with either, and I'd follow these recommendations, since both are highly respected. Just adjust your PWO formula accordingly.

Wow, wtg Cheath. I never even thought to do the math on that. I guess I just made the same assumption that Mike mentioned.

For anyone curious, a mix of 40% whey conc./30% malto/30% dextrose gives a gram ratio of about 2:1. (18.8 gms CHO:9.2 gms PRO per 30 gm serving to be exact)

I do believe that is in the works but setting up shop in different countries(Australia is another project) takes a LOT of money and there are lots of hoops to jump through. Unfortunately the shipping costs to Canada and other countries do suck because protein is freaking heavy and USPS dropped their former mode of shipping that they used so they are in a scramble to work out something else with them. Dante is making it as painless as possible for our Canadian friends believe me... he has said he actually loses money on orders to certain parts of Canada because he absorbs the taxes/duties.

TP coming to Australia? I can't wait.

For anyone curious, a mix of 40% whey conc./30% malto/30% dextrose gives a gram ratio of about 2:1. (18.8 gms CHO:9.2 gms PRO per 30 gm serving to be exact)

Unfortunately, that's all 100% of the mixture, leaving no room for BCAA's or creatine. However, one could EASILY toss in a spoonfull of creatine that comes from another tub (duh). What about BCAA though? Could we also just order a pound of BCAA and do the same thing? Scoop of the whey/carb mix, spoon of BCAA, spoon of creatine. I don't see why we couldn't do that, but I'm certainly not the knowledgeable one regarding nutrition around here....I'm just good with math. :redface:

I do add my creatine separately, and my BCAAs I actually have Pre/peri-WO, but yeah, they come out of a separate tub also.

A word of advice though, if you go that route: Spend the extra couple bucks for the instantized BCAAs, otherwise they're very bitter.

I don't see why you guys need to pre-mix your WO drinks.

Think of it like this. If my standard drink is 2:1, it's not a pain to mix per serving because it's 2-3 powders. Now say I'm maintaining my BW and BF% on this normal drink--great. Now say I want to cut weight, one of Berardi's steps to cutting his cutting carbs of PWO shake. If you order yours mixed, you're don't have that option unless you want to add more protein and run more math, but then you have to fix it all back to go back to the normal drink mix if you want to.

Some of you drink your shake before and during the WO, so you probably don't want all that creatine in there. Adding creatine solo is not a pain at all. Don't mix it. Plus if you want to try something new and stack a new trial supp, many of them have creatine already.. see my point?

For BCAAs, I recently read a paper about how a BCAA PWO shake soon after a workout, then a whey shake 30m-1h later gave twice the response as one shake due to protein speeds. You can't do that if you mix it all.

And to finish my argument, you're never sure your scoop is 30/30/30/5/5 or whatever, unless you mix it all on the spot before making the drink. Some of you with the OCD care, some don't.

And yeah, get BCAA caps or instantized or flavored powder. I got the normal stuff and it's bitter and floats and sucks ass.

Can someone help me out here. On that Alan Aragon article I was under the impression that a 1:1 carb to protein combo was better for body building and not just resistance training. Now are we talking actual protein to carb grams or just protein to carb ratios?

Almost always they are talking about gram ratios. 2:1 is the equivalent of 30 grams of carbs and 15 grams of protein. This thread and the percentage talk seems to be the only confusing part.
If you can get the right gram to gram ratio going, you should be good.
Milk and oats PWO for me, easy.

Can someone help me out here. On that Alan Aragon article I was under the impression that a 1:1 carb to protein combo was better for body building and not just resistance training. Now are we talking actual protein to carb grams or just protein to carb ratios?

If you're talking about the article I think you're talking about, it's based on the gram ratio AND based on your weight. You have to take your target body weight and multiply by one number to get the grams of carb you need, and another to get the gram of protein you need. So he's talking about grams.

I pointed out that issue to MikeMartial, and he said just adjust a PWO shake accordingly, until the serving numbers add to 2:1. Only problem with that is you don't know what it does to taste!

So If I buy a tub of Oat starch by itself how do I figure out how many scoops to use? Because, 30 grams of Oat starch is only 23 grams of carbohydrate. However the 70cc scooper is different for carbs.. I'm lost now

So If I buy a tub of Oat starch by itself how do I figure out how many scoops to use? Because, 30 grams of Oat starch is only 23 grams of carbohydrate. However the 70cc scooper is different for carbs.. I'm lost now

A scoop of WMS is about 40 grams depending on how much you pack it... I haven't seen numbers on SOS but I can't imagine they are too far off that. On the TP forums they have several stickies about grams/scoops/things of that nature and your answer might be in there by now.

If you've got a scale simply zero it out with the scoop on and measure a full one and you can be sure.

Back